FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 06, 2024, 03:24:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: ID Plate numbers  (Read 10481 times)
Martin

Model: FC

Jim

View Profile
« on: August 28, 2006, 12:01:24 PM »

This car is standing in a backyard - it may come onto the market shortly.  If it does I'll post it on the forum.

FE/225-4457M
Trim:  210-545
Paint 253-7772
        256-7704

Trim number seems incompatible, but I'm pretty sure I wrote it down correctly - maybe I was having a "senior's moment"!)

I didn't get the  chassis number or engine number.

Here's a pic (don't know why it appears so large - it's only 78K)

The liver is evil.  It must be PUNISHED

Martin
Marion.  South Aust.

Ebay user id:  lewis1411
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 10:31:13 AM »

Only one known in existence - Leon Green over Milford Green.  The 210 number is not right, but because I don't have any other cars in this colour scheme, I cant tell what it is supposed to be.

Ken
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 10:41:45 AM »

Cool.
Good work Martin.
Regards
Alex

Geoff_K
nsw-club

The 2 BAY s

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2006, 06:17:25 AM »

Martin,

I have checked out valid FE-225 Codes and I think the error is in reading the '4's as a '1', which is easy to do with the way they are stamped.
I believe the code to be:
FE-225-4457-M
Trim:  (210-545)  240-545
Paint (253-7772)  253- 7472
   256-7704
Paint Colour: Leon Green over Royal Marine
Trim: Persian Turquoise & Dolphin Green
Nothing else seems to come close to matching!
Chassis  and engine number would also be nice to get
Cheers,
Geoff_K
ridgey_didge
act-club

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2006, 06:34:27 AM »

Its odd that even though the paintwork is quite poor, the bonnet badge is in better condition than most.  There is much more colour in it than on most unrestored cars - in fact the colour seems more often completely faded away.  Maybe its parked so that it doesn't get much sunlight, but the rain can still get at it.

David

fe hotrod

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2006, 09:00:00 AM »

;)mmmm looks a bit like my fe when i got it!!id like to get my hands on this one though love the color,whatever it is!!cheers jamie Wink
Martin

Jim

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2006, 09:20:28 PM »

Ken, sorry about the numbers - I realised when I got home that the 210 didn't work.  Maybe I was having a senior's moment  Wink  Shocked

Geoff K might very well have the answer.

I'll try to get another visit and re-check the numbers in the near future.

Whatever the correct numbers are, it certainly is a different colour combo.

Martin

Martin
Marion.  South Aust.

Martin

Jim

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2006, 09:24:15 PM »

Here's a rear-end look.

Martin
Marion.  South Aust.

RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2006, 12:29:05 AM »

Martin,

I have checked out valid FE-225 Codes and I think the error is in reading the '4's as a '1', which is easy to do with the way they are stamped.
I believe the code to be:
FE-225-4457-M
Trim:  (210-545)  240-545
Paint (253-7772)  253- 7472
   256-7704
Paint Colour: Leon Green over Royal Marine
Trim: Persian Turquoise & Dolphin Green
Nothing else seems to come close to matching!
Chassis  and engine number would also be nice to get
Cheers,
Geoff_K

I don't know about that.  That body colour doesn't look like Royal Marine, which is much closer to blue than green.

Both Milford and Leon Green are 1956 colours, and appear one after the other in the paint book.  What's weird is that the car looks more like Milford Green over Leon Green than vice-versa.

If you get another chance to check the ID it would be very interesting indeed.  There are a range of codes 215-219 not allocated in the Exterior Trim documentation.  I wonder if this could be 218 or 216 instead of 210?

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2006, 04:59:38 AM »

Richard,

If the paint tool colours are in any way accurate, they support Leon Green over Royal Marine for the body colours.

Either way an interesting colour scheme.

regards
John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
HAD 708

Holdens and the Mighty Woodsmen truly magnificent

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2006, 06:10:37 AM »

I am with Richard in that the color is definetly not royal marine as pictured maybe it was repainted at some time but as shown and allowing for 50 years of fading definetly not royal marine
Cheers
Brett

Brett Gillard
Geoff_K
nsw-club

The 2 BAY s

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2006, 07:08:02 AM »

Hi,
All I attempted to do was to match valid codes with the paint number and try and explain poor quality stamping, however the following codes note:
Code 210 is 'Cascade White over Etna Maroon', which the car definitely is not.
Code 216 is 'Castle Grey over Corsair Tan'
Code 218 is 'Castle Grey over Corsair Tan'
Codes 213, 215, 217, 219 missing
Code 220 is 'Seacrest Green over Ocean Mist Green'

'Leon Green' 7 valid codes, 2 single tone, + 5 two tone with 'Royal Marine'
'Milford Green' 10 valid codes, all single tone cars (+ Vauxhall Velux 56)
I think this needs a another look if 'Royal Marine' looks too green
Cheers
Geoff_K
Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2006, 08:37:18 AM »

Hi all.

I accept that the paint tools, whilst an exceptional resource, are a bit tricky. My FE is Shoreline Beige, modelling it on the paint tools, it looks grey.

What ever colour the base one is, it is not Milford Green too light and a definite green. The base colour of the car in question is in the blue spectrum and both Leon Green and Royal Marine are grouped in this area.

Unfortunately, I've never seen this colour, but Geoff's view looks sound to me. If it isn't Royal Marine its one of the other deep blue/greens.

Cheers
John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
craiga
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2006, 08:47:07 AM »

When I made the paint tools the idea was to provide a resource that showed colours that were representative of what the original Balm colour book showed. The tool was developed using a CRT monitor with a specific colour profile and settings, and I can assure you that they were sampled directly from the Balm paint chips.

However, it should be remembered that the monitor you are looking at them on has its own way of displaying colours - I would never take them as correct on anyone elses monitor except the one that I wrote the program on.

This is also true of the people making comment about the actual colour of the car - based on what? The colour profile and capability of Martin's camera - the background light and direction, the 50 year old paint, AND the colour profile and capability of your own monitor.

Any takers on the colour of the car now  Roll Eyes

Cheers,

Craig.

4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2006, 09:00:36 AM »

Hi.
Whatever it is, it is going to be a VERY low mileage car. Why? Did anyone note the super old SA plate? This style plate would have been superseded very early on in these cars.

Just to throw another spanner in the works, what is the FB like behind it?? Wink

Craig,
When I put my monitor on "Black & White", all the colour samples change? Is this normal? Shocked Shocked Wink

Rob J
« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 09:55:58 AM by 4hammers » Logged

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
craiga
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2006, 11:19:50 AM »

When I put my monitor on "Black & White", all the colour samples change? Is this normal?

No Rob, its just Tasmania.

Enough said.  Wink
« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 11:20:32 AM by craiga » Logged
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2006, 03:46:08 AM »

When I made the paint tools the idea was to provide a resource that showed colours that were representative of what the original Balm colour book showed. The tool was developed using a CRT monitor with a specific colour profile and settings, and I can assure you that they were sampled directly from the Balm paint chips.

This too can be misleading - the paint chips in the original books darken over time, and aren't even necessarily representative of the true colour to begin with.  When they were new, maybe, but not 40 years later.

But I do concur with what Craig says, and have said as much to anyone who has asked me for paint formulae.  I heard of someone printing out the page from the Tech info site with all the colour swatches on an inkjet printer with plain paper in it and taking that to a spray-painter, who fortunately had the common sense to get the real formula from PPG (and no, let's not start that discussion again...)

To people seeking formulae I generally recommend getting the colour matched from areas under the door trim cards to be certain of replicating the true colour.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
the_love_god

DARK & STORMY

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2006, 05:28:55 AM »

Theres been a lot said here about colours ,if you need a colour chip of a FE or FC and want 100% of the TRUE colour let me know, and l can get 500ml mix and send to you ,the price of paint could be around $35. Cool  paint life on the car, in the 50s last up to 6 to 7 years tops in any condition ,becuse the pigment in the paint (thats the colour) breaks down and starts to turn in to a lighter or darker shade ,in the 22 years of painting cars and restoring early girls ,l have seen so many colours changing and the best only way is get it mix the way l do it ,l have 85% of colour from 1948 and onward ,there is not many others have what l got ,unless someone has rang PPG for a colour remade,This is one of the sevices l provide in my bussiness. cheers AlfioM
FEHOLDEN

like all good things...it will happen eventually.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2006, 08:23:08 AM »

giday all

I remember seeing this combination before.The car belonged to our p.e. teacher Mrs. Miller and the year was 1970[so sorry no hope of an id  Cry] I remember really liking the colour combo but most of all it was and still is the earliest regisrered fe i have seen. It had vic reg. GM?-???[sorry it was a long time ago and i was only 7 at the time Roll Eyes] Too much to believe it is the same car as Ken has on file but you never know hey.

Denis
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 08:26:28 AM by FEHOLDEN » Logged
blacky

Model: other Holden

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2006, 09:07:18 AM »

It looks like its in pretty good nick whatever colour it is, how is it rustwise Martin ? Would it like to come and live in Kalgoorlie ?  Grin

I spent most of my money on beer , fast cars and women - the rest I just wasted.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: