FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 16, 2024, 05:50:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: station sedan rear belts  (Read 3704 times)
FC-V8

Model: FC

Not enough hours in the day

View Profile
« on: April 16, 2002, 09:47:31 PM »

advice needed in fitting retractable seat belts to the the rear corner positions of a station sedan as there doesn't seem to be a suitable position for the top pivot bolt due to the screw on plate between the back door & the side window.so if anyone has worked this out or seen it done please let me know because it driving me nuts.

What it to rev ? install a CHEV !
0401-065-201
FE_225

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2002, 10:16:22 PM »

The retractable rear seat belts out of a HX Caprice don't have the top pivot point. The reel bolts to the parcel shelf and the bottom anchor point bolts to the front of the wheel well, there is no middle pulley or pivot. I'm not real familiar with the rear of the wagons, maybe you could use those somehow???
Hope this helps
Cheers
Tony

Worried about fuel economy?....Then buy a push bike!
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2002, 02:07:37 AM »

Hey Glenn,
How did you go with the demister?
For those of you looking for ducting hose, i saw a hose with 32mm ID at the pool shop, looks like kreepy krawly hose.

back to the seatbelts..
u need a reinforcing or spreader plate behind the bolt (45mm x 65mm x 3mm thick at a minimum) im not sure of the pillar can accomodate this?

anyway if it can, i was going to try sliding a plate up the inside of the pillar with a nut welded to the back of it, then plug welding the plate into place.

The cover on the pillar shouldnt be a problem since the sash guide bolt should be mounted on a spacer anyway to allow free rotation of the sash guide.  Cut a hole marginally larger than the spacer and sit it around the spacer.

My concern is the angle of the belt from the sash guide to the inertia reel.

Does an inertia reel work effectively at all angles?
Will you mount the reel on the wheel arch?

May have to check out some wagons for ideas..

I may try for a hidden installation of the sash guide bolt for the front belts too.

If anybody has inertias in their ride, how did u mount your reel?,, through the floor?

sorry if i had more questions than answers..

Ed

in the shed
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: