FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:06:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Injected V8 FC  (Read 249097 times)
brett_f

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: May 29, 2008, 08:23:26 PM »

Well guys, i dont know why photobucket started deleting the photo's but here goes again. This is my current project now well on the way. Custom made chassis, extractors within the rails, LH torana front end, VS commodore rear end, injected 308 and coupled up to a modified trimatic. Just for something different i have gone with a column shift and bench seat

. Just to make you all envious i used the original gearbox tunnel without modification.
Will keep you updated as i progress.
Regards Brett
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 04:02:51 PM by RET » Logged
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 09:03:32 PM »

said it before and i'll say it again.
very nice work mate, very impressive mods. be very interested in seeing this thing handle..

well done
dean

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
old59

nos is great

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 09:57:54 PM »

Killer work looks great where u from cant wait to see finished. what are plans for trim and colour.
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 10:18:28 PM »

Sweet looking car.
It's going to turn a few heads when done.
Great work and keep us updated please.
Regards
Alex

brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 10:20:21 PM »

Thanks for the kind remarks Dean.

Old59 my intentions are to use the original trim that being blue and black. Most of the panels and trim are all original as far as i know and no floor pans or sills have been replaced.I am in melbourne.
regards brett
brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 10:27:03 PM »

Custom FC thank you also. I will keep you all updated. It will soon be going in to have the wiring done and hopefully i can start it in a couple of weeks. Then hopefully the interior will be painted and then the exterior. Not long then i hope depending on the weather.

Pedro the LH Torana front end has not been shortened. It is standard width.

Regards Brett
brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2008, 11:02:22 PM »

Sorry efcee,
The information about the width for the front end should have been for you. Had too many personal messages i got mixed up.
regards Brett
pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2008, 08:50:22 AM »

Did you have much trouble getting everything lined up when you fitted the front end, from the pics it looks like a fairly straight forward swap, with the scarcity of HR front ends nowadays you've got me thinking this might be a better option, any chance of some pics from different angles with the front in place, keep up the good work Cool
                           Pedro  F4

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2008, 05:38:29 PM »

Pedro, some more pics of the front end during construction.

Regards brett
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2008, 06:20:22 PM »

Excellent pics and nice combination of mods.That list sounds like my dream car.Well done mate.Are you doing the mods yourself or is there someone else?Look forward to more pics.Cheers,Jamie.

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
I958GM

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2008, 07:32:37 PM »

Nice job little brother, you keep this up and l'll let you work on mine Grin Grin Grin  1958GM-Mark
brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2008, 07:35:54 PM »

Thanks Jamie.
well the front end i did myself but the installation of the rear end was done by Mc Donald bros but i would never use them again as the bloke that did my chassis had to redo a vast majority of this again due to poor workmanship.It looked good until i turned it on the rotisserie.The chassis was done by Dave's customs and Rods which i would highly recommend to anyone.Some things you leave to the experts and of course it must pass engineering. On the whole all of the mods were my ideas. I just had to implement them.As i previously said all parts that are going into this vehicle are all Holden from various years that suit the application. Such as the gearbox cross member. It is from a HK,G,T holden.The next idea is to locate the radio/dvd behind the front radio cover and have this cover fold down to gain access to the knobs. And the ideas keep coming.
Regards Brett
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2008, 10:49:32 PM »

Hey Brett,are you reading my thoughts...?I was only thinking of this same thing
 several months ago but then picked up an original Air Chief radio,so I don't need to take that direction.Will probably intergrate the AM antenna into the windscreen so as to not see it outside the car.I love these kind of mods as it shows that some still think out side the square and it still looks stock.Keep up the good work.Cheers,Jamie.

NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2008, 11:00:30 PM »

Some neat work and a nice bright colour there Brett.  Shocked

Jamie - if you are interested, Nostalgic Wireless Co can convert the old radios to AM/FM/IPOD.  Just got mine back and we'll fit in in a few weeks time. Contact me me if you need any info.  Smiley

Kathi  Cool
F4  Wink

NosFEratu
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2008, 11:47:50 PM »

Thanks Kathi but I wouldn't have it any other way.Go the AM!Just imagine all that 50's music pumping out that's been stored up for all those years...! Cool

brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2008, 08:31:06 AM »

Thanks Kathi,
The color is from the current HOLDEN Monaro without the pearl. The outside of the car is going to be this color except for the top of the rear guards and around the door frames which are going to be the original HOLDEN FC beige (cream).
Regards Brett
red_devil
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2008, 01:19:33 PM »

Brett, are you able to share how you fit the transmission in without altering the hump. I'm fitting a Celica 5 speed at the moment and the thought of cutting the tunnel out is killing me.
Regards
John
Red Devil
brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2008, 05:41:36 PM »

John,
Im not sure how this worked out as i have seen everyone else having to modify their transmission tunnels for various engine swaps. I think fitting the torana front end was the key to this problem. The motor seems to sit lower and using the trimatic which is not huge also helps.In saying that the motor sits lower, there is plenty of ground clearance of the sump and passes reg and engineering. It looks standard under the vehicle.
Hope this helps. For those that are contemplating using the torana front end it does appear simple although thought does have to be applied and in most cases the inner guards have to be cut where the adjustment of the upper wish bones for caster/camber can be obtained. These are easily covered although on my conversion i did not have to do this.
Regards Brett
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2008, 06:15:57 PM »

I'm fitting a Celica 5 speed at the moment and the thought of cutting the tunnel out is killing me.
Just do it! As a great modifier once said "There's no room for fear in this game" (or something like that  Undecided )

I'd guess the torana front end lowers the motor/gearbox a fair bit?

red_devil
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2008, 12:41:43 AM »

Thanks Brett, great help, and that is one great car you are building. you are one clever fellow.
Regards
John
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: