FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:13:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 60   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FCRB30 Wagon  (Read 660418 times)
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 06, 2008, 01:50:31 PM »

Pedro,

At least you can now see what you have to do, rather than missing anything that may raise it's ugly head later. Keep us informed of the progress as you repace the rusty missing bits.

Keith
F4+
 Wink

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 06, 2008, 02:34:57 PM »

Hi Pedro

One day at a time - with everything !  Slowly but surely it will all come together just fine.

For want of a better analogy - i'ts just like your car, until you got it back from the sandblasters you didn't know what needed to be done and how to tackle it! 

Really good to see the photos!  Smiley

Kathi  Cool
F4+ =^^=

NosFEratu
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 06, 2008, 02:56:25 PM »

Pedro, I hope it all works out well for your wife, it's not good have loved ones ill.

Now, stop gas-bagging and taking photos and get into the wagon!  Grin
Makes me want to get mine down to the stripper's, not sure about the Orange "debut" that I promised myself.

NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 06, 2008, 03:01:25 PM »

Oi Stinky - that's my job - are you trying to make me redundant?  Grin Grin Grin

NosFEratu
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 06, 2008, 04:57:36 PM »

Now, stop gas-bagging and taking photos and get into the wagon!  Grin
Makes me want to get mine down to the stripper's, not sure about the Orange "debut" that I promised myself.

Is that the car to the strippers or you to the strippers?HuhHuhHuh And what are going to debut at Orange, Are you planning on doing the "full monty" Shocked Shocked Shocked

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Keith

F4+
 Wink

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: June 06, 2008, 05:15:15 PM »

Is that the car to the strippers or you to the strippers? And what are going to debut at Orange, Are you planning on doing the "full monty"   

oh please be debuting a car stinky. im sensitive to full frontal nudity Grin Grin Grin

hey pedro it doesn't look that bad mate, at least you have some metal to work with Wink Wink

now break out the grinder and mig and start working. you only have 22 months and counting.

dean
F4 Grin

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
pedro
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 08, 2008, 04:07:11 PM »

These are my ideas for colour schemes, thanks again Dean for doing the photoshop work and enabling me to see what they look like out of my head Wink, it definately made it easier to choose after you gave me a few options to pick from Cool

I really like this one

But I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with this one.

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 08, 2008, 04:56:07 PM »

Hi Pedro

As much as I like the black, I really do like the bluple (blue/purple). It'll be a knock out.   Great work Dean!   Cheesy

Oh and A+ for getting your update in without needing a reminder - especially given the week you've had!  Smiley

Kathi  Cool
F4+ =^^=

NosFEratu
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: June 08, 2008, 05:15:34 PM »

i reckon youve made the right choice to mate. the burple ( even the new commodore purple but deeper)  if picked right with a really 'pure' silver will work nicely.....

all in good time mate..

as a wise man posted on this site " slowly the bird builds its nest"  Wink Wink Wink Wink

Guru

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 08, 2008, 05:27:31 PM »

Black and silver for sure, it also disguises the rear side glass rubbers that break up the look of the side of the car Shocked.

pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 08, 2008, 05:53:46 PM »

Yeah i know what you mean about the window rubbers Glenn, how about blurple so dark it's nearly black, then i could have both and i wouldn't have to choose Cool, Dean, i was planning on using the dunnydoor silver, the same as on Mez's VT, it's really good at not showing the dirt Wink
                                               Pedro F4+

F4+
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: June 08, 2008, 06:23:56 PM »

actually i was thinking the late model purple over gold base but a lot deeper. i know PPG do some very nice deep purples.
but as you said pedro, you'd want something that will only show colour coming through in a highlight like off the tailight ridge line and subtle lines on the back doors..
but the crummydore silver is nice but check out the mercedes silvers, youd want to go with something really pure in my opinion Wink

but it was difficult to show that in a small file size and without knowing what your  computer screen looks like. and i wasnt sure what the rear rubber surrounds were like on the wagon..

stinky that is your wagon i used actually, as it was the cleanest and brightest pic i could find.....hope you dont mind mate Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Guru

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 08, 2008, 07:37:14 PM »

stinky that is your wagon i used actually, as it was the cleanest and brightest pic i could find.....hope you dont mind mate Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
That's torn it, now I know I am off to the lawyers Tuesday morning  Tongue  Grin
Never would have picked it, but now you say that I recognise it from the weird shape of the lower quarter panel under the bumper.

smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: June 08, 2008, 07:49:35 PM »

hey i never saw any copyright on it it and it is the web.......
hey take it as a compliment that this was the best pic i could find of a wagon, i'll send you a green version i did for pedro first off if you call off the dogs Grin Grin Grin Grin

DN2168
nsw-club

See you on the road Skag!!

dean.nommensen
View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: June 08, 2008, 07:54:36 PM »

Either colour scheme will look great, being a fan of purple I would probably lean towards that one though Smiley. What do you plan on doing for wheels?

Dean.
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 15, 2008, 12:23:23 AM »

Hi Pedro
I hope all is going well with your wife, I find that the power of positive thinking is one of the best medicines.

As for your car you have the light at the end of the tunnel just work towards it and you will get there one day.

Cheers Jim

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 15, 2008, 09:26:23 AM »

Thanks for the kind words Jim, she goes for more tests thursday so we should know what's happening after that, It's frustrating having my wagon finally sitting there sandblasted and ready to start, but family comes first.

Dean, these are my choices for wheels so far, but that's still a long way off, I could still change my mind if i saw something i liked better.
                    Pedro F4+

F4+
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: June 15, 2008, 10:50:02 AM »

the first one i think is matrix and that is the one i used in the concept car Wink Wink

i like the look of it but the artwork doesnt have the wheel at scale (17 inch) but it gives you some idea...

hope all is well with Mez Wink

dean

NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 15, 2008, 12:18:01 PM »

Hey Pedro

I like the first wheel the best, simpler style and easier to keep clean without having to get into all those little lines! 

I was wondering which day this week Mez was going for tests - best of luck with it all.  Jim's right - the power of positive thinking..... and don't forget laughter too!  Cheesy

You have officially (and now publicly) been excused until further notice for your weekly updates.  Wink

Kathi  Cool
F4+ =^^=

NosFEratu
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 19, 2008, 02:07:46 PM »

Whoo hooooooooo, Just got back from bundy hospital,the lump was benign and Mez is going to be alright Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin.
                                     Pedro F4+

F4+
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 60   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: