FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 18, 2024, 12:44:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 60   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FCRB30 Wagon  (Read 664001 times)
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #820 on: May 04, 2013, 04:33:19 PM »

Yeah like that ..

I have a real stumpy set up somewhere i used in my car the first time it was straight and very short.

Leave it with me i have a heap of alloy bends ill nock something up thru the week for ya..

Just gotta get NES,S stuff out the road first..
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 04:39:43 PM by FCRB26 » Logged

pedro
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #821 on: May 06, 2013, 11:31:37 AM »

Leave it with me i have a heap of alloy bends ill nock something up thru the week for ya..

Thanks Pete that would be great Cool, an alloy one sounds better than me making one out of steel and painting it, that way i'll be able to polish it up and make it all shiny Grin Grin, just got back from the sparky she's all finished but she wouldn't start, we didn't have the airflow meter in place just hooked up but the sparky said it should still run like that, there's a bit of a fuel leak on the hose from the pump so we are hoping there's just not enough pressure, the sparky thinks the injectors could have rusted shut because she has sat for three years, I'm not sure on that one as i've always had carbs. before, going to pick her up shortly so i'll find out once i can get her home and work through my way through the system to find the problem, then do the nutserts and take her to the paint shop tomorrow arvo.
     Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #822 on: May 06, 2013, 12:18:21 PM »

It should cough but hook airflow meter up and block off fuel return hose with vice grips as the fuel return valve may be open .
Make sure fuel going into the right hose hole may be arse about .
See if it has spark.

Pete

pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #823 on: May 06, 2013, 12:55:49 PM »

Thanks Pete i'll check those things out, I can't fit the air flow meter up without extending the wiring and there's not much point doing that if i'm going to run a shorter air intake, just waiting on my son in law to come round with his 4wd to tow the trailer, I don't think the old work van would pull it up our hill.
        Pedro

F4+
FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #824 on: May 06, 2013, 01:18:51 PM »

you can put the airflow meter straight into the intake at the throttle body and block that bigger air hose off.

pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #825 on: May 06, 2013, 05:31:23 PM »

Make sure fuel going into the right hose hole may be arse about .

Correct Pete you win the prize Grin, I had the hoses on the wrong way around Huh, had the old girl fired up this arvo, unfortunately i also discovered when i put water in the radiator nearly all the hoses to the manifold had perished from sitting for three years so i whipped the manifold off, it will give me a chance to do a bit of painting and polishing anyway while it's sitting in the paint shop, also the oil pressure light only dims when she's running so i checked and there was fresh oil in the tappet cover but it looked a bit milky, so i did an oil and filter change and when i checked the new filter had filled with oil so she's definitely pumping, the idiot light might work on a different amps or something but i'll get an oil pressure gauge before i run the engine again.
          Pedro

F4+
FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #826 on: May 06, 2013, 05:54:29 PM »

Yeah the oil light wont work mine didnt and id say the vl motor would be stuffed if you used a grey motor sender and the light actually came on.

put a guage in your under dash holster you got .

Do you want a short straight intake or one with a bend like stock ?

pete

pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #827 on: May 06, 2013, 08:56:11 PM »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I was thinking short and straight Pete, my only concern is the heat from the extractors affecting the airflow sensor and it sucking in hot air.
          Pedro

F4+
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #828 on: May 06, 2013, 08:59:31 PM »

That pic is actually a video but it doesn't show it, just click on the pic to make it work
         Pedro

F4+
FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #829 on: May 07, 2013, 06:01:03 AM »

Cool always makes you more enthusiastic when they run..

Ill had a look last night i used a bit of 3inch alloy and stepped it down in the bead roller as they are an odd size pipe. It will have a notch underneath to clear the rocker cover otherwise it will rubb on the rocker cover. so the airflow meter will start at the edge of the rocker cover out.
The only thing is i used a pod filter. looks a bit long maybe you need to run a mushroom type filter they are a lot stumpier.

will take a pic tonight.

Pete

pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #830 on: May 07, 2013, 02:47:51 PM »

Thought i had this pic on here but i can't seem to find it, this is the colour scheme i'm going with, if i remember correctly i think Alex photoshopped this for me.

And one i coloured myself

Pedro

F4+
NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #831 on: May 07, 2013, 04:56:53 PM »

I'm very impressed with how you managed to keep within the lines Pedro!  Tongue   Grin

NosFEratu
FCV08

FE FC Club of QLD

View Profile
« Reply #832 on: May 07, 2013, 08:35:03 PM »

Pedro

The scheme looks very smart.

Cheers
jack_fc

SouthWest Coast, Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #833 on: May 08, 2013, 08:57:03 AM »

Looks dangerously cool, Pedro!

(in a marine context, red and black combined indicate an 'isolated danger'...  Wink)

Waiting for pics of the real deal   Smiley

cheers, jack

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #834 on: May 08, 2013, 06:16:25 PM »

I'm very impressed with how you managed to keep within the lines Pedro!

Thanks it was hard work getting the mouse pointer in the right spot on the paint thingamajig  Roll Eyes Cheesy

Thanks guys i like it too (obviously) Roll Eyes might be a bit dangerous Jack the red makes them go faster remember Wink, and don't worry the pics will be up here about 5 minutes after i take them Grin Grin
         Pedro

F4+
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #835 on: May 09, 2013, 02:23:39 PM »

Well the wagon has gone to the paint shop at last, he reckons about three or four weeks.
             Pedro

F4+
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #836 on: May 09, 2013, 04:12:41 PM »

Great Pedro!

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
Gordon
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #837 on: May 10, 2013, 10:29:25 AM »

Hi Pedro the colour looks great ,What wheels and size tyres are you using ?
Gordon
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #838 on: May 10, 2013, 03:46:39 PM »

Yeah can't wait to see it in real life, it's going to be a two pack job so she'll be nice and shiny, I'm just running the pursuit rims for now Gordon, i'm trying to cut costs as much as i can at the moment plus i don't mind the look of them myself, a bit old school, some chrome dress rims and centres should fancy them up a bit, 7's on the rear and six's on the front to clear the HR steering arms, I've got 205's on them at the moment but i reckon i could get away with 225's on the rear, not sure about the front yet if they scrape i might have to go back to 195's.
   Pedro

F4+
jack_fc

SouthWest Coast, Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #839 on: May 10, 2013, 06:34:36 PM »

i don't mind the look of them myself, a bit old school, some chrome dress rims and centres should fancy them up a bit,    Pedro

me too, Pedro... I had 6 and 8" on my HK ute; the rims and stock plastic centre caps painted with 'aluminium' paint, chrome bullet nuts, wheel centres in satin black - cheap and looked real cool (to me anyhow  Roll Eyes)...

Spun ally bullet centres (instead of the stock centre caps) and chrome bullet nuts might suit the wagon?

or go completely left of centre and paint the rims/centres in matching red and black??

whichever way you go, it's gunna look the goods  Cool Cool Cool

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 60   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: