FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 08:55:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Victoria V8 laws  (Read 47852 times)
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2011, 08:34:03 PM »

Not at all Keith your knowledge and research abilities are valued and much appreciated Wink

Your right in what you are saying and this is just anther example of what I was trying to point out with my little rant, the fact you can legally install an engine with an unmodified power potential such as the SR or RB
yet you cannot turbo or supercharge a 186 Huh Huh
And re the bike comment, I've got nothing against our two wheeled brothers I just find it crazy that 99% of the hogs getting around ridden by non patch wearing or club affiliated riders would blow a db meter to pieces. These quite happily rumble past Joe blow officer booking mr public for a minor traffic infringement where one of us car modifiers would be pulled over in a heartbeat, have the car gone over with a fine tooth comb and leave with a canary if we were lucky.
The laws have got to change......

So Keith dont build a bridge and get over it

Build a bridgeport and get into it Grin

Dean

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2011, 10:46:22 PM »

I just cannot see how an engine that produces this much power can be legal, yet a V8 that is a little larger in Cubic capacity than allowable, yet nowhere near half the horsepower, has to be registered as an Individually Constructed Vehicle.

That's because you are not a Politician or a Bureaucrat Tongue

Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2011, 08:37:42 AM »

nice research there Keith.. enough to give me lots of ideas!

so I guess we'll be seeing some FEs or FC's at the drift track in the future?

Smithy,
About 10 years ago in NSW, they had a scheme to try get all loud bikes off the roads.  The NSW Police exploited a trivial part of the law which required all motorcycle pipes to be labelled with dB output.  Subsequently many riders, myself included got defected in a campaign targeting bikes.  The simple way to get around this was to stick a label on your pipe which stated the dB conformed to 96dB or simply change your pipes to clear the defect.  Every rider has a spare set of legal pipes  Tongue

Not sure why you think motorcycles don't get much cop attention... after riding sportsbikes for a years, I decided to change my style of bike.  Too much attention from the cops!

Did you know it was mandatory in NSW for all bicycles to have a bell??

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
ratbox

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2011, 12:16:23 PM »

it's just gunna make people do like the good ol' days Wink i have a mate who's 253 (cause that's all he was allowed) strangely looks like a 6 litre with a huge turbo hangin' off it

you could still do the external destroke on a 5 litre Wink

there's still plenty of people that will let there pride get in the way of fitting a jap engine into there holden me being one of 'em, a red 6 or 253 will go ok not as good as a jap thing but i won't be ashamed to open the bonnet Grin
FCwagon
vic-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2011, 01:56:36 PM »

and those rice burners don't sound anywhere as nice

Red & white is alright
weddo
tas-club

HIS, HER's & OUR's

billnjudiwedd@gmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2011, 01:57:20 PM »

FChoon and Josh,
Many years ago Judi and I gave our eldest son an 808 that formally belonged to his grandmother. Within 12 months it also ran a turbo charged 20B with 9 inch diff and big gearbox, but still had the scone cutter original wheels.
I also nearly crapped myself when it wasn't going any where and I was in 4th gear and it then took off !!!! It was scary, most unbeliveable power to weight ratio I have experienced. If only his grandmother new Shocked

Regards
Weddo

PS his name was Josh also.
Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2011, 03:26:35 PM »

there's still plenty of people that will let there pride get in the way of fitting a jap engine into there holden me being one of 'em, a red 6 or 253 will go ok not as good as a jap thing but i won't be ashamed to open the bonnet Grin

Even one of these, Ratbox?

Cover up the 'Toyota' badges and it'd look great.  Cool

Rotaries... I hear you, Weddo.  Wink
Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2011, 04:17:12 PM »

You're a hoon Weddo  Cool

Ratbox.. you haven't gone all purist on us now have you?? Shocked

in the shed
Revhead_Fc
nsw-club

just put a chev in it

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2011, 07:46:54 PM »

Does anyone know if and when NSW might change there laws to match those of Victoria's as I'm half way thru putting a chev in my sedan and dont want to be all for nothing
Ben
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2011, 09:09:38 PM »

Does anyone know if and when NSW might change there laws to match those of Victoria's as I'm half way thru putting a chev in my sedan and dont want to be all for nothing
Ben

Ben,

I know this much: The Vehicle Standards Bulletin 14 (VSB 14) has been changed. There is a National Code of Practice for Light Vehicle Construction and Modification (NCOP). It is up to each state and territory to to elect to follow the NCOP. This is set by the federal government (Dept of Infrastructure and Transport) formerly DOTAR

The NCOP reflecting changes to engines and what engines are allowable came into effect Jan 1 2011. It has been adopted by the ACT and Victoria already. I do not know what other states have taken up the NCOP

It is almost certain that the laws will change, when is another matter and you will need to contact your registering body or a certified engineer in your state to find out when these changes will come into effect.

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
ratbox

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2011, 11:02:42 AM »

yes Ol_Girl_58 even one of those even with toyota covered up i'de still know, it would be at the bottom of the list of what i wouldn't use though as it is atleast a V8 Grin

You're a hoon Weddo  Cool

Ratbox.. you haven't gone all purist on us now have you?? Shocked

nup it's just wrong as far as i'm concerned Wink

and i'm not saying they are shit or slow, just that there should be a law banning the fitting of a jap engine in an aussie car Wink Grin

sorta back to the topic wonder what justifies the govts to do stuff like this, it's not like there are many serious accidents involving modified cars, i'de really love to see statistics ratio of modded cars involved in accidents compared with stock cars, and then broken down further to show where the mod was actually the cause of the accident

there are suposed to be changes coming to NSW, haven't read it but one of the scarey things i did see being disscussed was instead of capicity being what they look at they'll be looking a HP, where now if you have a 138 grey you can fit a 149 because it's under a 15% capicity increase with the new rules you wouldn't because although the capacity isn't much the HP is huge even the HP differance is huge from a 138 grey to a 138 red, the way we read it you would need an engineers report even for a modified grey as it would push it over the HP limit

« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 11:15:18 AM by ratbox » Logged
weddo
tas-club

HIS, HER's & OUR's

billnjudiwedd@gmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2011, 11:36:14 AM »

A bit off topic, but have a look at this video, same toyota V8 shoe horned into a little Corolla and driven by a 17yr old at Symmonds Plains last week end This was the last part of his third lap after shredding the tyres.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/j98vQN33uvw

I hope it works I don't know how to imbed the video

regards

Weddo
JB
qld-club
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2011, 12:19:05 PM »

You are starting to scare me boys!!!

Phone +64 223509263
ratbox

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2011, 01:01:10 PM »

You are starting to scare me boys!!!

yor dealing with an engineer already aren't you ? if this is the case i think you get some leeway as it was started and well underway prior to the changes, if not go find one ASAP

but still rather than listening to stuff on the interweb i'de still be speaking with an engineer as he is the only person that has to be kept happy
FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2011, 08:16:47 PM »

I need to find that book with the HQ with the factory rotary fitted as a prototype

seems to have been  forgotton maybe for good reason was only a 12A and mazda and holden doesnt sound right.

But then again im mixing nissan and holden.. Cheesy

ratbox

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2011, 08:46:43 PM »

I need to find that book with the HQ with the factory rotary fitted as a prototype

seems to have been  forgotton maybe for good reason was only a 12A and mazda and holden doesnt sound right.

But then again im mixing nissan and holden.. Cheesy

i've seen them weren't they HJ's ? think i remember they were guttless wrecks and chewed fuel to part of the secret with rotaries is power to weight

SSHHHH don't tell any body but we recently bought a nissan x trail with a 2.5 litre 4 cylinder it weighs 1500kg i've had it to 145kmh quite easily and it gets about 8-8.5 litres per 100k's, for a fleeting moment i thought how good would one of these be in my EK atleast 400 kg lighter and possably more aero dynamic and cause of the capacity of the engine shouldn't even need engineers, but couldn't figure how to do maintanance once i'de welded the bonnet closed so nobody could see what i'de done Cheesy Grin
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 08:59:34 PM by ratbox » Logged
FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2011, 06:16:54 AM »

never really looked at the book that hard but they probably were hj,s.

I have thought a lot of conversions but at the end of the day the rb26 looks like a engine thats meant to be there.

FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2011, 08:35:21 AM »

never really looked at the book that hard but they probably were hj,s.

I have thought a lot of conversions but at the end of the day the rb26 looks like a engine thats meant to be there.

Hoon Hoon Hoon that RB engine will never look like it's meant to be in that bay  Huh Huh Shocked Shocked Great engine but not for me in an FE FC ....But each to there own .....FC427....

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2011, 05:18:25 PM »

gee that corolla goes well!

hmm did i say that??

the rotary powered Holden was a Mazda Roadpacer I think.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2011, 06:15:57 PM »

im thinking ratbox and 427 are starting to pick on me.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: