FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:52:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC Another Tassie car  (Read 172474 times)
ekute

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 14, 2013, 07:40:19 PM »

Nick,

Have done the same repairs but not as extensive, great job, keep it up!
NickZ

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 20, 2013, 05:59:29 PM »

not much done today.
ill have a month of grinding.

Maco
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 20, 2013, 08:59:18 PM »

Nick,

Nice work, I have the Rubbers that fit between the body & the bumper available, if you require them.

Cheers
John

Better in Green
fe350chev
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 20, 2013, 09:43:52 PM »

Well done NIck. Were u born in Tassie.

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
NickZ

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 01, 2013, 06:19:18 PM »

Yes i was born in tassie.

I finished all the underneath but forgot to take a picture of it painted in sound deadener but im sure we have all seen one before.

got the rear springs, diff and brakes all done.
measured my track with some mag wheels i had lying around and the track it 1390mm, 6mm over, but ill try some other wheels later. Will 6mm even matter?

hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 02, 2013, 08:09:06 AM »

Great work mate. How much clearance is there between the bracket on the backing plate where the flexible line meets the steel line and the subframe and  the inner guard up near the bump stop. I'm just wondering because I've had to relocate that bracket onto the housing on a few conversions where the rear end has been over shortened. Anyway keep up the good work . 
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 02, 2013, 09:40:17 AM »

Great work mate. How much clearance is there between the bracket on the backing plate where the flexible line meets the steel line and the subframe and  the inner guard up near the bump stop. I'm just wondering because I've had to relocate that bracket onto the housing on a few conversions where the rear end has been over shortened. Anyway keep up the good work . 

I have also had to move the flexible  brake line bracket to a lower position on all of the conversions I have done .with the Commodore rear end .....FC427.......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 02, 2013, 09:52:04 AM »

@hsv-001 You seem to have done that a few times now (asked that is). Don't recall FCRB26 having a problem and I sure didn't

FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 02, 2013, 11:46:08 AM »

My Ute doesnt hit.

My sedan which is heavilly moded needed the rear calliper mount rotated down 20 degrees

hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 02, 2013, 03:31:01 PM »

Mate could you explain it to NES304 as I'm not enjoying it anymore. Wayne's rear axle was too short[Old Mt Isa boy] From memory I think he told me he got the measurement off this forum [maybe it was the measurement for a drum brake rear end]. When I installed it there was no handbrake brackets on it. Whoever shortened it removed them, also  being that short the distance between the brake line mounting brackets was less than between the inner wheel arches [tubs] and I have seen so many of these axle conversions over the past 20 years and its not a problem till you are carrying a load and don't see the speed bump. So I'm sorry its getting repetitive but if you are not experienced at these mods find someone with a car or cars that have these mods and have been driven[for decades if possible] then copy theirs. Incidental this is probably why the crewman mounts the handbrake cable on the leaf spring[to allow for a maximum size wheel by keeping the axle short] they might have used a different offset or provided for a larger than  standard rim. Anyway I'll leave it alone from now on. 
NickZ

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 02, 2013, 08:20:16 PM »

I shortened my diff 50mm each side, i went for standard track with standard commodore 15'' wheels 1384mm (currently at 1390 with mag wheels).
I have 15mm clearance for both flexible hose and bracket , its something i didn't think of untill now, but there is no issue, it clears.
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 02, 2013, 09:43:01 PM »

Mate could you explain it to NES304 as I'm not enjoying it anymore.

HSV001 - Hey mate I wasn't having a go just wondered why you asked on two different threads?

I shortened my diff 50mm each side,
Did mine 67mm both sides

they might have used a different offset or provided for a larger than  standard rim. Anyway I'll leave it alone from now on. 
As far as I am aware my crewman has the same offset as a sedan

NickZ

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 02, 2013, 10:55:53 PM »

well that would be the reason yours is fouling, my 50mm + the 15mm gap = 65mm so your 67mm would hit. So what is your total track measured to the centre of both tires, it should be 1384mm
You must have wanted to run some large offset wheels?
fink

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 02, 2013, 11:37:23 PM »

If you get desperate,iv'e got a few HP mtrs here,i can drop one off at the SAT,it's just down the road from me,Gaz! Cool
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 03, 2013, 12:37:52 AM »

well that would be the reason yours is fouling, my 50mm + the 15mm gap = 65mm so your 67mm would hit. So what is your total track measured to the centre of both tires, it should be 1384mm
You must have wanted to run some large offset wheels?
Hey Nick what I have been trying to say is ... It's NOT fowling. Yeah I have different offset rims so track width is completely different and would be for other sets of rims not standard commodore
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 12:50:04 AM by NES304 » Logged

NickZ

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 10, 2013, 06:33:59 PM »

Got some primer on the front end and firewall today, i hope to get colour on by saturday.
then i can start to put all the mechanicals in.

hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 10, 2013, 07:32:31 PM »

Great progress but still concerned about your rear axle. If those are the original bump stops and they are in the original positions then they will serve no purpose as the fc fe axle has brackets in front of the housing that they bottom on. If you cant get a set that mount under the 'u' bolts [hr or torana] have a look at what Wayne [old mt Isa boy ] did with hq bump stops. Keep up the good work , I'm watching with interest. Cheers. 
NickZ

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 10, 2013, 07:40:20 PM »

i didn't know about the bump stops, ill look into it.
NickZ

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 11, 2013, 05:59:03 PM »

I got some colour on today, Im very happy how it went on. Now just have to block back a couple of runs and put a few coats of clear.

NickZ

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 12, 2013, 07:19:58 PM »

finished painting for now.

ill put the engine in this week.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: