FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:51:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Shed find FC ute  (Read 42422 times)
fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2012, 10:46:43 AM »

Looking great Glenn, keep it up and keep the pics flowing.
Jim.    ps sent you a pm

on the seventh day: God Made Holden
FC-V8

Not enough hours in the day

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2012, 04:29:09 PM »

Hi all

Spent the day replacing both the under floor rails, they came up very well, all welded in, etched primered and seam sealed. Now moving on to the rear tub section and trying to work out what fuel tank to put in either original or maybe xb f**d any suggestions?

Glenn

What it to rev ? install a CHEV !
0401-065-201
fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2012, 09:42:57 PM »

Glenn, I've heard that a vl c/dore tank will fit between the chassis rails, have'nt seen it done though. I remember a few years ago at a car show a bloke had a v6 in an FJ and he said he had the vl tank in it.If it works it's better than a ford.
Regards Jim

fe350chev
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2012, 09:52:37 PM »

See below, Fevan V6 used an enlarged vn one for extra capacity. He is rebuilding his, perhaps see if he is changing his for his new build, he may have the old one for sale (depending on what he wants to do I don't know).

Title: Re: 365 days
Post by: fevanv6 on May 23, 2009, 08:00:59 PM
341 Days...

Fuel tank today, 80 litre VN tank.

The tank has been cut open and 13cm added for 40 more litres, and the VT fuel pump and surge tank incorporated into the tank while open.

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
JB
Guru

Model: FE

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2012, 10:39:07 PM »

What a pipe dream that was 365days to get to the nationals with a car... The things we try and do...

The tank is a VN and it does fit in the rails but doesn't leave a lot either side for much. The tank was cleaned and I cut it, but had to pay for someone to weld the extra section in, so if you are good with a tig then it would be cost effective. I got an extra 35 litres (Best guess) as I haven't actually filled it up yet. There have been others who have put the same tank in using the original straps from the VN, see FCRB30 Wagon by Pedro on page 13. Mine was page 2 on 365days...
This should give you 2 perspectives on the VN anyway.
The old tank was rotten and thrown out long ago, as were most of the rusted bits and pieces that came out of the ute.

Hope it helps,
Cheers
JB

Phone +64 223509263
fink fc

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2012, 07:20:59 AM »
+1

Apparantly they mabe 80ltr long range fuel tanks for vn-vs Stato's more likely the V8'S, There's one on Gumtree Melb right now,should save you some time and money! Gaz . Grin
FC-V8

Not enough hours in the day

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2012, 08:20:50 PM »

Hi all

Got a day off so I made up a bracket for the VQ V8 Statesman brake booster.

This bracket uses the original master cylinder holes so it can be put back to original if needed
fits in there very nicely. Needed to enlarge the push rod hole to 40mm but it all hooks to the original pedal assembly. I cut off the original VQ push rod end and welded on the original fc end to give full pedal movement.

Cheers
Glenn 

What it to rev ? install a CHEV !
0401-065-201
fe350chev
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2012, 09:26:50 PM »

It amazes me the various combinations and ingenuity that goes into this aspect of a build. I'd love to be able to line up say five diff combos and test them all for pedal feel and performance. And i like the idea of being able to reverse mods if you wanna reverse anything  Cheesy

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2012, 09:05:48 AM »

Smart thinking Glenn, looks like it was a factory fit,what about the cluch or are you running an auto?. As Deano said, it's a great idea to be able to go back to standard if you ever need to. Thanks again for your photos, I've been ploding along with the rust repairs and will post some shots after the weekend.
Jim

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: