FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 18, 2024, 09:59:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC's for Sale  (Read 12903 times)
indy

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: December 15, 2005, 02:18:02 AM »

Hi everyone,

Although it looks like I am new to the board I have been lurking for some time.  Anyway, I have 2 FC's for sale that unfortunately I am not going have the time or money to spend on.  Both cars are complete with one running (just). Both will need restoration but my intention was to make 1 car out of the 2. One has a 186 (not running) but I also have a rebuilt 138 for it. The other car is running but could probably do with a good going over anyway.

The better of the 2 (the blue and silver FC) is build number 85 (Plate says FC225 85 S). While I am sure I could get a lot more by stripping and selling as parts I would prefer to sell both together.  I have plenty of other photo's of the cars for those who are interested. They are located in Canberra (and have actually been garaged since I have owned them).  I am not real sure of the value but I would be happy to get around $2,500. All the parts are inside the cars and I also have a HR front end as well

For those that want more information my e-mail address is cdevries@hotmail.com or cdevries@optusnet.com.au

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2005, 10:50:03 AM »

Indy, would you be able to post details of the ID plates and chassis numbers of both cars?

Especially the details of the 85 car

thanks Ken
indy

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2005, 10:21:41 PM »

Hi Ken,

See attached images.  The first one is the blue and silver car and the second one is the  lovely undercoat brown car.

20.4_seconds

The ox is slow, but the earth is patient!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2005, 01:19:22 AM »

Shocked That is one early build  Shocked
Thanks for the pics Indy

Nick

All I  want for Christmas is a Smiths clock bracket and knurled knobs
FB_MAD

I can't think what to write here so this will do.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2005, 06:18:25 AM »

Probably first day of production???

Has anybody seen my red pen??
NES304
Guru

Model: FC

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2005, 12:33:27 AM »

where you from mate

FC-V8

Model: FC

Not enough hours in the day

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2005, 12:40:50 AM »

Nes
     The cars are in Canberra.

What it to rev ? install a CHEV !
0401-065-201
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2005, 08:57:55 AM »

Thanks for that, would it be possible to get the chassis number from the 85 car.  I would really appreciate it please
VERY rare to find early number cars still in existence

Regards   Ken
indy

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2005, 11:31:37 PM »

Hi again everyone,

Here are the chassis numbers of both vehicles in case you anoot read them they are:

Brown car: FC 666768
Blue/Silver:  8-1085-S

Cheers

Carl
(aka indy)
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2005, 02:07:17 AM »

Interesting.  Since the first chassis number was 1001 (not 1), that means that at least the first 85 cars off the line in Sydney were all Special Sedans.

I'd estimate this car would be from the first or second day of production.  (Average manufacture across entire FC production was a shade over 100 cars/day/factory.)

That second chassis number almost certainly finishes with an "S", rather than 8.  Ironically that makes this car one of the very last FCs built.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
indy

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2005, 05:05:11 AM »

I'll double check but I am sure it is "8" and not "S".  I have been wrong once before  Wink. Either way, it sounds like I may have something unique in having one of the first and one of the last.  The other thing I need to mention is that the brown car has (apparently) had the brakes updated to an EH (pretty funny when you think about it - UPDATED to an EH).  While I am not sure if they are EH they have certainly been fixed up and one of my mates who knows a thing or two about old holdens says they are definantely not FC.  

If anyone is interested then contact me on the above mentioned e-mails. I have also attached a photo of the renuil 138 that I mentioned in my first post (I should have taken the other side as it has a chrome cover plate but it was a bit much to move on my own). For any other pics let me know.

Cheers

Carl

indy

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2005, 07:35:41 AM »

Hi RET,

You obviously know your numbers better than me. Just went out and had a look and indeed it ends with an S not an 8. Damn, I guess this is the second time I have been wrong. Don't tell my wife though. Grin

Now, who wants to buy them?

Cheers

Carl
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2005, 07:50:07 AM »

Richard, yes very interesting, that's why I was keen to get the chassis no.
As you say Sydney production built only FC special sedans early on whilst Melbourne apparently made all the variations.
Here is an early Melbourne car on my records
FC-225-110-M
8-1180-M
In the first 180 Melbourne cars, only 110 were special sedans!

Ken
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2005, 11:03:26 AM »

I was thinking more about this and came to the conclusion that the early special & standard wagons and vans were probably built in Adelaide along with special sedans, whilst the early standard and business sedans and utes were probably built in Melbourne along with special sedans.
Later on, once production was settled, then all the plants start producing all the model variations that they are able to build.

Ken
Burnsy

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2005, 12:06:19 PM »

Those two chassis numbers look to be stamped differently, the one on the grey car that has the early build plate almost looks to be engraved.  Could it be that it has had a replacement front end at some stage from a crash and they have engraved a later type chassis numer on it?  

Is there any record of chassis stamping techniques?

Mike
TorqueFC
Guru

Modified?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2005, 12:09:16 PM »

maybe they were experimenting with stamping techinques as they went along with production?

tests have proven that the final words before a fatal urban car crash are "OH ****"

in a rural car crash they are " Hold my stubby and watch this for skill!"
Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2005, 08:04:36 PM »

I wondered about the different stamping too. Is it possible that the first batch off the line might have been hand built pilot cars?

John Huh

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
indy

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2005, 11:16:10 PM »

Wow, who would have thought that the old girl in my garage could cause so much discussion. All I want to do is sell it (them).

Burnsy, in terms of a replacement front end as far as I know the answer is no.  It has had an accident but I'll explain it to you.  This is the history of the car as it was told to me.

It was originally bought by a farmer in outback QLD (not sure of the town).  It was the pride and joy of the guy who bought it.  One day while checking fences on his property he left the car in neutral, unfortunately it rolled forward and trapped him against the post. After he did not return late at night his wife got worried and went to the neighbours looking for him.  They eventually found him trapped against the car and pole later the next day.

He was alive when they moved the car but not long after that he died. This was due to septicaemia (bad blood).  Although the car killed him his wife knew what it meant to him so she kept it in the garage. A number of years later (not sure of timeframes here) she died and the car was given to their grandson.

He got it back on the road and used it for a few years. He also had a few sons that were dying to get their hands on it but were constantly fighting each other as to who would get it. He got sick of it and sold the car to his mate as he needed a reliable car to get to and from work (he was an apprentice chef).

He had the car a number of years as well and had it in original condition (which he even admitted is how he should have left it). He then put a 186 in it for the extra grunt and had the 138 rebuilt (just in case).  He then thought it might be a good idea to start a rebuild on it.  He rewired the car, painted it (in blue and silver) and then just stopped.

It was then garaged for about 2 years before I bought it.  Ever since I have owned it it has been in the garage and out of the weather.  The car is dead straight and as far as I can tell has not been in any accidents except for the poor unfortunate farmer.  The only dent on the car is in the front grill as a result of that accident.  You can hardly notice it but has been there to apparently remind people of the story (If you look at the photo the dent is in the middle cross peice on the bottom row).

Now, how true this story is, I'm not sure especially the bloke dying but that is what was told to me about the history of the blue / silver car.  When we got the car my wife and I originally called it "Christine" but decided against that real quick just in case.  In terms of the other car, I would not have a clue except to say I do not think it has had as colourful life as that but then again if only cars could talk!!

Here is a few pics of the inside of the car to give you an idea of how far the guy got with the rebuild.  The only thing it needs is carpet and a roof lining for the interior.  The seats themselves are in great condition as well as the door panels. The only problem is that they are a bit dusty. Enjoy.

Carl

SRVLIVES

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2005, 04:41:06 AM »

Why hasn't somebody bought these cars?............

Shayne
qld-club

Model: FE and FC

Just Cruisin'

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2005, 04:49:42 AM »

What use is a question like that??  Why haven't YOU bought them?? Huh

Old Holdens Never Die Because Fools Like Me Keep Them Going
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode)