FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 27, 2024, 04:05:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: EffCee's project  (Read 79126 times)
Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2009, 09:46:42 PM »

Those parts look suspiciously like lawnmower parts  Shocked - are you sure you're still working on the right project and SWMBO hasn't bedazzled you and got you doing the wrong thing??  Wink

C'mon - you can make Orange!! Get back into it!!  Smiley

Cool

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2009, 10:23:56 PM »

Weren't you allowed to hang your stuff up on the clothes line to paint them?  Roll Eyes Grin

It's a nice stage getting things painted and ready to reassemble and it's even better when they're reassembled and back in the car! Maybe once Sandra realises a side benefit of you working on the car is more space in the garage you'll be taken off garden duties! Grin

NosFEratu
jack_fc

Model: FC

SouthWest Coast, Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2009, 09:11:57 AM »

Weren't you allowed to hang your stuff up on the clothes line to paint them?  Roll Eyes Grin

Kathi I'm sure Sandra would allow Keith to hang bits from the clothes line for painting -

(but obviously she wants him to slash and burn a path to the clothes line first...)  Wink Wink Cheesy

and Keith, some of us are getting a bit concerned about you ACT blokes (you and the 'invisible man') Undecided

it almost seems that the closer you live to Orange, the furtherest away you are from getting there!   Wink Wink

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2009, 08:14:41 AM »

Good to see some progress Keith Cool, at least you had the sense to put something underneath the bits before you painted them, not like a certain idiot that now has red stripes on his shed floor Roll Eyes.
                               Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2010, 01:37:47 AM »

Good to see some progress Keith Cool, at least you had the sense to put something underneath the bits before you painted them, not like a certain idiot that now has red stripes on his shed floor Roll Eyes.
                               Pedro

Pedro,

I can relate to that, I once had a rented house and painted a 36 F#@d Chassis on the floor in the garage. Left the imprint of the chassis on the floor, good and proper. Took ages to clean off, had to hire steam cleaning equipment, pressure cleaners etc. What a nightmare....

I have never forgotten that, much easier and cheaper to just have something underneath.

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2010, 01:52:35 AM »

Well it has been awhile since I have updated, I don't know if I will get the car to Orange, it is unlikely as there is too much to do, and I still keep finding unexpected things. I don't want to put myself in the position where I have to cut corners to get it there, only to have to redo it when Orange is over.

In cleaning up the diff I thought that I will just pull it apart and check it and see how it goes, hoping that at the worst I would have to put a set of bearings and seals through the diff.

Well that was not to be, the poor old FC that the diff was removed from, had just about everything else in it either broken or worn beyond comprehension. The diff turned out to be no different. Much metal was found in the bottom of the diff casing, broken centrbolts and wear in the housing where the spring pads mount.

It all good fun, but not when you are on a tight schedule. In any case I will be working on it hoping to get the car there, if it doesnt happen, well so be it.

That being said I still have few weeks of leave to take mid February and I am hoping to make a significant improvement.

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
Paul In Ireland
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2010, 09:22:32 AM »

Pedro,

I can relate to that, I once had a rented house and painted a 36 F#@d Chassis on the floor in the garage. Left the imprint of the chassis on the floor, good and proper. Took ages to clean off, had to hire steam cleaning equipment, pressure cleaners etc. What a nightmare....

I have never forgotten that, much easier and cheaper to just have something underneath.

Keith
Keith,

It would have been easier just to paint the rest of the floor....

Wink

Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2010, 09:41:01 AM »

It would have been easier just to paint the rest of the floor....

In hindsight, yes it would have been, and would have been probably cheaper too.

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2010, 11:15:11 AM »

Keith you can make it to Orange your not going to let a simple early Holden beat you Huh are you Huh? ........FC427.....

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2010, 07:58:45 PM »

Keith you can make it to Orange your not going to let a simple early Holden beat you Huh are you Huh? ........FC427.....

Well Mark, in short I did let a simple early Holden beat me. I didn't get it to Orange

I had cleaned all the paint off the car, and thought that i would save time in getting the edges done so I sent the car to have the edges, such as around the windscreen, in the roof guttering etc cleaned up. I had time off work so off it went with the intention to return the following day. I had to shase the sandblaster who it turned out got  lrger job in, so put my car to one side while he did the larger job, Upshot of it all was that the car sat outside, it rained while it was there so the sandblaster did the whole car, at no extra cost, I didn't wind up getting the car back until 10 days later, so I didn't get anywhere near what I wanted to get done while I had the time off.

It did show up some previous bodgie repairs, which look worse when it was all sandblasted. After it was ground down, the floor was full of holes so I need to replace both the rear floor pans as well as some rust in the 1/4 panels and boot floor which I wasn't aware of.

The bad news is that I don't have my own mig, and have had to try and borrow a mig from friends, however I have nearly scraped the necessaries together and will be purchasing one shortly, YEEHAA

Also, as I didn't make it to Orange in my FC,  My wife was right.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes I was wondering if one of the moderators can change the name to "EffCee's project" please
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 09:33:54 PM by fevanv6 » Logged

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2010, 10:52:59 PM »

'Bout time we heard something from you Keith!  171 days to registration - but who's counting? Oh, hang on, that would be me!  Wink  Cheesy

NosFEratu
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2010, 07:13:53 AM »

Yeah good on you Pedro, dobbed me right in.  Here's me trying to fly under the radar and almost succeeding.... As soon as I saw your post I put a post up, just to avoid the Evil One's wrath.

No worries Keith, that's what mates are for Grin Grin, I notice it wasn't long before you were in trouble, hopefully this will deflect attention away from me Wink, about time Smithy did something too isn't it Kathi Huh, seriously though it's good to see the old girl back from the sandblasters at least you know what's in front of you and you can start going forward from this point, are you going fully stock or slightly modified?
       Pedro

F4+
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2010, 07:53:21 AM »

Trust me, no-one is out of my sights!  Cheesy

NosFEratu
Paul In Ireland
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2010, 10:02:32 AM »

Ahem...  Wink

As they say Keith - "now, just get on with it!"

FC_fer_me
vic-club

baby boomers luv FC's

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2010, 06:58:06 PM »

Shhh!hopefully this will deflect attention away from  me too!  Wink ;)although hopefully I'll have a progress report soon, Cheers Jack
jack_fc

SouthWest Coast, Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2010, 12:01:56 AM »

Wishful thinking, Jack...

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
jasonr70002

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2010, 10:32:23 AM »

Keep persevering mate it will all come together. I will be posting pics of the many many rust repairs on my FE soon.
Jason

Golden Holdens FE-FC
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2010, 09:59:58 PM »

My long awaited welder arrived today, like a kid with a brand new highly prized toy, I carefully cut the packaging, screwed in the lifting point, hooked up the engine crane and carefully lifted the welder clear of the box and packaging, only to find that at some point it had been dropped on the corner and the corner was all bent. Embarrassed

I rang Hare and Forbes Sydney where I bought the welder from, full marks to them, they are sending a replacement welder on Monday. Smiley

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2010, 10:13:43 PM »

What a bummer! You can't play until next week!  Cheesy   

NosFEratu
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2010, 02:42:23 PM »

What a dissapointment Keith, after waiting all this time, as Kathi said hopefully you'll get to play with your new toy next weekend.
             Pedro

F4+
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: