FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 30, 2024, 01:04:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: black 202 efi  (Read 38735 times)
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2006, 10:24:42 PM »

hey nes, if i was in your spot id convert to the 202 now, have some fun and cruise. put your V6 on a engine stand and rebuild it, paint and polish it source some performance parts, twin throttle bodies / supercharger etc. gather all your conversion bits needed engine mounts, steering colum rack and peanut steering, Grin  headers, gearbox and crossmember and all the other little bits needed. you could even get yourself another HR crossmember and set that up for the V6 or buy one from one of the conversion places CRS, or  pat gardener http://www.v6conversions.com.au
a couple of grand there easy Huh
not sure how your car is setup but you may even have to look into chasis stregthening aswell. this could all be done over a longer period making it easier to afford Wink

by converting over to the 202 now (if you go down the EFI path) you should have the some of the work done already completed, like the return lines fuel tank and pump and hopefully most of the wiring upgraded to handle the increased circuts, which leads me to ask about your wiring, is it still standard cause you may want to suss out whether it could cope with the EFI.
then when the time and $$$ are right convert over to the readyV6.

or take the easier way out now put the 202  in now, run it off whatever carby setup you like, no need for a lot of stuffing around, cruise then start collecting for your swap.
well thats my 2c worth Grin Grin

blacky
with the VR tank do you still have the filler in the original EK position or have you moved it? any cahnce of some pics please?
the FB was that the one in the latest cruzin mag if so it looked a nice swap.i have been trying to find some better pics showing the boot area but that is certainly an interesting option.

cheers
dean

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
NES304
Guru

Model: FC

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2006, 03:56:53 AM »

Dean,  the original wiring is in but i'm keen to give it a toss. I cut it to bit any way. With the V6 I was just going to buy a 500 dollar just out of rego jobby as a donor car. It has everything!
Where did you get your return fuel lines from? Did you make your fuel line larger?
NES

blacky

Model: other Holden

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2006, 04:11:34 AM »

I used the lines out of the donor Commode , they fit straight in back to the rear spring hanger ,then a bit of minor tweaking and they look like they were made for it.
Smithy , will take some pics this weekend , the filler neck has been put back to the original spot although I would like to put it behind a door to neaten the rear of the car up eventually.

I spent most of my money on beer , fast cars and women - the rest I just wasted.
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2006, 09:52:13 PM »

nice blacky, very nice. might just have to look into that Wink Wink.

nes, there was a post dealing with fuel lines just a couple of weaks ago have a read of it, im still working out which tank setup i will go with, once thats sorted then i'll have a stab at the fuel lines.

dean

NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2006, 11:16:06 PM »

HEY BLOKE (BLACKY)
          Cheers for the photo. Did you know prior that the commodore lines were a close fit or did you hope for the best. How did you bend em?
nes

NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2006, 11:17:06 PM »

blacky, what are you runnin up front?

blacky

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2006, 11:27:32 PM »

I bought the car already converted to a V6 and auto , the fuel lines were already in there but like all the other work on the car , were as rough as guts.
I have been cleaning the car up , and repairing all the rust which had been bogged over ( see FB/EK website for more pics if interested ) . The fuel lines were riveted to the floor with bits of metal strapping , so I got another set off a donor because the old ones were almost rubbed through where the strap sat .They only need bending in the engine bay and where the floor kicks up to clear the diff - all the lines you can see in the photo are as the general made them.

I spent most of my money on beer , fast cars and women - the rest I just wasted.
blacky

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2006, 11:30:20 PM »

Sorry NES , I bend them with a pipe bender I bought from Bunnings. Does 1/4" , 5/16" and 3/8" pipe

blacky

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2006, 02:56:33 AM »

Smithy , photos of fuel tank ...

blacky

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2006, 02:57:19 AM »

blacky

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2006, 02:57:58 AM »

blacky

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2006, 02:58:42 AM »

smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2006, 05:49:13 AM »

cheers heaps blacky, looks like a neat fit. how much work was needed in the boot area? any problems with fuel flowing out of the neck?
i know where i can grab a tank out of a vr so might do some measuring soon  Wink Wink

dean

fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2006, 12:34:32 PM »

Back to speaking of efi holden 202's
here is a pic of a warm 202 with vk injection fed by a turbo, its in a LX sedan that looks like grandads church car down to the origoinal hubcaps.
it has a pretty descent 512 rwhp.
http://home.iprimus.com.au/feroblast/New_Folder/enginetrana1.jpg

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
blacky

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2006, 08:44:06 PM »

Bumped for Fatboy  Grin

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: