FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 27, 2024, 08:51:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: EffCee's project  (Read 79147 times)
NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2009, 10:30:55 PM »

What no progress this week?  What happened to all that enthusiasm about getting to Orange?  Not impressed EffCee and..... not impressed Mrs EffCee for letting him slack off!  Consider yourselves smacked around the head - now where's your update?  Angry  Wink Cheesy

NosFEratu
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2009, 02:06:49 PM »

Progressing slowly since going back to work.... however have still made some progress. Will post foters pichers something for you to look at soon Wink

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2009, 12:31:10 PM »

Doors 101

Due to circumstances beyond our control, my wife was laid off work in February, I was quite busy leading up to ANZAC Day and didn’t get anything done on the car when she was off. My wife now has been given temporary employment for 3 months at this stage but this means that I have to look after the kids until 2.00pm when I go to work. This happens on Monday to Wednesday, as there aren't any daycare positions on these days available at the moment. On Thursday and Friday they go to daycare so I am able to get a few hours to myself to do things with power tools and welders that I won’t use while the kids are in the garage.

So the task was to find something that the kids can get involved with that they can help me with. I thought that I would start on the doors. In pulling the doors apart the kids get to do as much as possible and I help them out in stripping the door down.

My assistants

Working feverishly

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2009, 05:25:46 PM »

Good to see you have a workforce to supervise there Keith!  Cheesy  You keep making 'em earn their pocket money!  Wink Cheesy

NosFEratu
mrs EffCees mum

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2009, 05:38:31 PM »

Now I ask you, what kind of son in law is that, making my precious little Prince and Princess slave over a dirty car just so he has an excuse to get into the garage. Angry
You really dug deep for that one Keith!

Although they are both a picture of concentration, I hate to say this but I bet they enjoyed themselves. Undecided

I would really like you to keep in mind that Katie is my Princess, it didn't happen with her mother so pleeeeeeeeease let me have her as a little lady, she is my last hope!!!!

Mrs Effcees Mum
jack_fc

Model: FC

SouthWest Coast, Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2009, 06:06:56 PM »

Hey, hang on a sec, Mrs EffCees mum!  Huh
"ladies" and "working on old Holdens" aren't mutually exclusive, are they Kathi?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Such a sexist attitude shouldn't be tolerated, specially around here!

And with a pair of able assistants like that, Keith will make it to Orange with time up his sleeve!

cheers jack

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2009, 06:11:07 PM »

Now I ask you, what kind of son in law is that, making my precious little Prince and Princess slave over a dirty car just so he has an excuse to get into the garage. Angry

A bloody good son in law Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Just wait for next year, Jack AND Katie will also have season tickets to the football

Although they are both a picture of concentration, I hate to say this but I bet they enjoyed themselves. Undecided

They did, Just have a look at that concentration on Jack's face, he kept going until it was all pulled apart. After a while Katie played with my spanners and Sully. That is all good, I know that she just needs a little more time. Grin  Grin

I would really like you to keep in mind that Katie is my Princess, it didn't happen with her mother so pleeeeeeeeease let me have her as a little lady, she is my last hope!!!!

Mrs Effcees Mum

Katie is the perfect little princess, if you look closely at the tracksuit top she is wearing it definitely states "Princess". By the time that she is ten she will know the inside and outsides of a car, which is more than I can say for your daughter, no matter how hard I seem to try.

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
mrs EffCees mum

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2009, 07:05:16 PM »

Dear jackfc (haven't yet thought of any good replies to EffCee yet, but I'm working on it)

I am not saying ladies can't work on Fc's, because when I was 18 (yeh yeh EffCee it was a long time ago  Embarrassed ) I could change a gear box out of an fc panelvan with the best of them. Had to or I wouldn't have seen much of my then husband. Come to think of it that didn't really help much either. Roll Eyes

But as I mentioned previously, I really wanted a ladylike princessy type of daughter and missed out badly on that, so my beautiful Katie is my last hope. As my horrible son in law already has both grandkids brainwashed to be Rabbitohs supporters, don't you think he could grant me this one little wish  Huh

From the pictures today I guess I have missed out again, oh well, I will just continue to make her pretty little dresses and hope that one day she might change.
jack_fc

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2009, 07:43:55 PM »

But, Mrs EffCees mum; I'm sure Katie can be a "ladylike princessy type"  and still be able to drop a gearbox out of an old Holden!
Granted, I'm just a dumb-arse old fisherman, but I just dont understand why having either one of the above attributes necessarily excludes her from having the other...
Having missed out on daughters myself, I can thoroughly understand your fervent wish for a 'little princessy type'...  me? I would have loved to have had a 'little princessy' mechanic!

I'm sure Keith will foster any 'mechanic' in Katie, and I really hope you continue to foster any 'ladylike
princess' in her; both are very important; I hope you BOTH win, but neither of you (Keith and you and
Mrs EffCee) should forget that ultimately, its up to Katie...

cheers and regards to the whole EffCee family
jack

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
mrs EffCees mum

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2009, 08:59:39 PM »

jackfc - if you only knew our beautiful Princess Katie , you would realise that like her mother, as she grows up neither her father nor I will have much say about how she turns out, because at 2 years old she has her own opinions, strong will and a combination of both her parents stubborness!  Shocked Did I say that?

But in my heart she will always be my little princess, just as her mother still is.

jack_fc

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2009, 09:22:55 PM »

, because at 2 years old she has her own opinions, strong will and a combination of both her parents stubborness!  Shocked

I know I'm just a tad colorblind, but is that a hint of red in Katies (and Jacks) hair?
If so, it thoroughly explains your comment above!
(I have got one "little princess"; she's just a tiny bit older than two, has red hair, and, um, ditto what you said above about Katie, and then some....)  Grin Grin Grin

cheers jack

Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2009, 05:55:17 AM »

Well, personally speaking Mum, the not so-big-anymore-K is doing the right thing. Too many little rug biters sitting around watching tv or playing on their DS.  Sad

Long live healthy outdoor pursuits - even though you go inside to the garage it's still outside of the house.  Wink

Even if they can't do much yet, I am sure they can keep asking very intelligent questions so Keith will easily be able to keep his mind on the job!  Grin

P
 Cool

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
Mrs EffCee

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2009, 03:00:47 PM »

Well we are finally at a stage where there has been some progress and the FC is finally off the (very messy) floor. As someone let the cat out of the bag I thought I better get some photo's up quick smart before the rest of you (yes you know who you are F4+++++) start to hassle me for photo's.  Grin

Now if only he would clean up all the mess around the bloody car I might not worry so much that he's going to break his neck every time he's out there working on the car. And I'm terrified every time he moves my car out that it is never going to see the inside of the garage again. I've tried spray painting a white line down the middle of the garage to clearly state each side but all his hmmm (things  Angry) still encroach on my side. What's a girl to do?  Undecided

Any way still doing my best to encourage progress even will loosen the purse strings at the end of the month to give an injection of funds into the FC account. That should help considerably (no execuse then)... ohh except the no time one.  Wink

Still not convinced we'll make it to Orange in the FC, lucky I have my XR6 at the ready.  Shocked

Any words of encouragment to Mr EffCee to help push progress along would be greatly appreciated.  Cheesy Cheesy

cheers to all.

NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2009, 04:57:29 PM »

Any words of encouragment to Mr EffCee to help push progress along would be greatly appreciated.  Cheesy Cheesy

Will this help? Mrs Effcee, I recommend you pop the kids in the car and go for a nice long outing each weekend and resist all temptation to add to "the list".

Oops  Embarrassed just realised you wanted words for Keith Embarrassed  Hang on, it's one in the same,  isn't it?  Wink Cheesy

Slowly, but surely Keith.

Kathi

NosFEratu
Paul In Ireland
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2009, 08:17:07 PM »

Advice? Encouragement?

"Don't let that little Mexican B*stard beat you" - that's all I can say!!

Call it a 2 horse race and both get the "Orange" for finishing!!

Cool

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2009, 08:48:43 PM »

Mexican B*stard

Huh He's north of the border though

Mrs EffCee

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2009, 09:29:13 PM »

Huh He's north of the border though

Maybe he's a sun burnt Mexican??  Grin
Mrs EffCee

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2009, 09:33:47 PM »

Slowly, but surely Keith.

Kathi

Any slower we'd be going backwards. WE'RE RUNNING OUT OF TIME!! Ahhhhhh Tongue

Gee, I reckon I'd almost have time to do a mechanic's apprenticeship and finish the job myself by the time he finishes it.  Shocked. (only kidding... still love ya honey)!  Grin Grin Grin
pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2009, 08:07:04 AM »

Good work Keith, nice to see some progress, looks like she's bloody good rust wise.

Maybe he's a sun burnt Mexican??

At least we've got some sun Wink, my daughter and her husband just spent the last few days driving to Tassie(moving there Huh), she sent us an e-mail yesterday saying she seems to have lost the sun as she hasn't seen it for days Cheesy Cheesy
                           Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2009, 08:54:23 PM »

Well I have been at it, I haven't been making as much progress as I would like but progressing all the same. I have been taking parts into work of a Sunday morning to clean parts while the workshops are open to minimise the buses that are off the road over the weekend.

It has been great having access to chemical cleaners, bead blasters etc to help along with the cleaning and preparation of parts for reassembly. I have been getting all sorts of parts through the week, throwing them into a box, the greasy ones go into the hot wash to get a good clean while I clean the not so greasy ones, or the ones that I have had in the hot wash the previous weekend, in the bead blaster. Sunday afternoons is now spent painting the afore mentioned parts.

These are last Sundays effort

I was looking to get some more work done on the car today being a public holiday here in the ACT, but was directed to gardening duties. When the state of the garden was pointed out to me, I concurred and reluctantly spent the day in the garden, and given the amount yet to be done a few more days to come...... But not on a Sunday morning!

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: