FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 06, 2024, 03:29:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: ID Plate numbers  (Read 10486 times)
earlyholdenfan

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2006, 09:42:29 PM »

I am with 4hammers, what is he FB like hehe

Hey Blacky if the FE wants to live in WA, maybe the FB would ike to move to VIC?? hehe

Matt
ridgey_didge
act-club

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2006, 10:02:23 PM »

The FE is the same colours as used in one of the original ads.  I think it is the one that says "Beautiful, Colourful" or something like that.  I have a copy somewhere, but not a digi photo of it.  Maybe someone else can post the ad as a point of comparison.

Cheers,
David

collecta
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2006, 12:46:01 PM »

To answer a few questions the car is definately royal marine with leon green roof and upper doors on the interior.it has had substantial paint on left side which is peeling showing original colour, paint colour match was appalling so does not give true colour in photos.
it has 30,485 on the clock this owner is the third owner but did not actually register the car to himself as it had only a few days rego and then it was parked and left over 10yrs ago.opened the glove box ( can anyone tell us where the term glove box came from) and inside was its original owner handbook. it has one of the cleanest trims ive seen and also comes with the airchief radio non push button type still working according to owner when parked.

As for the black and white plates they were used right up to hd /hr here in S.A.

it does suffer from rust in most usual places but does have alot of potential.Have struck a deal with the owner for the vehicle but im going back with battery, petrol and a jack just to have my fifth look, and see if i can get her started.and then haggle some more.

The FB has alot of bad rust from what i can see and is not for sale, i did ask.

revised numbers are:
      FE 225 4457M
trim 240-545
paint 253-742
RPO 253-7472
eng. no. L518815
chassis no. 7 23950 M

Ken
maybe you can explain as im confused  engine aparrently has not been changed but the number puts car as NOV. 58 build with the actual id no. 4457M and the chassis no. as the 22,950th built in melb.Huh? please explain

cheers
Scott

i collect old holdens coz they never die!
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2006, 02:26:50 AM »

Hi Scott,

Either the engine number has been transcribed incorrectly or it's been replaced.  The engine number guide is only approximate, but it's not that far out.

L318815 would seem more likely for that ID and chassis combination.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2006, 09:27:32 AM »

I would say engine has been changed, I have a lot of good data around that area and engine number should be L365___

Regards   Ken
collecta
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2006, 09:43:16 AM »

thanks RET,Ken.

i also took a close up of the engine number and it is definately a no. 5 not a 3, so the motor has been replaced at some stage then.

cheers
Scott

i collect old holdens coz they never die!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: