FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:13:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 60   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FCRB30 Wagon  (Read 660417 times)
NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #440 on: March 23, 2010, 05:36:00 PM »

Aaw, pretty colours Pedro!   Cheesy

I know how disappointed you must be that you can't get to Orange - but it's good to see you're still hard at work on your car.

Kathi  

NosFEratu
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #441 on: March 23, 2010, 06:54:13 PM »

thats a snack, at least they are still the right colours Grin Grin Grin

keep going mate you doing real well.

given the good old power to weight ratio this should scream, cant wait till you scare
the crap out of a couple of ricers Grin Grin Grin Grin

sooner or later we will all have a get together Grin Grin Wink

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #442 on: March 23, 2010, 07:00:07 PM »

Pedro,

I hate sorting out wiring messes like that, good luck with it. I hope that you are able to sort it out without too much grief.

I like the colour of your bonnet hinge, what was the silver paint that you used for that

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #443 on: March 23, 2010, 07:10:07 PM »

i put the rb30 in as a bloke from tafe blew me away with a stock eh
then i got beaten by a rotor non turbo 13B
so i dont know whats after the 26?

ill take some pics of my old wiring tommorow dont scare yourself with all that spagetti its very basic
you throw half that away;
you running manual or auto

Gary C
wa-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #444 on: March 23, 2010, 09:06:34 PM »

Pedro, those hinges are beautifull mate , top job.
Gary C
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #445 on: March 23, 2010, 09:38:20 PM »

thats not chrome in a can like mine is it pedro Grin Grin Grin Grin

seriously looking great mate. Wink

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #446 on: March 24, 2010, 08:01:18 AM »

If you get stuck i could probably write the pins down or post it and lend it to you for a while?

If you are running an auto you either need a signal unit from ROD SHOP to get the signal for the overdrive in the jatco 4SP My gauge cluster is actually all VL behind it running the FC facia so im off the clock at 110KM
but i did not need the signal after all the headaches as i was running a manual?

pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #447 on: March 24, 2010, 01:48:42 PM »

Thanks again guys, yeah it would have been good to catch up with you all in Orange, maybe by the next Nats I'll be on the road Wink, the hinge paint is just a dulux full gloss enamel spray can(silver not chrome in a can Tongue Tongue Tongue), don't use the cheap spray cans they are crap you have to use three cans to get the same coverage and it will still look dodgy, thanks for the wiring pics Pete I'll blow it up a bit so I can see better, is that just the engine harness and is the battery and altenator wiring in there also I can't see any computer terminals Huh, any chance of a shot from directly above so i can see it all.(please)
                                       Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
DN2168
nsw-club

See you on the road Skag!!

dean.nommensen
View Profile WWW
« Reply #448 on: March 24, 2010, 03:29:58 PM »

Powering along Pedro, you still have a week to go.

Dean.
FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #449 on: March 24, 2010, 04:24:46 PM »

forgot to take computer to work ill try get a better pic tommorow
yep thats the whole lot computer harness computer  terminals are on the left hand side you can see the 3 plugs everything is there no terminals as my battery is in the boot so power went straight onto the starter from the boot.
the 2 relays with the orange wires below where i said the the computer terminals were are the standard ones that you have with the big plug and all the orange wires i just cut all mine down to tidy it up they are your computer power relay and your fuel pump relay.
I still ran the big black bung as i ran all my wiring under the intake pleuneum then up through the tunnel in spiral wrap and through the side of the tunnel and all my computer went under the front seat.
You cannot see but over to the right is  some wires alt signal for your light, water signal, main power for key barrel off the starter, starter solenoid power wire, and like i said before speedo signal.

slack one

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: March 25, 2010, 04:55:22 PM »

hi all in regards to what fchoon said about the signal unit for over drive or the power switch i rang castle auto elec if you have a auto gear box the wiring set up will cost around 850 dollars you need also a speed sensor which regulates the fuel or car will run rich which will cost 250 dollars. if you run a manual gear box the wiring loom will cost 550 dollars and you will need the speed sensor as well.cheers gary.
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: March 25, 2010, 05:25:51 PM »

if you have a auto gear box the wiring set up will cost around 850 dollars

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked, $850 for a bit of wiring, I've got most of mine sorted I used a different technique, I got the manule and just cut out all the wires that weren't necessary first, in theory what is left will be what I need, it was all going well until I found some wires that are different colours to what is in the book Huh, I'm planning on running the engine and auto circuit from the c'dore and using the FC harness for everything else, I'ts just one of those jobs you have to keep plodding at until it falls into place though.
                             Pedro 

F4+
FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #452 on: March 25, 2010, 06:52:46 PM »

I thought i did not need the sensor it but it was always in there.
Ill Post pics of my Hybrid speedo when i rip it out.
Mine was Running stage 3 GTS cam so was fairly lumpy (For a nissan not red motor lumpy)
Also Pedro i have a stage 3 Chip for the computer never fitted you can have it if you want im guessing it will just richen it up the GTS cam and extractors make a huge difference on their own.

pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: March 26, 2010, 07:45:51 AM »

Getting it thinned down now

at least I won't need to buy any wire for a while Wink, I'm pretty sure mine had a cable operated speedo Pete because I remember it was just too big for the FC speedo and I was hoping I could find one with the right size end, I'll check a bit later, thanks for the offer of the chip, very decent of you but I think I'll leave it how it is supposed to be for now, less likely to get more problems that way and I think the old girl is going to go well enough as she is Grin Grin
                         Pedro 

F4+
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: March 26, 2010, 12:22:47 PM »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Finding it hard to wipe the smile off my face today Grin Grin Grin Grin, finally had two wins

Not only is it cable drive "IT FITS" Shocked Shocked, just need to make some sort of retainer, and the second win was scoring an EJ outrigger off e-bay for $19.99  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin.
                           Pedro

F4+
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: March 26, 2010, 12:53:27 PM »

Your on a roll Pedro ,how about jumping in the car next week and doing an overnighter to Orange Huh Huh Huh.. Just to wet your appetite  Grin Grin....FC427....

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #456 on: March 26, 2010, 04:46:47 PM »

I hate to crash your party pedro but your speedo is cable driven but needs these signal wires have a look at the VL cluster there are 5 wires coming of the top of the VL speedo these are the signal wires we are all going on about ill rip mine out tommorow and take some pics.

pete

TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: March 28, 2010, 08:22:38 PM »

Nice work Pedro.Regarding the retainer for the cable drive,see if you can find on old VB-VH cluster as I'm pretty sure they have a steel clip which clicks over the steel boss on the end of the cable.Might work. Wink

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: March 29, 2010, 08:01:42 AM »

Your on a roll Pedro ,how about jumping in the car next week and doing an overnighter to Orange   .. Just to wet your appetite   ....FC427....

Love to Mark but we didn't win gold lotto saturday night Wink Cheesy

I hate to crash your party pedro

You certainly know how to wipe the smile off a guys face Pete Sad, that would explain the wires I had left over that didn't go anywhere Huh, I mounted the engine computer under the seat and the auto one up behind the glove box and have most of the wiring in place but the wiring diagrams have too many bits where it just says "joins main harness" Huh and doesn't show the other end or joins up to totally different colours, I spoke to the local auto sparky a while ago and he said he could wire one of these in a couple of hours so I'm going to get him to do the rest when I'm ready, shouldn't cost too much nowhere near $850 anyway.

see if you can find on old VB-VH cluster as I'm pretty sure they have a steel clip which clicks over the steel boss on the end of the cable.Might work.

Sounds like a good idea, wish i hadn't gotten rid of those two VH's now there are a few bits I could have done with.
          Pedro

F4+
FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #459 on: March 29, 2010, 06:35:56 PM »

here we go pedro got 5 minutes to rip old one out this is what i did and the VL Facia holes line up with the original FC Facia ones (kinda)

Pete

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 60   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: