FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:10:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: quater panel badge  (Read 18131 times)
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2008, 07:36:08 PM »

jack, thanks mate
the keys will be available ( for a breif period of course) to all those who have supported me in one way or another and no bias will be placed on genitals or any other bodily part for that matter, im happy to share the joy.......just let me get the thing on the road first and then to Orange Wink Wink Cool Cool

now the badge, dont panic despite its appearance bubbles is going to be a driver and is not going to be a show car, more of a show car park car though i may be tempted once or twice.....i havent had the budget to get everything new or re-done so everyone dont look too close please Grin and is not built to fry tyres ( you hearing that Kathi Wink ) just a clean driver for me..

hence the name bubbles, sonnie my partner in crime named her after i sulked at her for calling it the melinium falcon it was old rough and in primer when bought "what a hunk of junk" were her exact words, straight out of star wars Cry Cry,  bubbles is sort of like an old burlesque dancer admired from afar but a little rough up close Grin Grin Grin

one of the main reasons for mags is the fact of available or lack there of suitable wheels in the commodore stud pattern, believe me i have dwelled over this swap and had a damn hard look around  (and inside) before i made this choice. & your not alone but i appreciate your comments Wink Wink Wink

Now you know I love purple!

&
I finish with my well used catch phrase - "Purple's nice!" 

so your coming back around Kathi. good to see Grin Grin

thanks all

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2008, 06:14:00 PM »

Hi Dean

The best car to have is one that gets driven.  I have been there done that and got the t-shirt (many t-shirts) with the whole show car scene.  It's great to have something that looks great driving down the road.

A tip for you (no-one else is allowed to read this bit)  Cheesy

Keep a good shine on it, get your paint looking like a mirror and people will not see its flaws as easily!

And that piece of advice comes to you from an ex-show car person that is also an ex-dancer (not burlesque by the way!) who maybe doesn't look that good up close anymore as well.  I always say, it's amazing what a good cut and polish can do (to me as well as my car!) Grin   

Kathi  Cool

NosFEratu
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2008, 08:59:34 PM »

Keep a good shine on it, get your paint looking like a mirror and people will not see its flaws as easily!

Don't tell ratbox that  Grin

Effie C

Model: other Holden

Still Lost & Confused

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2008, 09:55:47 PM »

Dean
Only just saw your request, if you need a shield I have a few other here. Hope Jacks are OK
John m

LIVE LIFE ONE DAY AT A TIME,FOR TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME!

Photo Site:http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/v161/EffieC/
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2008, 10:53:51 PM »

Kathi, i like your style Cool

hey stinky. different strokes mate, flat or shiny i love em all, though some do prefer one or the other Cheesy

hey john if the badges from jack arent suitable though i think he is just being really fussy Grin
i will give you a call
and if you feel like dropping around anytime just give me a call 6255 6198 id love to catch up again.

take care
dean

pedro
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2008, 11:56:49 AM »

G'day Kathi,
                Shiny v's flat is a very touchy subject around here, the last time it was mentioned i thought people were having a joke but it got out of hand very quickly between some members and stinky had to delete a few messages, i was advised not to get involved, which is a good idea if you get my drift Lips sealed, i'm not trying to tell you what to do just passing on some advice.
                                                                                       Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2008, 06:30:59 PM »

Hi Pedro

I appreciate every one has different tastes - and they are entitled to have their car how they like it - just don't expect everyone to do everything the way you like.  Otherwise it would be a case of being like emos and goths who are so radical and non-conformist that they all wear a "uniform" to ensure they look different and don't conform.   Wink

My advice was to Dean who obviously has some form of shine on his paint already.  I am not about to preach!

Different horses for different courses - and I love rat rods!    And yes, I am well aware it has been a touchy subject at times but thanks anyway!

Kathi  Cool

NosFEratu
pedro
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2008, 06:52:24 PM »

G'day kathi,
               I feel the same if everybody drove the same thing it would be a boring world, i wasn't trying to offend you, like i said i was just passing on what was said to me Smiley

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2008, 04:05:14 PM »

Hi Pedro

I was certainly not offended - it takes a lot to offend me!

There will always be differences of opinion but that makes life interesting.  Most car enthusiasts appreciate all makes, models and "looks" but, naturally, everyone will have a few makes, models and "looks" that they tend to lean towards more.

From what I have seen of this forum over the years it seems to be a great blend of restorers, modifiers and those who like something a little in between, who are all quite happy to help out where they can whether it be passing on information or helping source that particular part.  Smiley

In conclusion in relation to this thread, it's great that it looks like Bubbles has a set of pasties again - you can't be a burlesque queen without a good set of pasties!   Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Kathi  Cool

NosFEratu
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2008, 10:35:00 PM »

In conclusion in relation to this thread, it's great that it looks like Bubbles has a set of pasties again - you can't be a burlesque queen without a good set of pasties!     

very nicely put kathi Grin Grin Grin Grin, both myself and sonnie had a great chuckle at this.
after all it was sonnie, my darling partner in crime who named her bubbles.

cheers
dean

NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2008, 10:49:53 PM »

Hi Dean

Good to know I'm a source of amusement to you and Sonnie Kiss

I was getting a little concerned as you couldn't have Bubbles venturing out of the dressing room without the appropriate attire - that would change her from a respected and admired Burlesque Queen to a, well, we just won't go there!  Shocked

Kathi  Cool

NosFEratu
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2008, 11:07:23 PM »

sonnie likes to think of her as a retired and respected burlesque queen.

i like to think of her as mutton done up as lamb Cheesy
but in a most loving way of course  Wink Wink Wink

NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2008, 11:18:15 PM »

Hi Dean

I'm sorry but you will have to point out to Sonnie, that Bubbles is not retired, she is only a bit of a recluse at the moment just like Betty Page was for years (after trying to kill those people!).  Dean is actually helping her prepare for her long awaited return to the stage - just as Hugh Hefner did with Betty a couple of years back!   

Kathi  Cool

NosFEratu
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2008, 11:20:30 PM »

Kathi i think you have just found a friend.... Cheesy

we hope to see you guys in Orange.....

NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2008, 11:28:39 PM »

we hope to see you guys in Orange.....

Sorry Dean

That's not really John's colour!

Kathi  Cool

NosFEratu
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2008, 11:39:43 PM »

Sorry Dean

That's not really John's colour!

Kathi  Cool
thats bad really really bad Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

i'll refrase that.
 hope to see the three of you ( nosFEratu) at the 2010 nationals in Orange Wink

i can almost see the moderators fingers hovering above the lock button, but we'll keep this going for as long as we can Grin Grin Grin

NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2008, 08:47:20 AM »

Yeah I know, pretty corny but I just couldn't resist! Cheesy

And before someone out there corrects me.  Yes, while technically Betty was a pin-up and not a burlesque dancer there is plenty of footage of her performing hoochie coochie dances - I just thought it was a pretty good comparison for you to use in relation to Bubbles being in "hiding".   Wink

Except, I'm not aware of her having such a sordid past like Betty - she hasn't tried to kill anyone has she? Or is that why she is getting the frontal lobotomy (engine replacement and upgraded mechanicals) - to ensure she doesn't endanger anyone?  But now we are straying into Frances Farmer territory!  Grin Grin

Kathi  Cool

NosFEratu
Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2008, 04:54:59 PM »

Purple is GIRLEY? man what would the Phantom say?

Bogans rule
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2008, 05:17:17 PM »

Took you long enough Phantom.  Grin

So you've either been asleep, out in the Bengali jungle with Hero, Devil and Fraka, or you just can't get good internet connections all the time in the Skull Cave!  Cheesy

For want of repeating myself "I actually lurve Purple"! Grin Grin Grin  Just wanted to see how long it took for Dean to bite!  Wink

Kathi  Cool

NosFEratu
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2008, 06:32:26 PM »

didnt take me as long as the ghost who sleeps Wink

but thanks for backing me up there rusty!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: