FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 30, 2024, 04:46:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Mounting to fix HR front end outrigger to an EK  (Read 3111 times)
EKman

I'll be a happy man once I get her on the road

View Profile
« on: April 21, 2005, 01:04:39 AM »

Hi Guys,

This EK with an HR front and rear end, 202 and 3 speed crunch box off the original 138 is my 1st project

Rare spares tell me that they cannot help with the outrigger mounting. Is such a mod available and is it something that will just bolt on or is welding required?

Also, any ideas where I can get a rear handbrake cable guide/mounting. I assume this will be a duplicate of what is used on an HR.

As these questions have probably been asked before, how can I easily find information on a previously discussed topic, within this forum?

Any advise/help would be greatly appreciated

Below I attempted to attached a pic of how the outrigger is currently fixed, but it does not seem to have worked

"F:\Data\Photography\EK\arm.jpg"

Thanks
Paul
TorqueFC
Guru

Modified?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2005, 02:20:43 AM »

hey paul
send me any pictures you want put onto the forum, and ill put them on for you
email: kenkanifff@hotmail.com

cheers
torque

ps: there are other alternatives to this but here it goes
castlemaine rod shop sell a changeover hr front end set up for ek, what they do is re make another front sections which is about 1 1/2 inches upwards, which means that it meats up to the front end mount properly, also i believe you get papers with it

i wil check out the price just in a tic and get back to you
« Last Edit: April 21, 2005, 02:28:21 AM by torquefc » Logged

tests have proven that the final words before a fatal urban car crash are "OH ****"

in a rural car crash they are " Hold my stubby and watch this for skill!"
TorqueFC
Guru

Modified?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2005, 02:31:41 AM »

P.O box 349
castlemaine 3450victoria
australia

phone:5472 2853
fax:5472 1241

email:rod@rodshop.com.au

in 2004s catalogue the changeover front end was $275, but the company has now changed hands so i am sure prices would have increased a little

tests have proven that the final words before a fatal urban car crash are "OH ****"

earlyholdenfan

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2005, 04:34:56 AM »

As these questions have probably been asked before, how can I easily find information on a previously discussed topic, within this forum?

Paul, on the top of the forum header, third in from the left is the search icon,  follow the prompts and you will find all you need there, check by keyword, topic or author, Good Luck
Cheers
Matt
TorqueFC
Guru

Modified?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2005, 09:52:40 AM »

hey paul

any luck with that problem? did you have any luck with the search engine?, did you ring the rod shop?

hope the info i gave you was helpful

cheers
torque

EKman

I'll be a happy man once I get her on the road

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2005, 11:48:48 PM »

Thanks for the info guys

A c/o HR crossmember modified with an EK outrigger will cost $250.00 from CRS. Rare Spares can also supply for $260.00

As I would rather not go through the pain (& cost) of replacing the crossmember, is there a "bolt-on" legal solution, which will allow fixing the HR outrigger, to the EK subframe?

Remember that  the HR outrigger currently sits 60 mm away from the subframe which it should be bolted to?

Cheers
Paul
sgo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2005, 12:11:57 AM »

Why not fabricate you own outrigger and weld it to the crossmember while its all in the car?

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2005, 09:42:28 AM »

The simple solution is to remove the original HR outrigger and get a FB, EK, EJ or EH outrigger and weld onto the HR.  It fits perfectly and bolts to the original crossmember mount.

Handbrake cable is made by disassembling the EK and HR cables.  Remove the plug ends from the HR cable that go into the backing plate, cut off the ball on one end of the EK cable and fit the HR plug ends to the EK cable ends.
Punch the wire out of the removed ball and then silver solder the ball back onto the cable.  The 10 mm shorter cable wont make any difference to the cable.

If you have trouble understanding this then give me a call and I will explain in more detail

Regards   Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: