FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 30, 2024, 01:05:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Holden Museum  (Read 13220 times)
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2003, 07:29:42 AM »

Now for the wagon

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
craiga
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2003, 08:07:07 AM »

Jim,

That's not an oil leak - it's just the car marking it's spot. Sort of like a dog marking it's territory.

Craig.
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2003, 08:55:25 AM »

Both of those are at the Birdwood Motor Museum. I have a shot of the wagon, but I hadn't seen the sedan there before.

Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2003, 09:05:21 AM »

Iwas in Adelaaide a cupple months ago and went to birdwood, went straight to the fc and wished mine was in such good nick, it looks even better in the flesh.
                                    cheers Rusty

Bogans rule
customFC
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2003, 12:54:18 PM »

The sedan and all the cars in the pic are from the Hughs Bros collection. Didn't know they ended up at Birdwood.
Regards
Alex

Shayne
qld-club

Just Cruisin'

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2003, 08:30:11 PM »

I will probably be corrected Alex, but I think Hughes Brothers still have part of their collection on display at Bendigo Pottery complex, and the rest of the collection was sold/split up.

Old Holdens Never Die Because Fools Like Me Keep Them Going
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2003, 10:00:13 PM »

I understand that there is a swapping arrangement between some of the Motor Museums (including Birdwood). I had returned to Birdwood a few years ago to get a closer look at the GTRX that had been there, I couldn't find it and asked the staff, I was told it was back in Sydney.

Some of the cars are locally owned too. I guess if you don't use your car much it is a good controlled environment to store it in.

The head curator recently contacted our club (Street Machine Assoc of SA) asking for cars to on a special display. Only catches were, they had the car for a full year and you only got one maintenence session during that year. You did however get free entry to Birdwood for the duration.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2003, 10:04:48 PM by stinky » Logged

Hewart
nsw-club

Holden on forever...

profile.php?id=1071847991 hewart
View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2003, 02:29:41 AM »

Thanks for the tip about the pics linking Norm...

As for the scrapyard pics Spinner, the shot is from the old Sims Metal scrapyard at Mascot, Sydney, circa 1973... as for what the train bits belong to, I'm afraid I can't help you... I'm still flat out working out which bits belong to which model Holden  Wink
Here is the original posting http://www.fefcholden.org.au/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=otherimg;action=display;num=1041420926;start=0

And as far as the Hughes Brothers collection... I was in Bendigo last month, and visited the pottery joint (with the Mrs), but there was definately no sign of the Huges Brother collection... I'm told via Ken, John and Leigh of the Vic FE/FC club that there are all gone.... sold. I even believe there was an article in Unique Cars Magazine last year about how Holden actually bought some of them.... the first old Holdens they'd bought in a long time.... I'll have to see if I can that too, I know I still have it somewhere...

Cheers
Les....
« Last Edit: December 09, 2003, 04:51:12 AM by Hewart » Logged

cajerridoc
sa-club

WHAT TO DRIVE TODAY?

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2003, 02:00:14 AM »

A Holden magazine had an article on the Hughes Brothers. It said they sold all bar a couple of their cars, mostly by approaching people that they thought would be interested. I bought a FE Station Sedan of theirs after it was traded in in Ballarat.
The Fe ute at the Echuca Musem was built by an Adelaide panel beater who was in to hot rods. It did have a murel on the tailgate but I believe he kept it. I bought a ute off him for parts and the tailgate was missing, now on the ute at Echuca I guess

The sticker says "I'd rather push my Ford than drive a Holden". I agree, I'd rather they pushed their Ford than drive MY Holdens!
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2003, 10:47:41 AM »

Some of the collection ended up in Birdwood, most to private collectors, glad to hear the wagon ended up in good hands.  I assume this is the Tuquoise/Grey one.
The ones bought by Holden are now in the Echuca museum.

Ken
cajerridoc
sa-club

WHAT TO DRIVE TODAY?

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2003, 01:53:07 AM »

Yes, it has a turquoise roof but the rest is off white. It even came with clear plastic seat covers.

The sticker says "I'd rather push my Ford than drive a Holden". I agree, I'd rather they pushed their Ford than drive MY Holdens!
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2003, 11:33:13 AM »

I believe that the FE wagon you have is probably the best original FE wagon (unrestored) in existence.  I was amazed at the condition of this car when I saw it and how good it was.
I had a really top nick original FE 229 for about 5 years (2 tone blue) and reluctantly sold it when I bought another FE which caught my eye.  I was very dismayed to learn that the new owners had crashed it and rolled it a number of times.  

Ken
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2003, 07:48:08 AM »

Hey CAJERRIDOC, Any chance of some pics of this FE Wagon?
Cheers, Gary
cajerridoc
sa-club

WHAT TO DRIVE TODAY?

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2003, 01:19:07 PM »

Here are some shots.

nicko
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2003, 01:23:03 PM »

thats amazingly clean, very rare indeed

normd

6 in a row , the way to "GO"

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2003, 02:01:42 PM »

Very Nice Wagon...........a "Real Gem".

Norm  Smiley

I Love My "FC" 192 . Old but still a "Rev Head"

R.I.P. Norm - A Great Mate to Everyone on the Forum.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: