FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 01, 2024, 04:22:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Lower quarter panels  (Read 5604 times)
fe2ek
vic-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2004, 07:57:26 PM »

Does any one make lower FC rear quarter panels as Rares dont.

Cheers Geoff
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2004, 09:05:25 PM »

Hi All
I really should carry a note pad around with me. I was talking to someone the other day about old holden panels.
They told me about someone who manufactures replacement panels for FE FC FB & EK holdens. Sorry but I did not get the details I will try and remember who told me and post details when I have them.

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
fastjbav6
wa-club

OK start her up !

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2004, 07:46:04 AM »

I used the FB/EK panel and the panel beater did'nt have any problems fitting it.
Regards Seb

Yellow Knight

streetneat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2004, 06:37:32 PM »

I was in Rares the other day and I picked up a repro lower section for a FC as it was marked. The FB/EK ones(sedan and wagon) are similar in some areas. They did not look wonderful and if you require these patches then you must have substantial rust. I normally fabricate my own for these areas. How rusty is yours? can you post a piccy of it? I have one genuine lower section that was unpicked from a wagon...  will suit sedan in that area as well. I think it was the left... or right... one of them ..I would have to check. Yours for $50 if you want it. ( definatly was not worth the unpicking effort that was put into it  for that price!) Cheers streetneat
« Last Edit: April 13, 2004, 07:22:57 PM by streetneat » Logged

Cheers streetneat -Andrew
fe2ek
vic-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2004, 07:10:23 PM »

Hi Streetneat,
                     The rust is not bad and you wouldnt know from looking at it outside and it is not urgent.It is in the lower inch of the panel.I thought if I had the panels then i could take it to a panel beater and get them put in.They probably are easy to make,I just thought it would be even easier to buy them.
Ques 2
If ek panels are the same,why are FC and EK spats different

Cheers Geoff
streetneat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2004, 07:19:33 PM »

The panels are similar for rust repairs I was getting at. Depends where on the panel you are reffering .You are right in the fact that the EK has a different wheel arch lip to the FC ...unless you have a commercial which means they are all the same.  I stand corrected if you were reffering to the part of the panel nearest the wheel arch  on a sedan or wagon for a EK . Having the rust repairs for a Panel beater sometimes helps but if the rust is of a minor nature then fabrication for that immediate area is the better method. I will correct my previous post.. Cheers streetneat Cool

Cheers streetneat -Andrew
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: