FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 30, 2024, 03:11:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: My new ride  (Read 11424 times)
Iso007

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: July 09, 2013, 07:49:32 PM »

Hey guys, I know it is not an fc but I thought I would show you my new ride which I had delivered yesterday. It is a chopped fx running a 161. Goes good, handles well and I can almost see out of the windscreen. The main thing is, she is in her new home at Minto, NSw.
Best regards
Ian
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 07:56:40 PM »

Nice
Probably the only FX FJ chop that looks in proportion theres some horrors out there.

fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 08:16:41 PM »

Do u have any plans to do some further tweeking. I already have a few ideas, but Im a bit weird so I will keep them to myself.

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
Iso007

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 08:59:36 PM »

mate, my mind is racing along thinking about all the changes i can do. it has a chassis fitted. I have an engineer looking at it in a couple of weeks to make sure i can get it engineered in NSW. i know i will have to lower the seats as i either bend my head down to see, or sit back and only view 20 metres in front of me. once he gives it a certificate, i will be look at replacing the gearbox.(it has a single rail 4 speed which i had to google as i had not heard of it before) i think 2nd gear synchro is worn and the gear stick sits too far back for me. I will look into changing it for a celica 5 speed. It looks good in photos but it is a bit rough so i will be cleaning up the paintwork and the bonnet just doesnt sit right. the power out of the 161 seems too good to be true so i need to find out what exactly has been done to the engine.The handling is excellent if a little too firm. Once ( and if) i get the engineers certificate i will be redoing the complete interior to make it more apealing to the eye. I know you are thinking about a v8 conversion but I have so many projects, i just want to drive this thing for a few years and then i will be too old to worry about it. OR it wont pass the engineers inspecton and it will just become a conversation piece in the shed.
best regards
Ian Anderson
Ole

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 09:05:40 PM »

Hi Ian, I like your new car. Just out of interest, was this car on the back of a tilt tray in Adelaide recently? If I'm not mistaken I think I saw it out the front of Outlaw Speed Shop in Enfield last week. It certainly got my attention.

Regards Ole.

Adelaide SA
Iso007

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 09:24:57 PM »

mate i dont know adelaide but it came from there and the pick up point was St Kilda Autos, at 1 Beach Road, St Kilda. the seller used them as a middle man. it got picked up on friday 28th june, but i dont know what type of truck. I just gave them his number and hopped on a plane to go overseas. When i got back, it was in sydney. I never spoke to the guy after i organised the transport, but it could very well have been the car you are talking about. I have never seen one like it before so i dont think there are too many running around. While i was fueling up today a very kind local citizen let me know that he used to have one exactly the same and he paid $15.00 dollars for it and used it as a paddock basher. So in short i think i must have paid too much for it. You gotta love those helpful punters. By the way, his fx came out of the factory with the 179 red motor as it was a prototype. he thinks my car may be the same one. he has gone home to see if he can find the log books for me
Pure genius
 best regards
Ian
Ole

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2013, 09:34:24 PM »

Definitely the same car, what a coincidence. I love the proportion of the chop and the old Skool white walls with the moon disc caps. Good luck with the engineer.
Ole

Adelaide SA
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2013, 09:38:18 PM »

No I wasn't thinking a v8 at all, I was looking at the bonnet dimension from the angle you took the pic and I was thinking how cool it would be to have it cut in the middle with centre hinges like the old 39 chev utes and slightly lowered to compliment the new roof line. That would be a side project you could do over time without taking it off the road. U cant show us a pic and not expect us to get carried away, its already had the chop, its crying  Cry Cry Cry out for more  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

There is a 39 like these down the back paddock, those side flutes would make me go  Kiss Kiss Kiss (gold plated with a tad of oxidisation in the solution to make it look older and flatter).

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
Iso007

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2013, 09:51:06 PM »

dear Mr fe350chev. You sir are a bloody genius. I agree that it needs more and it starts with the bonnet. it actually looks good without a bonnet, as i took it off today to see what the problem was. I like your suggestion and as usual i shall attack it like a bull at a gate without placing much more thought into it. Now unless you are a stickler for the application of the fines and gaol sentencing that normally applies to copyright, i shall pursue your idea to the fullest and when asked i will say fe350chev who? Next its off to google to get photos of all those cars with similar bonnets. thanks for that great idea that i just thought of.
best regards
Ian
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2013, 09:57:25 PM »

Some of these are....hmmm different

http://www.ozrodders.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&p=492865

my fave

Deano

ekute

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2013, 10:03:40 PM »

I like your choice of ride Ian.What size wheels?
brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2013, 10:29:22 PM »

Going to tell a very sad story. Many years ago a mate had an FX sedan.Cant remember but it had the highly sought after rear door buttons. I think from memory the very early FX had the door buttons near the centre pillar and the later FX had them further to the rear. I might have this mixed up. He cut the roof down and all the doors. Body was finished. All ready just to have glass made. In the garage were numerous untouched doors, guards (front and rear) and bonnets. Well he got into trouble with the law as we all did when we were younger and he took off interstate. His mum was living at the house where the car was and couldnt afford the rent. In came  someone to clean up the place. Supposedly all was going to the tip. Last i heard of it. This was in south melbourne vic.
Brett
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2013, 10:31:06 PM »

Well I guess I shouldn't have put the 2 door coupe pic up then   Cheesy, BUT, the reason I said about the bonnet was that if you rake it down slightly and flatten it a bit, you can actually have the sides come off and it looks old school cool bananas  Cool Cool Cool to drive around with your 161 with chrome cleaming out the side. Ive never seen one done before so it would be unique and period in terms of 39's being retired in the 50's. I have been thinking about doing a side thingy on my FE, but would have to be smaller so u can have 4 pipes from the 327 come up then down through the inner guard so you can see them from the side. The reason I suggested this is cos I have always had this idea for my friends current build, some sort of removable side, preferably the long flute would actually be incorporated into the removable piece. But I have 4 projects ATM so I think that would spell divorce  Embarrassed

And u need this in your garage

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Dangerous-Curves-Ahead-classic-vintage-garage-Sign-Bar-Rat-Hot-Rod-USA-/190865739141?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c707c0d85
This is my neighbours going to waste. If he ever dies, I will bribe his missus into selling this to me, but it might be 5 years until I get time to start a new project so Ill see if my neighbour will hang off until Im ready  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

See the profile  Kiss Tongue Kiss Cry Cry Cool Cool Wink

The other idea I had for this same think was to gold plate the top tank of an old 1920's style radiator and make the front profile of the new bonnet either flip up or be removable and replaceable so you can be conservative when u need to be but be a tosser when u get the urge  Cheesy

See this is the copper/gold aged plate effect, this radiator surround thingy could be crafted similar to this one, but black, but under is the actually goldy black tarnished radiator with the centre filler of course. Not a whole of work really and like I said just plod along with it.

I also have this down the back paddock, tractors are actually a good source for a custom radiator hotrod setup because they are usually made thicker than 1.2mm steel and are easier to modify and you can get them cheaper than those on sought after cars. Just some ideas to keep u awake tonite

Deano

fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2013, 10:36:01 PM »

'i shall pursue your idea to the fullest and when asked i will say fe350chev who?'

Um, Im out bush, so I don't think that whatever squad would give up their nice office to come all this way bahaha

Deano

customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2013, 12:22:56 AM »

Very nice.
Saw that ol' girl on ebay.
Good to see that it is now local, might get to see it some day!
I hope all goes smoothly regarding rego.
Regards
Alex

hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2013, 09:29:59 AM »

Have a look at my 'L' model vauxhall bonnet in the photos in parts for sale'Dragway Wheels'.These bonnets are close in shape[they were made at the same factory] and built in three pieces[join up the middle] and maybe useful for a mod as the scallops could work as a guide line for a cut away.So as you know,I have a few spares. Just a thought.
fink

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2013, 09:48:42 AM »

Nice car buddy,try early Gemini buckets,they're highback and sit low giving exclnt leg room aswell. Wink
Deano-I'm after clock for my 39 Master Deluxe if you can help let me know,thanks! Cool
jack_fc

SouthWest Coast, Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2013, 09:54:01 AM »

With apologies for the hijack - Fink and Deano; I'm after the 'Master Deluxe' grille badge for a '37...

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2013, 02:09:24 PM »

I hope u find one  Cheesy (just kidding)

Deano

fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2013, 11:21:16 PM »

Jack Ill have look tomoz down the back paddock for a badge. This will give u an idea of what a new ones worth but u probably already know this site.

http://www.antiquechev.com/catalogues/37-48-04.pdf

Deano

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: