FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:29:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Poo Apart  (Read 45484 times)
Cat
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2003, 03:51:00 AM »

Craig, I bet you are sooooo excited!  I can't wait to see your freshly painted poo mobile at the nationals.  And boy am I jealous.  I can't wait for the day that TC comes in fresh blue.....and the wagon in fresh poo!  Keep up the "excrement" work and keep the photos coming!  Grin
Cat

Zoom zoom!
craiga
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2003, 05:01:42 AM »

Nicko,

No hard feelings from me. I could have painted it bright green or in that flip paint if I really wanted to, but chose Poo and White.

As with you, there are colours that I don't like: maybe your car is painted one of those colours.  I don't care if it is, it's an FE or FC and after all that's why we are all here.

Hope to show you the Poo Mobile in person one day.

Maybe I can talk you round.................Wink

Cheers,

Craig.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2003, 05:08:37 AM by craiga » Logged
nicko
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2003, 11:18:05 AM »

sorry i was brought up with an Aussie's sarcastic sense of humour, just stiring and only in fun , ease up ret and dont be so serious lifes too short, i would give my right arm to have a car as nice as Craig's,

Effie C

Model: other Holden

Still Lost & Confused

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2003, 11:28:22 AM »

What "new colour" did you have in mind?  Tiger Mica?  That Candy-Apple Vomit colour that new Falcons come in? That would be a criminal act.
RET

Hey RET

Now who is getting insulting, a few people might like tiger mica / candy apple whatever(Don't know why), but each to his own and each to be able to voice his or her opinion.

I myself prefer the colours they came in be it poo, marron or heaven forbid even that non colour grey

John M

LIVE LIFE ONE DAY AT A TIME,FOR TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME!

Photo Site:http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/v161/EffieC/
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2003, 12:20:21 PM »

Consider me put in my place, John.

Let's all just concentrate on the amazing battle against the clock CraigA has taken on - and is winning - I was over there tonight, and it looks v. v. good.  Even for poo Tongue

It's just great to see how quickly this car has gone from paint to primer and back again.  And how good it looks.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
customFC
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2003, 01:53:12 PM »

Hey Craig
The cars coming along nicely, but what's with the white. I thought you were going with something like this.

Regards
Alex

Effie C

Still Lost & Confused

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2003, 05:30:33 AM »

Here here RET lets all hope Poo Bear gets back together again in time.Craig still wondering if you are going to drive it up or truck it? Would be a shame to get bugs and chips on it after all the work you have put in.
John M

craiga
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2003, 10:19:11 AM »

Days of our Poo Update  

Poo's body came home yesterday with RET lending a hand to begin refit last night. John Rappinette was round all today and helped out heaps as well.  It was fantastic to have the assistance of someone whose been there before. Thanks Guys, this is why clubs are so valuable to us enthusiasts.

I was up until after midnight painting sound deadener and detailing the boot area, but the results are worth it.

Interior is now almost fully refitted, as well as boot and rear doors rubbers. Some wiring for the radio, demister fitment, and other minor things to go. We also visited the panel beater today and the swinging panels are all repaired waiting for primer. I'll post some pics of the car tomorrow.

Hi John, the Poo will never be scared to get out there amongst it so if it cops a few stones chips on the way, so be it. Half the fun of the Nats will be getting there anyway, if I can stay awake  Wink Looking forward to seeing you and your car up there.

Cheers,

Craig.
Effie C

Still Lost & Confused

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2003, 10:26:11 AM »

Graig

Good to hear you will be driving it, can't see the use of building a car that you can't or are too scared to drive. Me and the FC will be there by hook or by crook.

Just think when your tired and cheesed off with putting the car back together of all the fun you will have in it.

Your a braver man then me doing a full rebuild(Or close enough to it) this close to the Nats, but I am sure it will be worth it.

See you all at the Nats

John M

PS anyone know if Slim is vennturing up and has he sold the van yet?

craiga
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2003, 07:57:00 PM »

Big effort all weekend and some help from John and RET and its looking good.

craiga
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2003, 07:59:54 PM »

Interior Shot
craiga
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2003, 08:12:46 PM »

Wheels, ready for tyres
Wayne
nsw-club
Guru

I Love my FE

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2003, 09:29:15 PM »

Craig
Doing doing top job be nice when finished the way you are working that want be long.
WAYNE
2brite
wa-club

Cruizin's devine in a '59

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2003, 11:45:31 PM »

I dips me lid on a fantastic job,car looks poo hot

Regards 2brite
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2003, 02:23:34 AM »

Keep up with the hard work, looking forward to the poo together shots.

Cheers Jim

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2003, 02:36:12 AM »

Hi Graig

Just like some of the other regulars on the forum, I have been waiting with anticipation for some updates of your progress. Please Please Please stop being a tease and give us a ganda.

Hope all is going well and look forward to some more shots soon.

Cheers Jim

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
craiga
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2003, 12:19:51 PM »

Jim,

Thanks for your interest.

Sorry about the lack of updates. I got carried away and stripped the engine bay and motor back to nothing, so I've been burning the midnight oil.

Engine and engine bay are now repainted and wiring all cleaned up. Front undercarrriage is repainted (just gloss black), front end, motor and brakes serviced, gearbox linkages adjusted, and minor gearbox oil leak fixed. New tyres fitted to rims, lots of other new bits and pieces fitted.  Should receive new engine sticker kit early this week from Ken, after fitting I'll post some new photos.

All panels are still at spraypainters but will (should!!) come home this week for final fitup.

Then off to get a new exhaust and wheel alignment.

Still on track to make the Nats........

Cheers,

Craig.
craiga
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2003, 05:15:25 AM »

Latest Poo pictures...

Engine bay completed.
craiga
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2003, 05:19:02 AM »

Another view.

Thanks to Ken (THE Guru) for sending up the new stickers so quickly.
craiga
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2003, 05:26:53 AM »

Rear view with new bar.

In the late '80's one of my "mates" gave me a short sharp jab to the rear with his HQ ute (ouch!!!). The Poo Mobile suffered what only seemed like minimal damage but the bumper, boot lid, and rear beaver were rooted. Boot lid will be new secondhand (thanks Ziggy), bumper is a secondhand rechromed unit from Slim FC parts Inc. and the beaver was repaired.

Getting close now, but at the point where I am relying on other people to get parts ready in time. Fit up should only take a couple of days but the chromers are mucking me round which worries me HEAPS. Fingers crossed for a pre Nats finish, but backup plan is a visit to Slim to get some S/H replacement chrome.

More updates towards the start of next week.

Cheers,

Craig.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: