FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:47:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Who owns these?  (Read 8568 times)
Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« on: November 07, 2007, 09:25:09 AM »

Found them in a message board thread that a friend wrote about my FC ute and one of the replies linked these pics. Anyone here own them?

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
Geoff_K
nsw-club

The 2 BAY s

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 03:38:03 PM »

Hi Paul,
Yes I have spoken to both owners.
The white car is pictured in Petersham NSW, and the lady owner is up in Sydney from Melbourne.
The Black car is owned by a 'colourful' young guy who's into the 'goth' look.  He has run the car at Eastern Creek nostalagia drags, and says the car is about as far out as you can get, without being deregistered. He was sponored by a speed shop up Dural way.
Cheers  Geoff_K
craiga
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 04:41:51 PM »

is owned by a 'colourful' young guy

Nice politically correct answer Geoff.

From what I remember he just needed to pull his pants up.............................

WTF is that whole pants down, undies/arse hanging out thing about anyway?  Undecided

And if he's sponsored by a speed shop, then they're severely misprepresenting themselves - cause its as slow as a Datsun 120Y with a slipping clutch. Grin Grin

Good to see a young guy into FC's though.

NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 05:44:35 PM »

he is just muking around with it at the moment, he is preparing for big plans, my guess is soon it will eat xu-1's with triple webers for breakfast, i thought he was sponsored by route 66 wich is more of a clothing shop, that is why he wears his pants a specail way, he is reprsenting a clothing store. i could be wrong, i didnt even know there was a speed shop in dural.
 good thing about this car is he uses it, i have seen it about, more often than any members cars, even in the city late at night while many other old holdens are scared to come out of bed, or maybe just the old owners are.

Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 05:55:13 PM »

There used to be a flamed front cut of an FE in Wheels and Doll Baby opposite Route 66 on Crown street in Surry Hills.

Dural is the origin of the coolest of Kool cars   Cool Cool Cool

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 06:43:59 PM »

Surely no-one needs convincing on the merits of whitewalls. But if they did, the pictures of that FE would almost certainly put them on the right path.  Grin

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2007, 10:28:45 PM »

Here's another look at the black car.

The car was running in mid 18's from memory. Last time I spoke with him, he had some serious US muscle on the boat from the USA and was hoping for some respectable times from it's big block set up. I think the FC is his daily driver and he was doing what we all do, having some fun with an old car.
As for the foot of underpants showing above the jeans look, that's not for me, but it seems to work for him. Everytime I have seen him, he has had 1 or 2 cute looking young ladies on his arm, so.....
Regards
Alex

customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2007, 10:36:05 PM »

Oh, and I almost forgot.
CraigA...
If Geoff's answer was PC, yours was far from it.
Put shit on the guys car, attack him personally.......you forgot to kick his dog.
Lighten up dude.
Is there some background here that I am unaware of?
Regards
Alex

craiga
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2007, 09:15:11 AM »

Put shit on the guys car, attack him personally.......you forgot to kick his dog.

Possibly you mis-read the post, especially this part.

Good to see a young guy into FC's though.

Take a chill pill Alex.
reddo

its gottab holden -  ok!!!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2007, 10:12:05 AM »

"As for the foot of underpants showing above the jeans look, that's not for me, but it seems to work for him. Everytime I have seen him, he has had 1 or 2 cute looking young ladies on his armShocked Shocked Shocked....."

Thats it then... i am goin' straight home to tear the arse out of my Levis and show my "i love old Holdens" Jockeys Cool Cool Cool Cool.
Gotta do it that way . If i pull my jeans down a foot below my hips the bastards fall down to my ankles.... end up lookin like Ford driver. Tongue Tongue Tongue
Got me stuffed how they manage to stop em droppin off  ( the jeans not the girls)while they are walkin' around.... Velcro or something Roll Eyes Tongue

Reddo
Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2007, 11:06:58 AM »

Guys,

It's not the pants that gets the girl..

It's the car, so don't go ripping the arse outa your 501s just yet.

My step son thinks its cool to pull his pants down, so everytime he does it I pull 'em up and give him a wedgie, or drop something down the back of his pants.. good for a laugh.

It got to such crisis point that his school enforced the wearing of belts!

Each to their own style and choices though, if everyone was the same it would be dull.

I love the chequered (checkered?) bonnet, Alex, that photo screams fun, cool and different, one of my fave pics.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2007, 07:41:25 PM »

ive spoken to him a few times over the years, he seems to be a pretty cool bloke, i can see him trying to line up against craig now, once the big block is in that is, craig you better get tuning, might be time to finally get serious with the 202, getting a GTR to do 13's is like getting a FC to do 18"s wich is like 3 seconds faster than standard.
 as for the pants, the top is probably stretch from chicks trying to get into them, it always used to happen to me, i personally like mine up just enough so you can see the bulge at the front but not to high and no i dont wear a sock in there, its all real.
 i remember this guy now, i think he was the one at wsid laughing and saying "hey, check out the harry highpants in the torana" Grin Grin Grin

anyway i like that FE, it reminds me of when my wagon was white and had red rims, i should have gone whitewalls then.

waynos

patience grasshopper

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2007, 08:11:37 PM »

his name is josh  and he works at route 66 hence the car being in the city all the time.i was laughing my ass off at the last nostalgias when it did 19 or 20 secs but you gotta love a daily driver out there having a go.inspired me big time.low budget drag cars are where its at.that's where i;m headed and everyone's laughing at me.stuff em all,you gotta be into something right. my mate knows him well and has been telling me his new beast is a big block chevy nova.hang shit on him whatever but he's having fun hey
waynos

The grinder is mightier than the sword.
ratbox

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2007, 10:17:32 PM »

we have a laugh at him and his mates dress sense and hair do's, each to there own he's quite welcome to have a laugh at us in our stubbies and flannos, we call him alice coopers love child
on the car side of things it may not be the fastest car around but he's out there useing it and haveing fun, and doesn't have it tucked away in a garage  telling everybody about it over the inernet and only bringing it out when there's the possability of a trophy and the weather man gauarantees no rain in the foreseeable future  Roll Eyes
waynos

patience grasshopper

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2007, 09:46:14 AM »

sorry but i think his name's luke not josh.he's a cool cat had probs with my 4 speed my mate talked to him basically offered to me for nothing stop raggin shit on the poor guy.

craiga
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2007, 09:51:02 AM »

My post wasn't meant as any disrespect to this guy, but the whole underpants out thing I still don't understand, and probably never will, but I didn't get why people dressed like the Bay City Rollers either. Tongue Sorry if I offended.

My point to his car not being fast was in direct reference to the post indicating he was sponsored by a 'speed' shop. I wasn't laughing at him, just at the fact that an 18 second car could be sponsored by a speed shop. All power to him if he has bigger plans, and I hope he whips my arse at WSID in a few weeks time when I take my car out - that's if "there's the possability of a trophy and the weather man gauarantees no rain in the foreseeable future"  Roll Eyes

And now I've apologised and pulled my head in for inadvertantly flaming this guy, to those who decided that they'd have a go at me and one of my cars as retribution - f^&k off - please.

Best Regards,

Craig.
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2007, 01:00:04 PM »

What about why people go drag racing I think it is all about you are [RACING] not what you have at home not what you are building what your sitting in when you leave the line on the day and I don't think any one goes there to lose and when the lights drop the bullshit stops.  undies up or down FC427

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
waynos

patience grasshopper

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2007, 06:02:30 PM »

thanks fc427 its all about fun 

melburgorbust

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2007, 03:52:13 PM »

well i recon thats a couple of damn nice cars there, i would be more then happy to be seen cruising in either one. there is a whole new generation of 'classic' drivers out there who get kicks out of driving their beauties every day, driving the sort of cars that most people cant imagine drivign anymore because they are supposed to be too slow/unsafe/underbraked/just generally old. I have a '67 122S amazon which i drive 7 days a week and i say cudos to everyone else who does similar. Infact i setup 'Melburg Or Bust' to try to highlight these daily driving younger enthusiasts (although all are of course welcome) as i recon they deserve soem respect and a chance to get to geter with their rides and have a good time.  hopefully u boys can get over to it and check out the scene (and participate by all means).  thanks for the heads up, i will have to drop a couple of flyers past Route 66 next time I'm in town.

Ryan

http://www.melburgorbust.com

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: