FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:13:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: quater panel badge  (Read 18111 times)
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« on: April 11, 2008, 01:07:05 PM »

im after a rear 1/4 holden badge, condition of paint not important as it is going to be painted but needs to have good chrome.

cheers all
dean

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 01:24:08 PM »

Hi Smithy

Can you wait until my next rebuild when I take mine off - just have to finish Project 58 and get some miles on that first - maybe 3 or 4 years?  You're not in any hurry are you?   Wink

No, sorry I can't help but I just couldn't resist!

Best of luck with it all - I am sure with the support shown to you already you will meet your deadline without too many issues.   

NoSFEratu  Cool

NosFEratu
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 01:44:21 PM »

Can you wait until my next rebuild when I take mine off - just have to finish Project 58 and get some miles on that first - maybe 3 or 4 years?  You're not in any hurry are you?   

ahh your a funny guy Grin Grin Grin

hell i can wait, its only taken me 5 years to get it to here whats another couple Cheesy Cheesy

thanks heaps

dean

Maco
nsw-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 04:45:02 PM »

Dean,

I spotted the rear 1/4 panel badges at Rare Spares today.

Cheers
John Wink

Better in Green
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 07:51:13 PM »

thanks maco, i am hoping to pick up a second hand one as i am going to paint over the red insert anyway. i sacrificed one of mine yesterday.

cheers
dean

jack_fc

SouthWest Coast, Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 08:55:33 AM »

smithy, pm sent
cheers jack

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2008, 11:58:56 AM »

Hey Dean in case you hadn't noticed NosFEratu is a girl/woman  WinkGrin Grin Grin

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2008, 02:21:07 PM »

Thanks Pedro - obviously it was money well spent on the sex change all those years ago that you realised I'm missing the block and tackle.  Grin

Kathi (aka NosFEratu)  Cool

NosFEratu
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2008, 04:34:57 PM »

my aplogies kathi Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

i'll retract this
ahh your a funny guy   
and at the same time remove my foot from my mouth Grin Wink

thanks Pedro Tongue

NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2008, 04:41:41 PM »

Don't worry Dean - I'm not offended!  Kiss

I wish you the best with your deadline - it's amazing what can be done with the right attitude and some support.  I know that working with injuries is not fun - pace yourself, try not to get too frustrated and slowly but surely you will get there!

Kathi  Cool

NosFEratu
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2008, 04:55:50 PM »

thanks KATHI Grin
 i set a deadline just for myself after years of just cruising through the rebuild and now it appears it is for a great cause so "it must be done"
i was trying to do as much of the car myself but given my current situation and lack of skills in some areas i really appreciate the support shown. i am honestly humbled.
i have said it before but i could not have even made it this far without the guys and girls Wink of this forum.........

so how about that badge now Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

cheers
dean

NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2008, 06:02:21 PM »

Sorry Dean, NosFEratu's next rebuild isn't on the cards until Project 58 is finished - so if you can wait for that badge maybe I can help you out!  Cheesy

Never underestimate your ability to learn and perfect new skills especially from those that are so obviously willing to help you. Remember - pace yourself and try not to get too frustrated! 

And by the way ..... I lurve Purple but couldn't bear to think of NosFEratu anything but black when I rebuilt it.

Kathi Cool

NosFEratu
pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2008, 02:34:26 PM »

No worries, saw your pics in real cars, definately money well spent, i couldn't tell Wink Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2008, 04:59:25 PM »

Thank you Pedro

It's amazing what they can do isn't it?  Some of the top models and Bond Girls have lost their block and tackle too! Bet you didn't know they could surgically remove Adam's apples back in 1979?  Now that will really get you thinking! Cheesy

And before anyone gets paranoid - the only thing fake about me is my hair colour..... and while that changes regularly which John says is cheaper than a new wife!  And he should know - I'm not called "KB3" for nothing!  Wink

Now where did this all start off - did you end up getting a badge Dean?

Kathi  Cool

NosFEratu
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2008, 05:33:36 PM »

ha ha ha some enjoyable reading coming from a simple badge request Grin Grin Grin

it looks like i may have found one with a great big thanks to jack ( jacks fc ) Wink

thanks to all
dean

NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2008, 09:43:59 PM »

Dear Dean

While I am very happy for you that you have found a badge, I feel compelled to let you know how deeply distressed I am that you chose not to wait for mine.   Cry

I can only hope that with time these wounds will heal and that one day I can rise above these feelings of rejection and move one - but until that day comes, I will console myself with the thought that this potential union of our cars would only have served to denigrate the integrity of my badge by it being placed on a girly purple car!  Grin

Kathi  Cool

NosFEratu
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2008, 10:07:21 PM »

can only hope that with time these wounds will heal and that one day I can rise above these feelings of rejection and move one - but until that day comes, I will console myself with the thought that this potential union of our cars would only have served to denigrate the integrity of my badge by it being placed on a girly purple car! 

oooh thems fighting words Kathi,  Shocked>Sad
and to think i was going to toss you the keys for a cruise too Wink Wink

ah what the hell you can still cruise in it. Grin Cool Cool
i was going to paint your badge purple anyway, just like this one

girly purple car!

hey phantom are we going to let her get away with this Huh? Wink Grin Wink Grin Cheesy

NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2008, 10:34:53 PM »

Hi Dean  Kiss

Now you know I love purple!   Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss

So, re the cruisin' bit, John's question - "does he have enough tread on his rear tyres for them to survive you driving it?" He's a little concerned about the cost of keeping whitewalls on the van once the V6 goes in! Geez, I'm being lectured already!  Angry

I finish with my well used catch phrase - "Purple's nice!Cheesy

Just wanted to see how long it would take you to bite!  Grin

Kathi  Cool

NosFEratu
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2008, 11:34:41 PM »

Hi Dean  Kiss

Pleeeeeeease forgive me. Cry  I didn't mean to say such harsh words but, I thought you would wait for my badge, and it's hard to take being passed over for someone younger! (FC vs FE).  Cheesy

Glad you might have got the badge you need though!  Keep up the progress but pace yourself and make sure you get the distance too!

Kathi Cool   

NosFEratu
jack_fc

SouthWest Coast, Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2008, 03:28:29 PM »

Smithy, badges sent by post today. If anyone else offers you a badge, grab it - I'm not confident that either of mine are good enough for that sweet purple thing...

I noted with considerable interest that you were going to toss the keys to Kathi in return for a badge. Now, I saw the pic of Kathi on here somewhere; given that she has internal plumbing, looks that good AND can dance, I can understand your offer of the keys for a cruise.  Wink Wink Grin

Sadly, I'm assuming that the possession of block n tackle precludes me from a similar offer???  Cry Cry Cry

cheers jack

ps   for mine, dump the mags!! stick with steelies; baby moons, full moons, bullet centre caps; whatever
      but not mags...  (just my humble opinion; its your car, do what you want!)

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: