FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:37:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Pimp my Ride...  (Read 10988 times)
20.4_seconds

The ox is slow, but the earth is patient!

View Profile
« on: November 10, 2005, 12:18:05 PM »

...............................PIMP MY RIDE.......................

For those of you who don't have satelite/cable tv, check this show out....it starts friday night 9.30pm on ten...

It's a Yank show, basically doing up old bomb's....quite good.

Nick

All I  want for Christmas is a Smiths clock bracket and knurled knobs
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 01:40:49 PM »

Watched every episode (39 eps?) and loved it, the kids love it and even my wife watches sometimes.
Be warned though, 50% of the time they show how NOT to do things to a car.

smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2005, 09:38:40 PM »

i watched the first series and loved it, p***ed myself laughing at some of custom work, like the chandelier in the trans am (i think), coffee maker in the centre console and 20k worth of custom work to the little micro van. but your right it would be nicer to see how they do the work. but there are some sweet ideas. it'd be a fun shop to work in though.

dean

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
nicko
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2005, 01:06:05 PM »

watched my first episode tonight ,interesting gear been installed but bit boring till last car,did an c10 chev ute,made an awsome skull and crossbones front grill, with pool table in the back.

fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2005, 03:34:40 PM »

I liked the begining, but then they woosed it on the fairlane and waisted there time on some crappy to*^%a, if I was the first guy, and they did that, I would have punched them all out.

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2005, 12:06:41 PM »

I'm with you Leon....they totally woosed out on the Fairlane. I found myself yelling at the TV, saying "that's just not right.....rename the show". They could have made that Fairlane totally cool. I guess they couldn't find enough bolt on aftermarket parts for it and they know jack sh!t about true customising. Afterall, all they did was turn a few nuts and screws to get the transformation. How long do you think that '05 Forerunner would have lasted in that laneway? As for the ute....they coulda removed the old grill before installing the custom grill. Looked stupid with the old Chevy badge showing behind the skull. The paint was the coolest part of the show.
Regards
Alex

Hewart
nsw-club

Holden on forever...

profile.php?id=1071847991 hewart
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2005, 12:24:25 AM »

I watch this show all time on Foxtell.... Quite an addictive show I reckon! My wife and kids have also grown used to watching it... and we all enjoy it... Very light-hearted of an evening....

I don't know the "Fairlane" show you guys mention off hand, but usually they do a pretty good job on the crappy cars they start out with. The cars they start off with would never pass a road-worthy here in Australia that's for sure! They did a great job on an old, very rusty, 56 Chev (I think) once.... digital guages etc, and a nice flame paint on a 57 Chevy Van.

I love the paint jobs the best, the skill of the various painters they've had on is awesome.... they make it look so simple! Great detail sometimes too.

Who'd have all those monitors in your car anyway..... waterfalls, wireless playstations, etc Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

The worrying part is that because the show is so popular, other countries are starting to do them now.... the "Pimp my ride UK" that's just started on Fox is crap...!! I've only seen a couple of episodes (on Wednesday's I think they are)... one was an English taxi, and the other a Valiant hearse that they painted white of all colours!! The UK version came off very cheeeesey as they tried to copy the US format too much!

I hear there is also an Australian version in the pipelines with an EJ strech limo the recipient car (featured in the SSEHCC June newsletter Wink ).... it was already a stretched job, they are just "pimping" it up I hear....... maybe I should offer my wagon eh Lips sealed

The cars they start out with aren't my choice of car, but usually they do an OK job..... I like watching anyway!!

Cheers
Les....

fccool59

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2005, 10:27:54 AM »

I had heard they did real wild jobs, when I saw the fairlane I was thinking it might get something like rolled pans, some grill, hedlight and tailight treatment and maybe twin bubble and a set of chrome reverse wheels with spiders and candy paint but instead they just bought a new car and stuck thousands of dollars of junk to it.
I suppose they look like they are doing a great job to people with no knowledge of custom cars but I think they need to get some style and imagination. maybe they should sack those rapper guys and get some kustom guys.
I came close to starting a tv program with channel 31 wich was a community TV station, I had submitted the proposal and was given the go ahead for the make a pilot but then the station went of air and turned into a online only station so I gave up and went back to cleaning cars.
most of the program was going to cover cars in the build and how they were done.
I must admit the paint did look good but it is hard to tell good from bad on tv, I reckon that big van would have been a hassle to strip, maybe after they took that quick shot of them striping it they sent it off somewere to get blasted.
It was painfull to watch that fairlane keep turning into a new toyata and then the junk clad toyota.
What was this guy going to do, blow his diff up and hire a how to change your diff dvd, just to use that monitor under the car, they should have just stuck the diff pages from the manual to the floor and cleared over the top to save the young apprentice from getting a flat battery.
anyway, I guess it sure beats watching those stupid hospital and doctor shows.

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
Hewart
nsw-club

Holden on forever...

profile.php?id=1071847991 hewart
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2005, 11:59:15 AM »

I doubt that anyone anywere would spend a large amount of time and effort doing REAL custom work, or realistic ideas to these cars that belong to kids who clearly have no interest in looking after a car (judging by the original state the cars are in). The kids who get their cars pimped, for the most part don't even have a garage to store thier cars in when they are finished....

There's no real point to the show... it's just a light-hearted show, using tons of product placement (ad revenue), and making a few kids, who have had rough lives (drug problems etc) or are community-minded, or uni students without 2 cents to rub together a boost in their lives. Self esteem shite...

The amount of effort can be summed up with a new motor they replaced in one car once.... they bought it whole, took it from the cardboard box, and bolted the bugger straight in!!!! No hasstle, no actual reconditioning, and paid for by MTV.... and West Coast Customs gets the credit Wink Too easy!!

It ain't a custom show in the true sence at all, and doesn't really pretent to be.... just gimics!! You won't really pick up any custom, cut and tuck tricks on this show....

HARKO
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2005, 01:53:42 PM »

Did anyone see the Baja VW episode ? The poor girl loved it how it was .
20 inch wheels ,lowered and pansy paintwork made her cry rivers hehe.
fccool59

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2005, 10:56:05 AM »

you buy a baja bug to bash around on the beach or in the bush, maybe the 20" wheels could have affected its performance when used for what it was made for.

fe hotrod

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2005, 11:58:52 PM »

;)It was only a couple of months ago and i was visiting westcoast customs and got to see some of the tough cars that they really do put together,i think that the show pimp my ride is mostly for the cameras and the money!!!big dollars for 1 series,i heard 1 mill for a series??any way when i was there i got to look around at some of the rides in the lot and it was most impressive,also got to go in the office and met Q the manager of the place,heres a few pics of what i saw!!
fe hotrod

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2005, 12:04:21 AM »

fe hotrod

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2005, 12:05:44 AM »

fe hotrod

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2005, 12:14:16 AM »

fe hotrod

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2005, 12:16:51 AM »

check the sign on the gate!!
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2005, 12:49:37 AM »

The green chevelle is one of the cars from the show  Huh
Back in for a "proper" pimp maybe?

Martin

Jim

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2005, 01:07:29 AM »

Looks like 10 might be going to use the show as a fill-in, cos it wasn't on in SA on Friday.

Nice pics, FE Hotrod.  Thanks.  Sounds like you may have had an interesting trip.

Martin

The liver is evil.  It must be PUNISHED

Martin
Marion.  South Aust.

Ebay user id:  lewis1411
fe hotrod

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2005, 08:37:07 AM »

;)Cheers martin,i love most of the automotive shows on foxtel,as i may offend people by saying that american car,hotrod,bike builders pretty much set the benchmark when it comes to fabrication,i recently watched a show where chip foose built a hot rod using a wooden buck as a template he had 15 guys working on that hotrod for close to 6 years at a price tag of over 1 million,which totally blew every other hotrod out of the water!!aussies couldnt even compete on this scale as we dont have the population or cash,i also visited orange county choppers as im a bit of a fan,and there fabrication is out of this world,same thing again some of thier bikes are around the 150 thousand dollar mark,it was pretty kool to chat with the main fabrication man ,paul jnr for about 10 min,and for a month travelled around the states just doing car stuff was bloody great,anyone who is into cars it well worth the trip as i believe you wont see any thing as good!! Wink
fccool59

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2005, 09:09:37 AM »

I just got foxtel put on a couple of hours ago and noticed that one of the movies tonight is "the cars that eight paris", i bought this second hand for $45 2 years ago. it has FE and FC holdens wich take the term "RAT" to the extreme, it was filmed in sofala at the end of the sixties.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: