FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:07:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 1958 wagon  (Read 51069 times)
Moon

Keep on buildin'em!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2011, 11:15:25 AM »

Good on ya customholden for both thinking outside the box and havin a crack at it  Wink.
Doesnt matter what you do, you'll always come across nay sayers in life, and if we all listened to 'em, life wouldn't be worth living!
So what if ya build doesn't come to fruition, it's yours and so long as you have fun playing with it, well in my books that's the main thing  Smiley.
Now I got a similar build on the back burner been happening for a while, ( not even sure it will continue in same direction yet ) but haven't said a thing about it as, although there is so much GREAT WONDEROUS HELPFUL PEOPLE and INFO in here (which is truly a credit), some people are very quick to jump on the negativity bandwagon and seem to enjoy dampening others creative spirits.
Anyway customholden, this is the way I went, got a running VN commodore (drove it for 2 weeks till rego ran out  Cheesy) for $150, then cut the thing to pieces  Grin. Cut it down so I had all the front still with motor in it and floor pan, then put FC sedan shell over top. Wasn't bloody easy by myself that's for sure, but at moment all is sitting as it should, just recently took motor out so I can work out next plan of attack for matching together the firewalls. I have some pics on my phone, but have updated my pc & now have to get phone software working so I can get the pics on here, will put them on soon as I can for you to see.
Here's the only pic I have at moment on my pc of what I did to the VN.

By the way, for those people who think it's a sin for what I've done to the FC, you don't realise just how BADLY RUSTED this body was, so way I see it I'm saving it through organ donation  Grin Tongue.
Cheers all,
Moon.
Moon

Keep on buildin'em!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2011, 01:47:04 PM »

Ok, back already. Got some pics on so here ya go.

And here's what i did to the back half of VN  Tongue. My daughter thought it was comfy!  Cheesy Grin

Will take a few more shots of project and post 'em up soon,
Cheers,
Moon.
fe-ambo

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2011, 02:53:34 PM »

Both really interesting builds and much thinking out of the square. I look forward to more photos of both.

Cheers
Paul

If take a ride in a ambulance you gotta a chance,
if you take a ride in a hearse its gotta be worse.

Check out this website for more photos
http://gallery.oldholden.com/hr-hearse
fe350chev
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2011, 10:00:10 PM »

power to ya. a few cans....and a few more.....should come to fruition

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
weddo
tas-club

Model: FC

HIS, HER's & OUR's

billnjudiwedd@gmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2011, 01:18:54 PM »

Well done both of you - luv recycling!!  If we didn't like hot rods it would never happen - keep going

I will probably get drawn and quartered for adding this picture of a single spinner F##rd recycled over a Toyota, but it shows how people do think out side of the square and how the finished product can be a great job. This is a local Tasmanian vehicle.

regards

Weddo
Moon

Keep on buildin'em!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2011, 11:03:35 PM »

Thanks Weddo, cool pic, even if it is a F##rd. Lucky it's got that dependable Toyota underneath to hold her up. LOL. Cheesy Tongue
Moon.
customholden

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2011, 08:14:28 PM »

Hey Weddo, cool pic i have seen a few done like that in the US and thats is my what i had in mind while doing mine.

Hey Moon, i like the way you think. nice work on your build, a bit different to everyone else. i found a lot of good info on all the builds on this forum and other forums and they will always help you out with info, even if they do like you build they still respect it.

I am working on the rear guards for mine this weekend. got one side on today. i will do the other side and tailgate tommorrow.
customholden

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2011, 06:39:18 PM »

ok here is the pics of this week ends progress. got the both rear quarters tacked into postion. cut the skin off the commodore tailgate and rear positioned it to line up with the curve of the fc rear. i have tacked the fc tailgate badge panel over the commodore number plate spot.

This one will make any fc fan cry Cry
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 09:02:02 AM by stinky » Logged
fe350chev
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2011, 08:14:03 PM »

lucky i like fe's slightly more then hey  Cheesy

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
fe-ambo

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2011, 10:48:32 PM »

Any more progress on the wagon or has it gone into winter hibernation?

customholden

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2011, 06:05:35 AM »

its coming along slowly. here are some pics for you all

got the column shift in and working now. the fc steering wheel will fit when i relocate the indicator arm. and i need to cut the hump out of the front of the fc bench seat.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 07:13:33 AM by stinky » Logged
customholden

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2011, 06:07:52 AM »

this is my vision of the project completed

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/photo.php?fbid=2247773278911&set=a.1596054466348.2073493.1385568631&type=1&theater

« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 07:17:20 AM by stinky » Logged
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2011, 11:21:01 AM »

Hey Customholden, the rear looks great! The front needs a new radius on the guard lip but should work out OK. Are you going to put FC door handles on or leave as is?

Can you post the ID plate and chassis number off the FC for my collection please.

regards  Ken
fe-ambo

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2011, 10:50:27 AM »

Thanks for the update pics. It is coming along well.
I think Ken's idea of putting FC door handles on is worth considering.
Is there a flap to go on where the fuel filler is?

Cheers
Paul

customholden

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2011, 07:58:38 AM »

here is the info your chasing ken
FC-219-2149-A Vehicle is an FC Standard Station Sedan, the 2,149th manufactured in Adelaide, SA.
352-667 The Exterior Trim Code (352) describes this car as Single-Tone: Cape Ivory.
The Interior Trim Code (667) refers to: Fall Red.
256-2158  The paint colour is Cape Ivory (in DUCO Lacquer)
8-10100-B The vehicle was assembled during 1958, and was the 9,100th FC (in any bodystyle) assembled in Brisbane, Queensland.
L511670 Manufacture date (based on engine number) is October 1958

Yes i was thinking the same thing about the fc door handles inside and out and i do have the round commodore fuel door to go on.
GMVAN

GGGGRRRRRRRRRR cof cof

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2011, 09:16:30 PM »

Hi custom holden, Did you get my PM re: the roofling bows and ziggy zaggy thingys along the sides. Thanx, grubby

:(If at first you don't suceed give up & have a beer;)
ratbox

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2011, 09:22:13 PM »

gotta do something with the front guards they're wrong but i like the idea, had the same thoughts after seeing the EK version VN but useing a wagon
customholden

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2011, 09:42:57 PM »

i know the front guards aren't the standard fc wheel arch but when you have to extend the front half 150mm it was the easyest way and i am hoping that once i get the front bar on it won 't look as bad and look more like a 50's merc style guard

Cheers Tony
GMVAN

GGGGRRRRRRRRRR cof cof

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 28, 2011, 08:38:53 AM »

Tony sorry about the delay in getting back to you but my home computer had a coranary(heart attack) so went and bought a laptop and had to try and transfer all items out of the old one. Anyhow I recieved the hood bows about a week ago and are verry happy with them.   Thanx for doing that for me.  Grin             Grubby.

:(If at first you don't suceed give up & have a beer;)
fink fc

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2011, 05:44:26 PM »

Hey Weddo, cool pic i have seen a few done like that in the US and thats is my what i had in mind while doing mine.

Hey Moon, i like the way you think. nice work on your build, a bit different to everyone else. i found a lot of good info on all the builds on this forum and other forums and they will always help you out with info, even if they do like you build they still respect it.

I am working on the rear guards for mine this weekend. got one side on today. i will do the other side and tailgate tommorrow.
LUV YOR WORK BUDDY! HOW ABOUT SOME UPDATES & KEEP IT GOIN,  GAZ. Cool
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: