FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 29, 2024, 06:52:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: project help??  (Read 3451 times)
fasteddyfc

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: July 03, 2011, 04:34:41 PM »

Hi Everyone

I am a long time visitor to the site, and finally decided to become a member. I have always loved early model holdens but never really got around to owning one,and after owning a few different toranas and kingswoods over the years i decided that i wanted something older next time around. after a while i decided fe fc models are my favorite.

So began the long search for a reasonable vehicle without too much rust. I have just purchased an fc ute(im not picking the ute up until late july so no pictures yet) now comes the fun part, the rebuild.
The plans for the ute are stock paint, stock interior, hot 202 and hr disc front end. not knowing too much about these early holdens i was hoping i could get some answers on the forum.

I want to know what factory colour combinations the utes were available in from new (paint and interior combinations)

I already have a tough 202 red motor in the shed waiting to go, but im not sure whether i want a trimatic or a 5spd. i am guessing neither will fit in the gearbox tunnel, and if not any information anyone can give me for tunnel mods would be great.

Also any suggestions for a good diff other than a nine inch would be appreciated.

Cheers    fasteddy
fink fc

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 09:11:23 AM »

IT ALL DEPENDS ON HOW MUCH YOU WANNA SPEND.IF YOU GO THROUGH THE THREADS ON THIS FORUM I'M SURE THE ANSWERS ARE IN THERE. GAZ.
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 01:10:24 PM »

I want to know what factory colour combinations the utes were available in from new (paint and interior combinations)

There is some info that may help here - http://www.fefcholden.org.au/techinfo/index.html

I already have a tough 202 red motor in the shed waiting to go, but im not sure whether i want a trimatic or a 5spd. i am guessing neither will fit in the gearbox tunnel, and if not any information anyone can give me for tunnel mods would be great.
CRS and other places (ebay stores) sell trans tunnels for the FC, these are preferred to "home made" jobs as the EK Auto moulded carpets fit these quite well.

Also any suggestions for a good diff other than a nine inch would be appreciated.
Some people go the Commodore route, there is also Centura diffs and Volvos. It all depends on funds and preferences. Volvo diffs are a Dana diff, early holden stud pattern, disc brakes and you can get Lokka kits for them, I am not sure about the others.

jack_fc

SouthWest Coast, Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 01:30:05 PM »

I have just purchased an fc ute
Cheers    fasteddy

Welcome to the forum, fasteddy  Smiley

Given your choice of model, maybe you should consider a name-change to 'fastcharlie' or similar...  Wink

Don't forget to post pics when you get your ute.

cheers, jack

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
fasteddyfc

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 07:11:51 PM »

yeah jack maybe i should of got an fe, but my name is ed and the fast part of the nick name got added by mates years ago..

Thanks for the suggestions/links i will check them out. Not sure on the budget yet, the driveline for the ute is coming out of my LH torana which i built for my wedding, and i cant decide which i want more, a new driveline for the torrie(ls1 9inch etc), or rebuild the ute. Might just drop the 202 in the fc for now and drive it for a couple years as a bit of a beater while the torrie gets its heart transplant..
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: