FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:30:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 60   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FCRB30 Wagon  (Read 660387 times)
pedro
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #620 on: August 02, 2010, 01:36:07 PM »

Sounds painful......hope they went gently on you

No probs. they use a special tool to do it Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed

but will have to thaw everything out it's been so cold down here.

Better not mention the fact we've been having 25 deg. days up here then hey Jack Wink
               Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #621 on: August 02, 2010, 10:44:52 PM »

Better not mention the fact we've been having 25 deg. days up here then hey Jack Wink
               Pedro

Pedro,

You need to spend some time in the southern states to see just how bloody cold it is down here,
Nothing worse than working on your car at night with two jumpers on and overalls too, looking up and realising that the frost is settling on the wife's car, and it's only 9.30pm Tongue

We have a spare room....

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #622 on: August 03, 2010, 07:58:15 AM »

You need to spend some time in the southern states to see just how bloody cold it is down here,
Nothing worse than working on your car at night with two jumpers on and overalls too, looking up and realising that the frost is settling on the wife's car, and it's only 9.30pm Tongue

well........ get her car out of there so you don't have to look at it!  Roll Eyes Grin  And....... then you'll have more room for your project(s)!  Wink

yeah, I know, welders can't re-attach fleshy bits!  Cheesy

NosFEratu
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #623 on: August 03, 2010, 08:00:35 AM »

Thanks for the offer Keith but I think I'll pass on that one, I've never forgotten the time I spent in sth. Australia where everybody sits around the heater all day because it's too cold to go outside, rode my Norton to a mates house came out to go home at 7.30 and there was ice on the seat and that was i February Shocked.
      Pedro

F4+
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #624 on: August 03, 2010, 10:39:32 AM »

I remeber going to fraser island and we had a cyclone warning so we came back to the caravan park and got hit by a cyclone lifted vans uprooted trees trashed the joint have not been back since

FCV08

FE FC Club of QLD

View Profile
« Reply #625 on: August 03, 2010, 07:25:43 PM »

Hey Pedro

Great work.

BTW you don't need to go south to experience the cold just come to Toowoomba it was 11 degrees today Shocked Shocked Shocked Grin Grin.

Keep up the good work

Craig
FCOV6

View Profile
« Reply #626 on: August 04, 2010, 02:09:26 PM »

Thanks for the offer Keith but I think I'll pass on that one, I've never forgotten the time I spent in sth. Australia where everybody sits around the heater all day because it's too cold to go outside, rode my Norton to a mates house came out to go home at 7.30 and there was ice on the seat and that was i February Shocked.
      Pedro

SA too cold ? not while i lived there, i used to ride my VFR everyday.
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #627 on: August 05, 2010, 06:58:32 AM »

SA too cold ? not while i lived there, i used to ride my VFR everyday.

I only had a bike all the time I was in Murry bridge, riding to work in the middle of winter certainly was a new experience for a queenslander Wink.

BTW you don't need to go south to experience the cold just come to Toowoomba it was 11 degrees today

I'm going to have to get used to that soon as we are moving to Boonah, as anyone who has been following my rebuild knows we have been wanting to move home to the Gold coast area for the last few years, the main reason we have been staying here in the bay is because our daughters and grandkids were here, now they have told us they are racking off up to the mines for five years so it looks like it's time to put this place up for sale and go, I've got a couple of weeks left to get at least the first coat of paint on the old girl so she doesn't rust then I'll have to put her on hold while we sell and move, at least once we move i'll be able to go to all the swap meets and shows etc. down there.
              Pedro

F4+
57effie

View Profile
« Reply #628 on: August 05, 2010, 05:03:37 PM »

Hey Craig,
 Toowoomba is almost tropical compared to Kingaroy. Although this year has been a little warm. We havnt had the usual 30 days in a row of frost. And there hasnt been any snow on the Bunya's.
Ya dont need to go south to get cold.
Is there a local club on the Downs ?
Mark
FCV08

FE FC Club of QLD

View Profile
« Reply #629 on: August 05, 2010, 05:05:59 PM »

Mark

Not that I am aware of but there are a few of us around the area.

I know of three other within the Toowoomba area.

Cheers

Craig
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #630 on: August 05, 2010, 09:19:58 PM »

You need to spend some time in the southern states to see just how bloody cold it is down here
Thank God for patio heaters in sheds!Mine has had a thrashing over the last few weeks.No updates though,not until the weekend at least just so it looks like I've done something....

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #631 on: August 07, 2010, 02:40:10 PM »

Finished doing the rust repairs on the doors, and one of the most unpleasant jobs so far, painting the insides of them with rust killer and then body deadener, half way through applying bodyfiller(that sound better Wink), what a difference this bog is compared to the last one I had, just like spreading butter and no lumps in it Smiley, this was the worst door, the others don't have as much rust but lots of dents.

Pedro

F4+
DN2168
nsw-club

See you on the road Skag!!

dean.nommensen
View Profile WWW
« Reply #632 on: August 08, 2010, 07:43:13 AM »

Pedro,

Great work, she's all coming ahead now, looking good.

Oh & don't worry most of us feel better after a good "lump free bog" Grin

Dean.
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #633 on: August 08, 2010, 06:01:16 PM »

AH HATES BOGGING

Pedro

F4+
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #634 on: August 09, 2010, 08:30:56 AM »

AH HATES BOGGING

Pedro

I can realate, Pedro, but I am not good enough at it too use the hot filler (lead). The cold filler is sooo much easier to use. I have seen (many years ago) an oxy acet gun that was used to heat a panel and when the panel got warm enough you simply fed the lead into the top and used it like a spray putty gun. I would love to find one and have a go with it.

It (Bogging) is a messy tiresome job, so good luck with it

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #635 on: August 09, 2010, 10:40:41 AM »

I just bought a straight line, dual piston sander to help me knock down bog quickly.

Now i will apply bog, file, air sand then hand finish... should make it a little quicker and less tiring.

Haven't tried out the sander yet.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #636 on: August 09, 2010, 01:04:40 PM »

I just bought a straight line, dual piston sander to help me knock down bog quickly.

Now i will apply bog, file, air sand then hand finish... should make it a little quicker and less tiring.

Cheers

Ed

Ed Rupes make an electric straight line sander about 5 times quicker than the air type but also about 5 times the $$$$$$ ......FC427......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
GMB-58FC

Stage one complete...

View Profile
« Reply #637 on: August 09, 2010, 01:23:34 PM »

Cheers

Ed

The amount of time you save using a sander you will NEVER go back to doing anything by hand again Wink

ABS Hobart- 6231 5855

FOR ALL YOUR BRAKE & CLUTCH NEEDS. 

PM FOR QUOTE
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #638 on: August 09, 2010, 07:16:50 PM »

AAAhhhh c'mon guys!Board filing bog is great fun,especially in the middle of summer and after you've let it set for too long and it's hard as concrete!!!!  Angry It builds your arms up and your beer appetite and apart from all that it SUCKS!!!!  Angry I can't believe I didn't do my guards when I was doing the body.  Angry I'm back doing the dirty annoying body work again just when it felt like I was getting some where.  Angry How's that Pedro,did I help your motivation or what?  Tongue

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #639 on: August 14, 2010, 03:13:50 PM »

Just a quick update, haven't had much time or inclination to do much lately as my wife Maryanne has been diagnosed with breast cancer and we have been busy with doctors and hospitals, luckily it's the non aggresive type but she still has to go in for a mastectomy shortly to make sure it doesn't spread, it's hard to believe it's happening she has always been so strong and healthy.

Got a bit more done on the bogging today as I had to do something to keep my mind busy, nearly finished the doors.

Pedro

F4+
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 60   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: