FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 20, 2024, 09:30:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 60   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FCRB30 Wagon  (Read 664484 times)
TTV6FC
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: May 14, 2010, 10:08:56 PM »

No greater achievement than quiting mate...(smoking that is) and your body will love you for it.Great progress on the wagon.Keep up the pics.Cheers,Jamie.

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: May 18, 2010, 08:57:18 AM »

Insert Quote
No greater achievement than quiting mate...(smoking that is) and your body will love you for it

Thanks Jamie, still haven't given in and I don't intend to as It's getting easier every day and I know if I give in I'll be right back to the start.

Stinky I've been thinking(dangerous I know Roll Eyes) but my title "El cheapo rebuild" was from a time when I was going to run a grey and do everything as cheap as possible, it really doesn't reflect the amount of time and money I am now putting into the old girl or the fact that the mechanicals are not standard anymore, if it's alright with you moderators could you please change it to "FCRB30 Wagon",
                        Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #482 on: May 18, 2010, 11:28:19 AM »

Pedro
I was was thinking the other day that your thread needs a name change, the only thing cheap left in your rebuild are the shots fired back and forth. You had better get back into it before Kathi catches you with the tools down.

Keep up the good work your car is looking great.

Cheers Jim

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: May 18, 2010, 11:56:19 AM »

You must be reading my mind Jim - I'd been thinking he'd been a bit slack lately! Wink 

Pedro's El Cheapo Rebuild - it used to sound so right!  Undecided  Your new thread name sounds like something out of Star Wars and you've recently quit smoking - are you going to change your forum name to "ChewBacca"  Grin Grin (well I thought it was funny!)

NosFEratu
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: May 18, 2010, 12:24:39 PM »

Good on you Pedro, the name is better suited to the build now any how, after all, when it is finished there must about half commodore and half FC.

I hope that there is a light at the end of the tunnel and it isn't the train coming the other way.

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #485 on: May 18, 2010, 12:34:12 PM »

Thanks Jim, I love the cheap shots though it makes life interesting, some people take life too seriously and as they say laughter is the best medicine.

better get back into it before Kathi catches you with the tools down.

Better than being caught with one in my hand Wink Cheesy Cheesy

Your new thread name sounds like something out of Star Wars and you've recently quit smoking - are you going to change your forum name to "ChewBacca"

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Should have known you'd come up with something to bag me about Kathi Roll Eyes, keep up the good work I love it Tongue Tongue

Thanks for changing the title Stinky Cool Cool
                    Pedro

F4+
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #486 on: May 18, 2010, 01:02:12 PM »

G'day Keith, yeah been thinking about it for a while and FCRB30 sounded better than FCommodore, how's your build going haven't seen any updates for a while, better watch out you'll be next on Kathi's hit list Wink

Check out this RB30 setup a mate just sent me, Drool, plenty of ideas and inspiration there, I haven't done too much dressing up of my engine though as I plan on getting it registered first and then dropping in a fully recoed turbo engine a bit further down the track.

Pedro

F4+
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #487 on: May 18, 2010, 08:03:58 PM »

G'day Keith, yeah been thinking about it for a while and FCRB30 sounded better than FCommodore, how's your build going haven't seen any updates for a while, better watch out you'll be next on Kathi's hit list Wink

Yeah good on you Pedro, dobbed me right in. Wink Here's me trying to fly under the radar and almost succeeding.... As soon as I saw your post I put a post up, just to avoid the Evil One's wrath. Shocked

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: May 19, 2010, 02:36:48 PM »

OK, booster problem solved, used a 41mm hole saw to cut a hole in the firewall and bracket so the plastic sleeve could fit through far enough, shortened the bracket and angled it enough so the master cylinder sits level, also had to shorten the push rod by 20mm, just need to tidy up the bracket and do some painting now and then I can mount it and finish the brake lines.

Pedro

F4+
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #489 on: May 19, 2010, 10:50:06 PM »

Nice work Pedro.By the way,what is the name of the silver you have used on your bonnet hinges?

EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: May 20, 2010, 01:20:02 AM »

Thanks again guys, yeah it would have been good to catch up with you all in Orange, maybe by the next Nats I'll be on the road Wink, the hinge paint is just a dulux full gloss enamel spray can(silver not chrome in a can Tongue Tongue Tongue), don't use the cheap spray cans they are crap you have to use three cans to get the same coverage and it will still look dodgy, thanks for the wiring pics Pete I'll blow it up a bit so I can see better, is that just the engine harness and is the battery and altenator wiring in there also I can't see any computer terminals Huh, any chance of a shot from directly above so i can see it all.(please)
                                       Pedro

Jamie,

I too asked that question, the answer is above.

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: May 20, 2010, 07:08:43 AM »

Yeah it's a nice silver it looks good against the red and gives good coverage, looks like I'm going to have stretch out the spring on an old hinge to get the inside properely, I'm dissapointed with the two pack though I thought it was supposed to be tough as old boots but it seems to chip at the slightest touch/bump(and I mean slight not a whack), I'm going to take the hinges back off mask everything else up and give it another coat to see if that helps.
                      Pedro

F4+
FCV08

FE FC Club of QLD

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: May 25, 2010, 08:28:53 PM »

Hey Pedro

What brake pedal setup have you used? I notice the acc. pedal setup is different to tn VN.

If it is no trouble could you take some photos of the setup under the dash?

Cheers

Craig
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #493 on: May 26, 2010, 10:49:53 AM »

Too easy Craig, always happy to help make it easier for others, I just used the standard setup with the larger Commodore pedal welded to it, luckily the pin is the same size on both, the only reason I had to shorten the booster bracket so much is to clear the intake manifold on the RB30 engine, with you running a V6 you should only have to tilt the bracket a bit to get the master cylinder level, maybe extend the push rod and drill a hole in the right spot on the pedal.

Pedro

F4+
DN2168
nsw-club

See you on the road Skag!!

dean.nommensen
View Profile WWW
« Reply #494 on: May 26, 2010, 12:20:32 PM »

ARRGG Shocked, MY PEDAL Grin Grin Grin
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #495 on: May 26, 2010, 12:53:57 PM »

Oops sorry about that Dean my finger slipped on the angle grinder, Honest Roll Eyes Grin Grin, I forgot to mention thanks to Dean for the brake pedal too Smiley Smiley, somehow my one must have gotten included in the grey motor parts I sold on e-bay because I couldn't find it anywhere, booster now on and it even fits Cool.

Pedro

F4+
FCV08

FE FC Club of QLD

View Profile
« Reply #496 on: May 26, 2010, 06:29:34 PM »

Thanks Pedro

Photos certainly give me a better idea.

I have a V8 to fit in so I might leave the booster until I fit the engine just to make sure that the booster will even fit.

Regards

Craig
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #497 on: May 26, 2010, 06:33:42 PM »

Nice work Pedro.Things are coming along nicely.Some neat fabrication work going on there. Cool

pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #498 on: June 11, 2010, 10:57:21 AM »

Not too much to report in this update, cleaned and painted a few bits ready for assembly

I was planning on getting back into the bogging this week but it's been freezing cold and miserable so I've been woking on door and guard alignment, It's amazing how much difference there is between doors, one door will fit the opening perfectly but is too rusty, the best rust free door I have stuck out so much at the top I had to weld a 5mm spacer plate to the bottom hinge to make it fit Huh

I know it's not FC related but I also started customising the frame on my bros. XS650 project

Pedro

F4+
Gary C
wa-club

View Profile
« Reply #499 on: June 11, 2010, 01:11:33 PM »

wont be long now Pedro and you will be firing it up,
there is an engine in my105 I think the same as yours check it out $16000  BIG HP
Gary C
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 60   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: