FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:38:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 60   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FCRB30 Wagon  (Read 660614 times)
Old_Mt_Isa_Boy
qld-club

Model: FC

My Ute

View Profile
« Reply #840 on: May 10, 2013, 07:27:00 PM »

The red and black looks great mate.

Its only about 28 sleeps  Grin

Regards

Wayne b
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #841 on: May 13, 2013, 10:40:16 AM »

Pedro
Heres the new nutserts into 4mm the grip range is 4 to 7mm notice they are knurled.
Will shoot em off.

Pete

pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #842 on: May 13, 2013, 01:03:09 PM »

Thanks Pete they look great, heaps better than my effort with the shorter ones,

Spun ally bullet centres (instead of the stock centre caps) and chrome bullet nuts might suit the wagon?
Sounds interesting Jack i'll have to look into it when i get to that stage I'd rather have some wheels like Pete's but somehow i don't think they would fit (the wagon or my finances), I'm still having enough trouble deciding on the dash colour scheme at the moment, black dash with red glove box and instrument panel, red dash with black glove box and instrument panel, red dash with chrome glove box and instrument panel, top of the dashboard same as the bottom or satin black, I'm a bit concerned about glare off the top has anyone who has painted their top section in colour and shiny had much trouble with it,

Its only about 28 sleeps

Only 28 Shocked, it's probably a bit silly really because I've waited all this time but now i'm getting excited and can't wait Roll Eyes Cheesy Cheesy

Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
FCV08

FE FC Club of QLD

View Profile
« Reply #843 on: May 13, 2013, 07:27:54 PM »

Pedro

Mine is coloured and shiny. Yes there is glare but nothing too bad

Cheers Craig
JB
Guru

Model: FE

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #844 on: May 13, 2013, 08:17:00 PM »

Painted the van the same colour... Looked great... Going the same with the ute.

Cheers
JB

Phone +64 223509263
jack_fc

SouthWest Coast, Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #845 on: May 13, 2013, 08:20:07 PM »

Pedro, maybe it depends on what colour(s) you've got planned for above the door trims?

And the rest of the interior?

I've got shiny mid/dark blue on the top of my dash - the reflections are only a minor annoyance on the odd occasion. Go shiny I reckon...

And no doubt you've considered all shiny black? (if not, you better have a good reason why not - I can think of someone else who may be keen on that option  Wink)

cheers, jack

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #846 on: May 14, 2013, 10:06:01 AM »

Thanks for the input guys looks like it's going to be shiny, still might do it black on top though for a bit of contrast or there will be too much red.

And the rest of the interior?

Any colour but grey hey Jack Wink

And no doubt you've considered all shiny black? (if not, you better have a good reason why not - I can think of someone else who may be keen on that option

Ummm, Ahhh, THANKS MATE Shocked, breaks into cold sweat, how can i put this without offending anyone, while i do like all black cars it's not what i'm aiming for with my build after all haven't we all said on here many times that we all have different tastes and it would be a boring old world if we all did the same thing, whether it be standard or custom or black or white, how's that do you think that will get me out of trouble with all the black car owners out there (and a certain one in particular) Wink Grin Grin
              Pedro

F4+
jack_fc

SouthWest Coast, Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #847 on: May 14, 2013, 10:33:48 AM »

Yep, Pedro; that should keep you out of trouble  Wink Smiley

but I was only referring to an all-black dash, and even then it would depend on the rest of the interior paint and seat/doortrim/carpet colours...

Red dash with black dashtop sounds though  Cool

And you're still not telling us what your thoughts are for the rest of the interior - I'm thinking that this might have a big impact on the dash colour selection...

cheers, jack

ps   if there's any GREY inside at all, Stinky will shoot you; and if his aim is poor, I'll finish the job!  Wink Grin

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #848 on: May 14, 2013, 10:56:22 AM »

ps   if there's any GREY inside at all, Stinky will shoot you; and if his aim is poor, I'll finish the job!

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin How about an all grey interior, do you think that would push him over the edge Wink

The plan for the interior is to reupholster everything in the original black and red theme, my aim is to have the old girl looking as original as possible the only things that will give it away will be the buckets, console and wheels, I'm going to have to just run seat covers and do the door cards myself for now though, by the time i pay for paint, chrome and all the other bits and pieces that still need to sorted i'll be spending around $10.000 in the next few weeks anyway so upholstery will have to wait.
            Pedro

F4+
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #849 on: May 14, 2013, 01:30:40 PM »

my aim is to have the old girl looking as original as possible the only things that will give it away will be the wheels,

Thats my plan...

NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #850 on: May 14, 2013, 10:33:00 PM »

Ummm, Ahhh, THANKS MATE Shocked, breaks into cold sweat, how can i put this without offending anyone, while i do like all black cars it's not what i'm aiming for with my build after all haven't we all said on here many times that we all have different tastes and it would be a boring old world if we all did the same thing, whether it be standard or custom or black or white, how's that do you think that will get me out of trouble with all the black car owners out there (and a certain one in particular) Wink Grin Grin
              Pedro

Reasonably well said Pedro - I would have been inclined to say "it gets a little boring and, unfortunately, sometimes embarrassing when one attempts to replicate the ultimate in good taste only to fail".

I think it's extremely admirable of you to recognise and admit your shortcomings so as not to embarrass yourself further.  Kiss Kiss Kiss

NosFEratu
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #851 on: May 15, 2013, 09:46:12 AM »

Thats my plan...

Sounds like a good plan to me NES, personally i like FE/FC's as they were built I'm just not too fond of the old mechanicals, pity GMH didn't do a V8 option like they did with other models.
   Pedro

F4+
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #852 on: May 15, 2013, 09:55:52 AM »

Reasonably well said Pedro - I would have been inclined to say "it gets a little boring and, unfortunately, sometimes embarrassing when one attempts to replicate the ultimate in good taste only to fail".

I think it's extremely admirable of you to recognise and admit your shortcomings so as not to embarrass yourself further.

Remind me not to get into a debate with you Kathi you have a certain way with words Shocked Shocked, all i can say is are you talking from experience Tongue Tongue Grin Grin
           Pedro

P.S. It's going to be partly black don't i get any pudding points for that Wink

F4+
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #853 on: May 15, 2013, 01:15:12 PM »

Sounds like a good plan to me NES, personally i like FE/FC's as they were built I'm just not too fond of the old mechanicals, pity GMH didn't do a V8 option like they did with other models.
   Pedro

Wouldn't it have been nice

fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #854 on: May 15, 2013, 04:34:34 PM »

Pedro, don't say the word "spend", say "money i will be investing". Sort of sounds less heartbreaking for everyone reading  Cry Cry Cry

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
FCV08

FE FC Club of QLD

View Profile
« Reply #855 on: May 15, 2013, 10:11:13 PM »

Pedro

Would have been easier to fit a more model V8 later in their life if they came out with one as original  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Upholstery colours sound great. I'm with Jack, Red Dash Facsia and Black Top, shold look fantastic.

Can you PM you mobile number as I want to head down your way in a couple of weeks and would like to ctah up for a coffee or beer (your choice).

Cheers

Craig D

pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #856 on: May 16, 2013, 08:45:48 AM »

Pedro, don't say the word "spend", say "money i will be investing". Sort of sounds less heartbreaking for everyone reading

Actually with the way prices have gone lately old Holdens have become a good investment (if you can do most of the work yourself, still feels like throwing money into a bottomless pit though Wink Grin Grin

Yeah it would have made life a lot easier for us if they had been fitted with a V8 as a standard option because they would have had to fit a stronger front end, chassis, brakes etc., oh well can't have everything easy i suppose, i'll pm my ph. no. as for the beer or coffee i'm quite partial to both but it will depend on the time of day you get here, my day starts with tea/coffee and ends with beer or wine or rum Wink.
    Pedro

F4+
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #857 on: May 16, 2013, 01:21:48 PM »

Rivnuts arrived today thanks Pete Cool, i'll go over the panelbeaters first thing in the morning and give them a go.
              Pedro

F4+
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #858 on: May 17, 2013, 10:05:37 AM »

Doh, just realised i called them rivnuts again, Nutserts are done, borrowed a tool to do them with and it was so easy, once i had the holes drilled it only took about ten minutes to fit them, thanks again for sending them up Pete and thanks for the advice, nothing i can do on the body now it's all up to the painter, time to start painting all the bits i haven't done yet, assembling the grill and polishing trim etc.
      Pedro

F4+
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #859 on: May 17, 2013, 07:14:22 PM »

So where is the best place on a body to use your nuts? Any links would be appreciated. I can't remember the threads but remember i needed to get them for a reason  Embarrassed

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 60   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: