FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:38:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FCRB30 Wagon  (Read 660488 times)
pedro
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: April 02, 2014, 05:41:01 PM »

Woohoo, door cards arrived today thanks Stinky they look great, can't wait to fit the bling  Grin Grin, for those that asked me questions sorry i haven't gotten back to you yet i've just worked eight days straight helping a friend finish her house so she can sell and move, as well as whacking down a few carpet jobs to keep the finances coming in, no i didn't get the blue dot ones ekute, I was tempted to get the red led ones but i was worried some idiot would think it was the back of the car and run into me lol, so i just got the white ones, Josh the track width would still be pretty close to original as it's a HR front end with adaptors for the calipers and i narrowed the diff to match, if you check out the pic looking front end on you can see that the wheels sit pretty well where the originals were, Jack i've been tossing around the idea of doing the rims black but i've never been fond of them, I have an old wheel that i'm going to paint and give it a try though as i think they would suit the old girl, and by the way they are silver not grey  Tongue Tongue, unfortunately the flamey radiator cap you sent up for me doesn't fit this radiator, bummer i was extremely disappointed i was looking forward to annoying a certain person that didn't like it when you had it on your car  Grin Grin.

Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
FCV08

FE FC Club of QLD

View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: April 02, 2014, 08:23:23 PM »

Looks good Pedro.

Keep sending in the photos.

Might see you at cooly rock if they ever pull ther fingers out and start the bookings.
I registered as advised and still nothing Angry Angry

Hope it is all ready to roll by then

Cheers

Craig
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: April 02, 2014, 08:44:37 PM »

i thought it was almost booked out ?

http://coolyrockson.mybigcommerce.com/content/pdf/Car%20Map%2018mar%20Low.pdf

Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: April 02, 2014, 09:13:10 PM »

Thanks for your response, Pedro.

Door cards look trick  Wink

Cheers,

Josh.
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: May 04, 2014, 10:43:07 AM »

No worries Josh, always happy to help out where i can, I didn't know you had to book to put your car in the show Pete, probably way too late now.

Well i've been plodding away finishing bits and pieces off when i can, getting close now though, it makes it harder when i always seem to be waiting for stuff to arrive.

Scored these seat belt plates from the engineer, he said it's what they use, had to get them in place so i could work out the angle and then order inertia reels that work at 75 degrees.

NASCO spark arresting tool  Wink

Ended up having to get an extra leaf thrown in the springs, every time i added another part the old girl got lower and lower in the rear, the guy at King springs said they don't recommend re tempering old springs because they can come out too brittle and likely to snap, only $171 thought that was bloody cheap myself, sits a lot better now.

Pedro

F4+
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: May 04, 2014, 05:52:51 PM »

Love it Pedro,looks great! Cool

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
CoolFCWgn

View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: May 13, 2014, 12:19:52 PM »

Pedro, any chance of a photo of the belts installed ? I would be interested in how you have worked the lower mount.

Great looking car, it's a credit to you.

Ian.
JOX515
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: May 13, 2014, 08:01:40 PM »

G'day Pedro,

When you put the short stainless strip on the passenger rear qtr (between the back door and filler cap) what clips did you use to hold them in? The rares package says it is the white plastic ones but it would need a bloody big hole to fit them firmly in place.....

Cheers, Graeme

pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: May 17, 2014, 08:57:13 AM »

No worries Ian, haven't had time lately the boss is away so i'm doing his job and mine at the moment.

Graeme i bought some universal Chevy clips off ebay( universal type moulding fasteners part no. G.M.3944866), the plastic ones were useless i chucked them in the bin, you'll find there aren't enough of the other clips either but ( MOULDING CLIPS AND NUTS! 1930's thru 1950's CHEVY FORD CHRYSLER ETC 52-27A) are exactly the same.

I didn't want to mount the reel on the wheel arch as i've seen others do so i tried to hide them as much as i could, if i'd done this before the car was painted i would have modified it so it sat on the inside and was completely hidden, I used a Pete's seat belt plates as they fitted almost perfectly in the pillar, only problem is it just catches on the seat so i will have to raise the arch in it a bit luckily i haven't had them reupholstered yet.

Pedro

F4+
JOX515
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: May 17, 2014, 06:50:20 PM »

G'day Pedro,

Thanks for the info on the clips - ebay here I come....

Love the way yours has come together, it is one really nice wagon.  Hope you don't mind, but am going to ask Pete if he can knock me up an intake system similar to yours. It looks great and is nice and clean and simple.

Cheers, Graeme
CoolFCWgn

View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: May 19, 2014, 10:16:11 PM »

Thanks for posting the pics of the belts Pedro.

I was thinking of mounting mine further back on the wheel arch using 60 or 75 degree belts,  possibly behind the panel.

Ian.
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: May 20, 2014, 06:42:52 PM »

Too easy guys i've had heaps of help from people on this site too  Smiley, the ones i used are 75 deg. ones Ian so if you put them further back you'll need a different angle, I just taped a piece of paper on the side where i wanted it to fit drew the horizontal line with a level, drew a line between the top and bottom mounting points and then used a protractor to get the angle, too easy  Wink , fine with me if you use the same intake Graeme i'm just grateful to Pete for making it for me, Pete wasn't that keen on it but i reckon it looks shit hot myself, love that bling lol.
   Pedro

F4+
CoolFCWgn

View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: May 25, 2014, 08:36:05 PM »

Pedro, Did some work on mounting the rear belts in my wagon today , out of interest, referring to your post again I noticed the pillar on mine looks to be fairly different in construction to yours, I will be lucky to get a 22 or 23mm wide plate in mine, I presume made at a different factory to yours.
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: May 26, 2014, 03:55:10 PM »

I can't understand why that would be Ian they should all be identical no matter where they were built, I did have to cut my plates down a bit but not that much and I cut the pillars open and slipped them inside is that what you have done?, hard to see in the pic and i can't take another or check the measurement at the moment as the old girl is down at my mates business getting hooked up to a diagnostic computer to find why it won't rev in gear.

Pedro

F4+
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: May 26, 2014, 04:07:58 PM »

So close to being finished now, so stoked in how she's turned out, just the kickboards and rear cargo panels to go, have to get some speakers first so i know how big the holes have to be, engineers next, thought i'd take some pics while i had the wagon and scoot cleaned up ready for the local car show.

Pedro

F4+
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: May 26, 2014, 10:28:56 PM »

Looking great Pedro.

Nice to see the all the work finally coming together

Gary

Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: May 27, 2014, 12:42:43 PM »

Your wagon is looking fantastic, Pedro!

I love the Harley's matching chaser rims  Cheesy

Regards,

Josh.
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: May 29, 2014, 02:34:06 PM »

Thanks guys it's been a long haul but all worth it in the end, never even noticed the wheels till i saw these pics Josh, they do match well don't they Grin
   Pedro

F4+
SC00P

View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: May 29, 2014, 08:24:40 PM »

Awesome thread!! Great work Mate!!!
FCV08

FE FC Club of QLD

View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: May 29, 2014, 08:28:20 PM »

Fantastic job Pedro

Are you heading over to Cooly Rocks on the long weekend?

Cheers

Craig D
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: