FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 01, 2024, 07:22:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Poo Apart  (Read 46137 times)
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2003, 05:54:20 AM »

Craig,
she's looking Good hope the platers don't let you down.
Cheers,
Graham
Wayne
nsw-club
Guru

I Love my FE

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2003, 06:07:36 AM »

Craig looking realy good may win award for best paint job
WAYNE
Cat
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2003, 08:23:24 AM »

Looks wonderful Craig....I have just one question, and  
please pardon my ignorance....but what is a rear beaver?  And yes I know full well what a "beaver" is thank you very much ret and anyone else who is too cheeky for their own good............  Grin

Zoom zoom!
2brite
wa-club

Cruizin's devine in a '59

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2003, 11:31:30 AM »

I just had to write this down,
a rear beaver is a woman born with a slight birth defect
Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
seriuosly, a rear beaver is the panel below the boot where the fuel cap is located

ps i hope i didnt offend any females Cry
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2003, 11:01:10 PM »

And if someone runs into you hard enough to puncture the metal work you have what a panel-beater might call "a split beaver".

Sorry sorry sorry.

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
brads59

OLD OLDENS=STYLE

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2003, 09:29:16 AM »

Gee all this talk about beavers. Tongue.
Im off to the loo Wink.
Looks great Craig sorry i cant make the nats to go for a ride in her.
Cheers BRAD

1959 Black Std sedan
slim
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Ring 0420768346 for genuine FE/FC parts.

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2003, 10:59:54 PM »

Your a credit to the fe/fc Fraternity Craig, Hope you reap the rewards for your efforts at the Nationals

Im located at Liverpool, NSW
craiga
« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2003, 06:10:20 AM »

Poo Mobile is getting close!!!!

Guards arrived home this afternoon, bonnet and boot coming tomorrow. All doors are fitted and new bailey channels and seals are done. Fit up and adjust the panels, new exhaust booked in for Thursday, rego on Friday, some road testing over the weekend, and (touch wood) it looks like the Poo Mobile will be on its way to QLD  Grin Grin

No more photos though until I get back from QLD, if you want to see the results come to the Nats.
Believe it or not but there's another FC attending that's a dead ringer for my Poo Mobile!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to meet everyone in person at the Nats.

Thanks for your interest in the Poo repaint.

Cheers,

Craig.
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2003, 06:44:49 AM »

Good luck with the final touches Craig. Work has me booked to go to the States for a couple of weeks and it is right over the easter period. I am hoping it gets canned as I am/was really looking forward to Nats.

If I do not see you there I look forward to the after nats snap shots.

Cheers Jim

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
Hewart
nsw-club

Holden on forever...

profile.php?id=1071847991 hewart
View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2003, 07:12:23 AM »

G'day Craig...

Looking good as of the last pics, and I'm sure she looks even better now...!! Congrats on a top job, and one so detailed so close to the Nats.... good luck up there.... you might win a trophy, at least the one for "Fastest rebuild" is in the bag....!!

Good luck on the trip up, and to everone, have fun...!!
Cheers
Les...

PS: Can't wait to see your photos of the Nationals...!!!

craiga
« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2003, 03:55:32 AM »

Final chapter of the Days of our Poo  Grin

The Poo Mobile made it to the Nats, albiet with some fuel problems (courtesy of a rolled up page from a 1976 newspaper that was inside the fuel tank which lead to 17 stops during the trip to blow out the obstruction from the fuel line Cry ), a sticking starter solenoid which was repaired at the Isle of Palms, and a cracked exhaust manifold.  

It also broke an accellerator clip on the side of the Gold Coast Motorway  Sad but thanks to Alex (Custom_Fc) the clip was replaced and everything was OK.

We travelled around 2000 miles in 9 days and really enjoyed our time at the Nats.

Thanks to everyone for their comments throughout the past few months.

Cheers,

Craig.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2003, 03:57:25 AM by craiga » Logged
Tony FC5859

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 26, 2003, 07:12:04 AM »

G'day Craig , you certainly have a beautiful fc , I've been watching your rebuild over the last few months , it was good to see you finished it in time for the nationals, I went to the Sydney nationals and also plan to go to the next nationals. I read earlier that you have had the car for 20 years, how do you keep a car for that long?, I usually keep my car for 1 or 2 years max.(before getting bored with them) I took a 2 tone blue Fc to Sydney and now own a red fc( Fc number 5) with a grey motor and dragways. Also I would love to get a video of the nationals did you or anyone else take a video of the event that I can buy a copy of?    :)Tony Styles
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 26, 2003, 08:44:25 AM »

Hi Craig

It was great to see you at the Nats. Poo was looking very fine.

I think we need some more pic of the finished product for those who did not get a first hand view like myself.

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
craiga
« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2003, 10:23:42 AM »

Tony, Jim,

Thanks for your kind words.  

I still have the car mainly because it was stored in the garage for so long - and to be honest I pretty much forgot about it between 1989 and 2001!!!! It was covered up and then wood and other junk piled around it, and company cars meant I had no use for it. I also didn't have the cash to register the FC and my other personal car so it just sat idle. After 20 years it is extremely unlikely I'll ever part with it, hence the effort to repaint and tidy up. Now it should last me until at least the 2023 Nationals Grin

I'll post some more completion shots after I have cleaned it up after the trip home. Below are some to show the early history of my ownership. No comments on the hair style are allowed Wink

Cheers,

Craig.
slim
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Ring 0420768346 for genuine FE/FC parts.

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2003, 08:30:19 PM »

Starting to look a bit long in the tooth in that last shot . But the FC looks Great  Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin

Im located at Liverpool, NSW
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 27, 2003, 06:15:23 AM »

Hi Craig.
I also have enjoyed watching the rebuild. And what a result!!! I dig that car VERY much.
As for the photos, I wouldn't worry too much about anyone commenting on your hair, I think those shorts in the 1987 shot are what you should be worried about. MAN, they look tight. No wonder you had your legs crossed!!
Anyway, congrats on the HUGE effort.
Regards,
Rob

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
trent

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 01, 2003, 07:50:52 AM »

Craig,
Really enjoyed seeing the restoration,The car is a credit to you. Good for you sticking with the origional colors.
Question:Was your car painted in Two Pac or Acrilic paint as i noticed that the bolt off pannels were done after the main body,this can often lead to a different finish of the gun unless it was Acrilic paint and you rubbed the whole thing down once back together.
Thanks Trent.
craiga
« Reply #77 on: June 01, 2003, 09:40:20 AM »

Hi Trent,

Glad you liked the photos.

The car is painted in two pack PPG paint. All removable panels were painted off the car, and all paint was mixed to formula and then applied within a 10 day period so no colour issues. As expected, there are some minor differences in the "peel" of the paint surface - the kind of thing only the owner or bored "expert" notices - but these will be removed when the car is blocked back with 2000 in about 4 months.  

Polished it up today with some Mothers Glaze and it came up a treat. I'll stick some photos up tomorrow night after the show at Camden.

Cheers,

Craig.
trent

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 01, 2003, 10:01:46 AM »

Thanks Craig,
I will look forward to more photos of the mighty "POO".
Trent.
craiga
« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2003, 08:14:24 AM »

Just had to put up a photo of the Poo Mobile after its first polish  Grin

« Last Edit: June 02, 2003, 08:30:28 AM by craiga » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: