FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 20, 2024, 07:12:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 60   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 365 weeks...  (Read 820464 times)
FE 4 ME
qld-club

Model: FE

"A Sweet Sensation"

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 20, 2011, 12:21:07 PM »

WOW !! Jase you have been busy.
    i just went for a quick flick through your thread from where i last left it... i havent been on for awhile, had a few family issues interstate to tend to and have been kinda in a spin since..i've only just sort of been back on here and checked your thread out like i mentioned, i will need to go back and read and look at all the new pics and info...it looks great, plenty of skill and learning im sure  ( for all of us really )

thankx for taking the time to post so many pics and sharing your journey with us all, im sure we all enjoy such a big project look skilled and easy, along with its dramas here and there to bring out the best in you

keep it up, thankx once again

" Have a Great ( FE ) Holden Day !!! " SmileySmileySmiley

FE 4 ME

P.S. If you need a full Complete Parts catalogue ( 1948 to 1967 ) im selling them DIRT CHEAP to raise money for the local FE/FC Club QLD
Refer to my thread in Reproduction Parts for more info..which goes for everyone i guess

$$$ Parts Catalogue 1948-1969 for sale ONLY $15 $$ all Money goes to the FE/FC Club QLD PM Me to get this great Catalogue
JB
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 20, 2011, 08:55:59 PM »

FE 4 ME,

Started wondering what parts I could actually use out of the catalog now... All I have left really is the shell, doors, bonnet, grill, lights and indicators. Internally I have the air vent and the wiper arms, the sun visors and door handles. Thats about it really. But the most important part I guess is the chassis number and ID Tag, the heart of the car!  Grin Grin Grin

Cheers
JB

Phone +64 223509263
FE 4 ME
qld-club

"A Sweet Sensation"

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 20, 2011, 09:09:54 PM »

No probs at all Jase, .............if you need the rare part number give me a yell or im sure Ken "The Guru " will always give us all a helping hand

as long as the heart is in the right place !!!   Wink

"Have A Great ( FE ) Holden Day !!!" SmileySmileySmiley

FE 4 ME

$$$ Parts Catalogue 1948-1969 for sale ONLY $15 $$ all Money goes to the FE/FC Club QLD PM Me to get this great Catalogue
JB
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 24, 2011, 08:12:43 PM »

Had a small play with the handbrake set up tonight, had some cables made and the ends were smaller than the originals so had to modify the mounts above the tailshaft, also made the mount for the lower trailing arm on one side. This all went well until I got underneath and worked out that I was out by a mere 200mm on the cables... ouch! Well words to that effect. Here are some shots.

Will do the other side tomorrow and then weld the bracket back on that is above the tailshaft. Next will be the coil over shocks to finish the rear end and get rid of the solid mounts that I have in place now.

Cheers
JB
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 09:19:02 PM by fevanv6 » Logged

Phone +64 223509263
JB
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 01, 2011, 01:54:48 PM »

It's funny how even something small can give you some satisfaction...

I have a handbrake.  Grin

Phone +64 223509263
VAN059

Model: FC

Brisbane, QLD.

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 01, 2011, 02:18:04 PM »

Nice work JB. Better hurry up and finish it, i know of a van screamin out for modification when you're done  Grin Grin Grin

Smokin Words and Shoutin Turds
JB
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 02, 2011, 12:38:30 PM »

Gonna sell it to me then??  Tongue Tongue Tongue Grin Grin Grin

Phone +64 223509263
NICK304

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 11, 2011, 10:39:08 PM »

Hey JB
met you today at breakfast with Lowey.
just had to join up to say you've done brilliant work with this thing. I cant wait to see it finished.
NICK304

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 11, 2011, 11:07:24 PM »

I was also thinking about your idea for the housing for the front speakers. As I was a stereo installer previously I think if you were to put the mid bass speakers in a small housing such as a headlamp or similiar you will lose lower end frequency response from the speaker. The speakers were designed to play in a door cavity or something of similar size just like a sub is designed to play in a certain sized box.
A sealed enclosure for them is however a great idea. The size of such could be determined by using a computer program with the speaker parameters. Or you could ask the Focal distributer in Australia. he's a great bloke and i'm sure would be more than happy to help if you were using one of his speakers. I guess the appropriate size would be somewhat like 3 to 6 litres, probably the larger the better.
If you were to use the three way system the mid range speakers would not need to be housed in such a large enclosure at all as the frequency range they play is much higher.
JB
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 14, 2011, 03:39:55 PM »

Thanks Nick,

The mounting of the mid range has been a problem, for me the specifics of the brochure that I have says that for an enclosed box the mid range woofer needs to have a 30litre box... not exactly sure how this is going to fit on the inside of the FE guards though.. so have shelved it for the moment and let it fester in the back of the brain box for a little while. May have to make something out of metal that will fit and give something close to the size required.

Cheers
JB

Phone +64 223509263
fe350chev
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: July 16, 2011, 06:34:31 PM »

It's funny how even something small can give you some satisfaction...

Someone once said this to me  Tongue

Hey, you are doing well. Ive been stripping the boot and doing some more on the taxi. The cold weather makes it hard to start any painting though.

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
JB
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #391 on: July 28, 2011, 06:33:32 PM »

Managed to get a couple of days off to get some work done on the ute today and tomorrow.

Pulled the engine out with the help of my brother, then got into the sump.

2 sumps into 1...

Have to twist the dipstick hole a little, then can weld it all together, so hopefully done tomorrow.

Any ideas on the best way to modify the oil pick up, I have to basically take the pipe directly above where it picks up from the sump.

It looks like they have used brass to join the ends and the clip that ties it to the end caps.

Phone +64 223509263
JB
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #392 on: July 29, 2011, 03:36:44 PM »

More of the sump, now completed... Have solved the oil pick up problem as well. "T" section to go to new position. Old mount still remains and block off the end after cutting in front of the mount. Just need a plumber with an oxy now who can brass it up for me.

Cheers
JB

Phone +64 223509263
Not Happy Jan
nsw-club

Aussie adventure

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 29, 2011, 07:43:29 PM »

Great skills ..... as usual

You can never have too many!
Port Macquarie NSW
simins
vic-club

Our Toys

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 01, 2011, 10:01:35 PM »

great work
FE 4 ME
qld-club

"A Sweet Sensation"

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 02, 2011, 11:42:48 AM »

Jason have you done this before ? you sure have put some work into it ( and hours ) the engineering and welding is impressive, as much as makes me feel how limited i am in my welding skills...but most of all inspirational to see and understand that it can be done

this is one of the well informative and detailed build by post on here

doin n keep up the great work, anytime you're in QLD and want some work to do, i'll supply the beer   Wink Grin Grin Wink Roll Eyes Huh

just let me know in advance and i will search for a V8 Donor car   Tongue Tongue Tongue

good onya mate !!!

"Have A Great Holden ( FE-V8 ) Day !!!" SmileySmileySmiley

FE 4 ME

FCV08

FE FC Club of QLD

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 02, 2011, 10:01:29 PM »

JB

Thanks for the update.

I am still amazed at how you have shoe horned everything in.

Your welding skills are extraordinary.

Keep the updates coming.

I must throw a few more photos of my progress as well. Got a alloy tank manufactured from scratch off my own drawings.

Just trying to fit it into the boot. I have made it so that I can run the exhaust either side if the fuel tank.

Cheers
Craig D
JB
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #397 on: August 03, 2011, 07:10:50 PM »

Shoe horn is correct, but the method is if it doesn't fit, modify something to make it fit!

More mods done today... Oil pick up cut to length.

Then I managed to lower the radiator a little, and put some caps in for it to sit on. Cleaned up some welds that I couldn't get to because of the engine and accessories.

I now have to work our a way of making a style of access for the back of the engine to be able to adjust the timing, and re work the firewall as I am not happy with it at all.

My brother leak tested the sump for me today and found about 12 pinholes so more welding on that tomorrow, and hopefully get the oil pick up brassed.

Bit by bit.

Cheers
JB

Phone +64 223509263
FC_fer_me
vic-club

baby boomers luv FC's

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 05, 2011, 03:48:14 PM »

Good stuff JB, it's all the little mods that take the time but the end result makes it all worthwhile. Keep up the good work. Cheers Jack.
JB
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #399 on: August 05, 2011, 04:57:32 PM »

Thanks Jack.... Where are your photo's?Huh

Re welded the sump... No leaks  Shocked Shocked Happy days!!

Phone +64 223509263
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 60   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: