FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 11:38:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Victoria V8 laws  (Read 47858 times)
fe350chev
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2011, 08:36:39 PM »

Was talking to engineer today. rb30 turbo out of question now. stuffed up my plans. vic has adopted that 14 clause shite.

the engineer said he recently passed a 5ltr fc ute but now he said he cannot do anything more than a 253 holden, lexus quad cam naturally aspirated 4ltr v8 etc. He said he thinks its all shite cos u can get a hyped up 2 litre rb26 that will shit all over a larger v8 but the power comes in quick and harsh whereas a 5 litre v8 is much more manageable in the wet especially.

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2011, 10:00:03 AM »

Spoke to a third engineer today, he does a lot of hotrods etc and he confirmed what I have said above in regard to capacities to have a legal conversion. Imagine how much kit hotrods will cos now, they have to be fully ADR compliant in line with a new car now! That will push the price of existing ones through the roof.

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2011, 11:11:21 AM »

Spoke to a third engineer today, he does a lot of hotrods etc and he confirmed what I have said above in regard to capacities to have a legal conversion. Imagine how much kit hotrods will cos now, they have to be fully ADR compliant in line with a new car now! That will push the price of existing ones through the roof.
Full rego Hot Rods  should climb nicely $$$$  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  street rod rego pre 1948 should be OK Grin Kit cars are the ones that are in real trouble with the new laws ........FC427........

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2011, 12:46:53 PM »

shit yeah

Deano

simins
vic-club

Our Toys

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2011, 07:21:53 PM »

Been given go ahead to keep building my 350 chev powered FC sedan by my engineer in victoria YEHAH
                 Simon Addison
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2011, 08:26:31 PM »

Been given go ahead to keep building my 350 chev powered FC sedan by my engineer in victoria YEHAH
                 Simon Addison

where's the "Like" button?  Grin

jack_fc

SouthWest Coast, Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2011, 08:58:56 PM »

Simon Addison

thats bloody good news, Simon  Smiley Smiley

looking forward to this one...   Smiley Smiley

(but I sorta hope it wont be based on your FE/FC black one - that car has real character as it is... Smiley )

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
simins
vic-club

Our Toys

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2011, 10:09:12 PM »

no jack the v8 FC is my first fc the  black FE was built as a car to have on the road while still building V8 car and wifes FC wagon blah blah .The black FE will stay pretty much the same for now  although it might get painted and cleaned up one day as i do have the paint for it
jack_fc

SouthWest Coast, Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2011, 08:45:00 AM »

it might get painted and cleaned up one day as i do have the paint for it

well I hope that day is a long way off; it's one of my favourites just as it is...  Smiley

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
simins
vic-club

Our Toys

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2011, 11:40:35 AM »

thanks jack looking forward to seeing yours at the state titles after all the work youve had to put back into it
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: