FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 08:19:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: EH ute stolen - please keep an eye out  (Read 5977 times)
Dave_EH

Keep on Holden' on

View Profile
« on: November 05, 2007, 10:08:49 PM »

A memeber of my EH club has had his ute stolen, please keep an eye out for parts:

Hi all, I havent posted for while I am stuck here in sunny London.

I have found out that my EH UTE has been stolen from storage located
at Acacia Ridge in Brisbane.

Here is a description of the car.

Black with red pearl, large Red Back spider painted on the bonnet
and tailgate and on the interior of the doors, and out of the flutes in the front guards. The lining of the tray bed is fiberglass with a big redback eating a EH ute. The recessed fiberglass ute lid has a big cob web in the corner near the driver with litle redback babies in it.
Rb30 turbo motor, intercooler etc, 5 speed, independant rear end out
and axle setup out of a nissan.

Some things that will distinguish the car, the door locks and handles have been removed and replaced with button openers.
The guards have Torana GTR flutes, and the lip slightly widened and re radiused. The rear ute lip has been removed, raised and recessed,
sunroof, the ute tray area has been heavily modified due to the rear suspension and fuel tank and chassis strengthening. The inner guards have been tubbed. The front inner guards have been slightly modified to suit a coil over/strut stlye front end and power rack. Along with openings to the turbo's intercooler tubing.

The doors have been modified for electric windows and central locking
as well as Air back provisions. ( no front quater glass )
The cab was lengthen back into the tray area about 50MM as well.

The dash metal has been heavily modified with a custom dash ( with passanger air bag), and digital guages from the States.
The gear box tunnel has been modified also to suit the T5 gear box,

The interior has Lexus ls400 heated seats, the steering column and contols are from the lexus (it has airbags as well).
The interior is trimmed in camel and ostrich hide.

There are so many other things that were modified that I have lost track really.

The engine, gearbox,turbo,diff,wheels,panels and alot of other parts
have a engraving on them.....red100470....

As you could appreciate I have spend over $100k on this car and was
to show it a summernats this year.
I have aged 10 years since hearing she has been stolen....

If anyone sees these parts or a sus of parts the buy please
email this site or tonsteph@bigpond.com

I have no idea how it was stolen.........they would have needed a flat bed truck as the car electrics have
computor operated kill and firewall to protect it.......The fence was cut down and a car or truck rammed through the gararge door...............Then it was torn off........

SLED if you could post to the Ozrodders that would be great........Could you let them know that alot of parts have the ID on them..........

I really cant understand.............They could never sell some of the parts or the body parts as they are
so uniquely modified..........even the interior.........I havent seen anything in Australia like it.......
TAYZ
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 10:28:06 PM »

I wont rave on cause Im sure all bases are covered.  Someone has definately known it was there that has dealt with it somewhere along the line.  Best thing to do is get it advertised EVERYWHERE and get the word out EVERYWHERE.  I also think it definately would be worth offering a reward for any information regarding the incident.  I hope yr mate had it insured.  If the word gets out someone wont be able to help themselves, there is definately no honour amongst thieves.  Im sure the local CIB are onto it.  Feel sorry for yr mate if he is overseas.  Good luck and tell him to keep his chin up you never know.
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 08:11:46 AM »

How about some pics!

You would have to be somewhat stupid to steal something so easily identified.

I hope it was insured at least.

Chees

Ed

in the shed
Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 09:07:07 AM »

So, that sounds a pretty interesting ute, pictures would have been good.

If the thieves are reading this - I'll give you 25K and ship it over to me..... Grin

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
reddo

its gottab holden -  ok!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 09:34:04 AM »

What a bunch of lowlifes.
How in the hell do they think they are gunna sell the bits n pieces of such a unique car . They would be mad to try and unload bits here in OZ.

The sound way too organised to be just a bunch of local hoons looking for something to flog around for one nights joy ride.

BASTARDS Angry

I get around a hell of a lot of east coast swap meets. Will keep my ear to the ground and eyes wide open.

Reddo

I
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 07:33:17 PM »

I know how he must feel I had my one tonner stolen after I had just finished a full ground up rebuild and had only done about 100 ks since being finished and the the parts I collected over 10 years  and the hundreds and hundreds of hours I spent getting every thing 100% all gone and the car was booked in to be reassessed for insurance in another two days they had drooped the value to market value and wanted to give me $1,200 for my car that owed over $30,000 + all my work. In hope that my car would turn up one day I did not take there lousy $1,200 otherwise the car would become their property and and and I have been to so many car shows and swap meets looking  all over the east coast from Victoria to Queansland and done thousands of miles with out a trace I will be on the look out for that EH as well F#*KN ARSE HOLES car thieves FC427

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
Dave_EH

Keep on Holden' on

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2007, 12:03:08 AM »

There has been a somewhat sad update...

Here is the latest info from the owner - still worth keeping an eye out for him, however the running gear could end up on the nissan/VL "market...?"

Its just after 5 in the morning here in London
Its not good news ladies and gents.
`Redback' my EH Ute is a write off and unrepairable.
From what my brother has just finished telling me anyway......
They took the front end off from the cab forward,gearbox,diff the usual stuff as well as the interior.....
Then they took to the cab and ute section with what the police say was probably a axe and a sledge hammer. The roof front pillars where cut through and they had jumped on the roof or something.... colapsing it..it was striped bare...
Then the torched it......................not a straight panel left.

The parts list....To look for if you interested...

• The bonnet has been modified.....it opened and raised electrically
    so the monting points changed.
  • The guards have a larger radius and slightly pumped out as well as a reworked headlight surround.
    There was no normal radiator support, but if anyone sees a highly pollished fabricated radiator/intercooloer/oilreserve/oil cooler combined with a shroud to suit 2 thermo fans...this replaced the standard radiator support.....it also incorporated a full billet grill.....its hard to miss....has REDBACK engraved in the top....
  • Pollished `A' arms and bilstein coil overs...front....Group A 13 inch
    brakes cross drilled and 4 pot calliper(red 2 pack)...billet polished
    spindals 1.5 inch drop. The bumper was modified to suit proximaty sensors and airbags sensors as well as it had been modified to shape to a point...very unique.....
  • The doors have no door handles or locks....no quater glass supports..
    and are heavily modified on the inside, for airbags,power windows and locks, no standard door handles either..all electric...
  • The dash...hard to miss...console has A/C lines formed into it...etc....seats are cut down LS400 heated electric seats with memory.....hard to miss...
  • The guages are full digital Dakota guages (one off red display)....in KLMs...etc...
    with billet polished aluminium surround.....
  • T5 5 speed w57 (not sure here but definately T5) black/red 2 pack with a cob web details on it...modified support spoints for the eh...
    With forged 1ST and 2nd gears...
  • The diff is detailed similarly but with a pollished diff casing
    Its a Nissan Pintara IRS diff 28 spline with modified support and spring points.....Bilstien coil over springs....Group A 13 inch cross drill discs and 4 pot soldier bracks...with brake fail sensors...can not miss this one....
  • The engine is a RB30 motor....Forged block....one off forged stroker crank ( takes the capacity out to 3.3 ltrs) forged one off pistons..
    extensive head work.....(head,block,crank and cam all have ID codes
    RED100470 stamped on them
    )
  • This motor was Dynoed at 589hp at the wheels on with alot more available...easily over 700hp...
    It will stand out as well it has polished intake with `Redback' and a spider engraved on it, custom rocker cover....pollished...again with detailed cobwebs and small spiders engraved.......

• The wheels a billet highly pollished 17 x 9,17 x 6 wheels
    they look like a curved web.....centres are billet with
    `real' redback spiders cast in resin as the centre piece.....
    This goes with the gear Knob as well........
Thanks all.... if you all can look out for this stuff.......
Im really %$#@ off right now.......
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2007, 09:26:14 AM »

That really sucks, why could they just take the parts and leave the rest without destroying it  Angry
I think these guys need a lesson in the tensile strength of piano wire vs scrotum.

Have you posted on any Commodore forums? Street Commodores comes to mind and I think it has a lot of traffic.

reddo

its gottab holden -  ok!!!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2007, 10:30:56 AM »

Cry Cry Cry
Unbelievable Angry Angry Angry.

He has my ( and a lot of others i would imagine) sympathy.
To hear that these arseholes managed to get this car out of its shed and do what has been done sickens me.
I just cant fathom the mentality. I have seen cars stolen for odds and ends and then left dumped , but to attack something as unique as this car and steal bits that will never be able to be used on another vehicle ( due to the uniqueness) is just beyond my comprehension.... is it jealousy or what?Huh

Also is a big wake up call to all of us who take car security lightly .
You can never be too cautious.

The opportunity to steal your car presents itself to thieves more often than we think. How often do you leave the car in the driveway unlocked, pull up at a shop or petrol station and walk away from the car leaving it unlocked. Maybe not with the keys in it but easily accessable to some lowlife Huh Huh Huh

He has my heart felt condolences.

Reddo

NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2007, 07:26:24 PM »

Thats Crap.

Damo58

old holdens never die they just go faster  :)

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2007, 06:32:54 PM »

bring back corporal punishment and i want to be the first one to throw the stone Grin

Iam good just ask me Smiley
fc_mad

in the build

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2007, 06:53:57 PM »

who ever nicked isn't a bright spark if he stole something so unique
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2007, 06:57:13 PM »

WHY CAN"T WE USE BRICKS Huh???or would that make death to quick FC427

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
Paul In Ireland
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2007, 02:53:09 AM »

It sounded like a really amazing job. I know its too late but a couple of pics would have been good to see - maybe inspire someone...

One lesson to be learnt - and I have learnt this elsewhere - don't undervalue your work and insure accordingly. Imagine what it would cost if you have to pay someone to do everything you did to the car/ute/van/whatever. Thats how the insurers work and thats what you should insure to cover. Luckily, as classic cars the insurance should be significantly less for cars only driven on a sunny sunday or to a show versus daily drivers.

Too late for this poor bloke but not too late for lessons to be learnt.

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: