FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 28, 2024, 06:34:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC ute, a new beginning??  (Read 5035 times)
FC229

View Profile
« on: November 26, 2011, 09:25:08 AM »

Thought it was time to share my ute story. The first picture here is from about 1975, me and my old man trying to fix the ute. I think this was the last time it ran, after we pulled the head off to fix a welch plug, and couldn't get it going again. From memory we bought the car for $75, even back then it was too rusty for rego.
It was once well loved, with wilsonia guage, Maxrob? steering wheel, Nasco heater, sports mirror. There are also a few picks of where the ute sat for 35 years or so, with pretty much no change other than more rust, and some scum bags breaking all the glass.

Over the last few years as the owner of the property was selling it I have gone about getting it back. Not much left underneath it. Plenty of holes, not much structure. The side on picture shows gaps at the bottom of the doors showing how much the body is collapsing.
More recently,  I have picked up a shell from ebay, which has been living at Dubbo for the last 30 years or so. Not sure how I will go but have pretty much everthing I need to put a ute together apart from door glass.
Next step is to start pulling the Farm ute apart to salvage what I can. Other than that I have a few things I need to finish around the house before I can seriously start on the shell I have picked up, including building a shed for it. My original plan was to put the good stuff like the gauge in the wagon, but my plan is now to rebuild the ute as an original plus added options.
The wagon has plenty of company now!
More photos in link to PhotoBucket.

http://s1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff461/fc-229/

JOX515
vic-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 09:41:47 AM »

WOW, lots of work needed there FC229, but if the wagon is anything to go by, this will be one hell of ute when finished.

Cheers, Graeme
zl296

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 03:56:38 PM »

time...thatswhat it takes,patience.....
money...
but it will be worth it all.... Wink

die young and leave a good looking corpse...
Stash
nsw-club

Model: FC

Sydney, NSW

johnchaplin
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 10:01:19 AM »

great project - lots of work.
but love there is a back story and history to it...

all the best.

John
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: