FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:34:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 60   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FCRB30 Wagon  (Read 660375 times)
pedro
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 05, 2009, 08:20:12 AM »

I say if I took mine out long term he would just over take my side of the garage with all his junk.

It's not looking too clean out there at the moment Shocked, wait till Keith starts bogging and sanding then you won't want your car in there Wink, and don't worry Mez is always on to me about why her car has to sit out in the weather while mine takes up the whole shed.
                                            Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 07, 2009, 11:57:41 AM »

Haven't achieved too much lately this bog work seems to be taking forever and I've been doing some reno to get some dollars together for the old girl.

She's had a shunt in the rear at some point and it's been a drama trying to get it straight.
                                    Pedro

F4+
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 07, 2009, 01:46:56 PM »

Pedro,

Good to see that you are still making progress, well done, keep up the good work.

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 07, 2009, 02:55:49 PM »

Great work Pedro, try not to "ball up" too much though  Wink

TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 07, 2009, 08:21:41 PM »

Looks good Pedro,this part is not a lot of fun either but good to see you are still progressing.Jamie

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 07, 2009, 08:36:57 PM »

Great work Pedro, try not to "ball up" too much though

I'm definitely not having a ball that's for sure Wink, started seeing the light at the end of the tunnel though today, just hope it's not that train again Roll Eyes Grin, organised for Gavin at retro rods to knock me up a new subframe piece today (the section under the radiator), so I'll be able to finish the welding on the front end and get it on next.
             Pedro

F4+
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 16, 2009, 12:09:43 PM »

WOOHOO Grin Grin Grin, back in primer at last Grin Grin

Now for the front end, had this made up by Gavin at Retro rods, top bloke, hadn't spoken to him for a year when i rang him, he knocked it the next day and only charged me $20

He has now moved into a new workshop in town, these are the new numbers and e-mail address.
                    Pedro

F4+
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 16, 2009, 12:32:14 PM »

That didn't work out too well the pics were too small and the reverse order, I gather i need to upsize them, what size should i use, I redid these through photobucket for now

F4+
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 16, 2009, 12:45:24 PM »

GO PEDRO Just a little more and your ready for paint ....but please double check your repairs before you go to the next stage ...take a 1/4 sheet of news paper put it under your hand [makes feeling imperfections easy] and just feel all the panels again easy to fix now if you have overlooked and small marks before you move on to the painting  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.....FC427......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 16, 2009, 01:55:31 PM »

You do realise that's gonna stuff up your power to weight ratio!  Roll Eyes Grin

Looking good Pedro - keep it up!  Cheesy

NosFEratu
jack_fc

SouthWest Coast, Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: October 16, 2009, 02:17:54 PM »

Great stuff, Pedro!

The primer might be Grey, but it's looking more and more like Orange to me  Wink

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 16, 2009, 03:22:29 PM »

GO PEDRO Just a little more and your ready for paint ....but please double check your repairs before you go to the next stage ...take a 1/4 sheet of news paper put it under your hand [makes feeling imperfections easy] and just feel all the panels again easy to fix now if you have overlooked and small marks before you move on to the painting   .....FC427......

Thanks for the tip Mark, I'll do that, then if I'm correct i block sand it all, apply spray putty to the panels, block sand and reapply again over and over till I'm happy Sad, then primer and block sand again, then  i can  put some paint on Smiley

You do realise that's gonna stuff up your power to weight ratio!

You mean all that bog is gonna weigh her down Grin Grin

The primer might be Grey, but it's looking more and more like Orange to me

Do you think Stinky might have some grey upholstery to go with it Wink Grin
                   Pedro

F4+
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 16, 2009, 03:50:16 PM »

Found this article about the RB30 engine I'm running in an old holden mag. apparently 600hp. single turbo, 700hp twin turbo, from what I've been told even a mild turbo setup gives more power than a 5.0ltr. V8, Hmmmm veeery interesting Grin Grin Grin.
                             Pedro

F4+
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 16, 2009, 04:49:59 PM »

Pedro 700 HP easy they have screwed over a 1000HP out of them ......700 HP in a car that will weigh in under 1250 Kg Shocked can you handle it will be the question on everyones mind  Huh Huh Huh better go with a 9" diff  Tongue.......FC427......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 16, 2009, 05:11:00 PM »

can you handle it will be the question on everyones mind

Let's just say I'm better at it than sanding back bog Wink, spent most of my life on high powered bikes and cars, and I LOVE IT Grin Grin, seriously though i was only thinking of the standard RB30 turbo setup that would be enough in such a light car.
                 Pedro

F4+
NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 16, 2009, 11:26:36 PM »

You mean all that bog is gonna weigh her down Grin Grin

I was actually referring to the fact that the piece of metal you had bent up for the front end would ultimately decrease the power to weight ratio that had been gained as a result of the car's overall mass being decreased through the unique factory oxidisation process in the last 50 years! But yep, bog'll do the same thing too!  Grin

NosFEratu
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 17, 2009, 12:05:13 PM »

Pedro,

Remember that bog is not as heavy as the lead that they used all those years ago.

After seeing some of the custom work that they used to to do years ago, I wonder if the term "lead sleds" came from the fact that they had quite a lot of lead in them.

With that in mind, good to see that you are using the lightweight alternative, so that the power to weight ratio isn't altered to much Grin

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #337 on: October 18, 2009, 07:41:03 AM »

wooohoooo, go pedro go !

looking good there mate  Wink
those RB motors can punch out quite a bit boogie, and you can always look at fibreglass guards / bonnet if you need to redistribute some of that weight. and with the jap motor,
fibreglass has proved a big hit with the ricers  Wink Grin Wink Grin  Grin Grin  Kiss

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
jack_fc

SouthWest Coast, Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 18, 2009, 03:13:12 PM »

Pedro, back when VL turbos were first released, the local Holden dealer insisted I test-drive one (he thought I was a 'petrol-head'; the poor misguided man...)
It went like the proverbial just-neutered feline (for a 'standard' Commonbore; which it wasn't - someone at the dealership had had a little 'play' with it in an underhanded attempt to impress unsuspecting prospective customers)
And even if you do add a little weight to the FC, it still will be shitloads lighter than a VL!
I'll gladly drink rum with you at Orange, but you've got no hope of conning me into any bets involving bottles of rum and 1/4 mile times  Wink Grin

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 19, 2009, 01:21:57 PM »

Thanks guys, been busy wrestling with the radiator to make it fit and welding up the front end, the old 186 used to make the FC go pretty hard so i think I'd have to make the whole body out of lead before weight became a problem for this motorengine Wink, as for the turbo version It's probably overboard but it's good for a bit of SCW posing when the bonnet get's lifted Roll Eyes Grin Grin
                                   Pedro

F4+
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 60   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: