FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:06:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 3 FC's  (Read 73549 times)
customFC
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2007, 07:28:52 AM »

Here's a few more pics from the 7th SM Nats.
3 V8's.....Vince's FE and Lindsay's and Alan's FCs.

Alan lined up for the burnout comp.

More pics to come.
Regards
Alex

craiga
« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2007, 07:40:17 AM »

Hi Alex,

I have seen Vince's FE a couple of times in the last few weeks, once at Parra Exhaust, and once at Chatswood on the road.

The car looks pretty tired, very dirty and well used, even had a ladder across the back seat. Its a credit to Vince in one way though, that the mechanical work he carried out has stood the test of time and daily use.

Still a cool car, and a talented guy.

And like others, Bob's car is a vivid memory - be good to hear the whole story of where it is today.

Cheers,

Craig.
fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2007, 10:05:46 AM »

i love these threads, I remember seeing vinces car when i was a kid of about 8 or 9 years old at a car show either in blactown westpoint carpark or bankstown square, it was a smick showcar with some hi tek features like a tv, the wheels that now would be called chasers were not really seen then
i saw it years later when i was all grown up at a run to rosies burger joint and it looked worn and had bog coming out but it was good to see he got his moneys worth out of the car, next time you see it craig, pull out your phone and take a pic.

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
customFC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2007, 11:15:11 AM »

BYEBYE has been Vince's daily driver car since it hit the road in 1985. Think about what the average VN Commodore looks like today and you can imagine the wear and tear the car has been put through. I believe Vince is talking about bringing the car back up to standard with a full or part rebuild. For those that are not familiar with the car, Vince built the car to full 1985 ADR's, with the rego papers reading '1985 Homemade'. Features included P76 V8, full aircon, articulated wipers, 1 piece door glass, 4 bucket seats, integrated rollcage, colapsable column, crashpad, as well as TV that he used to plug his laptop into for work, and lots of other tricks.
Craig.....added more pics in the thread about Bob's car.
Leon.....the car show you mentioned was at Bankstown.
Regards
Alex

craiga
« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2007, 11:46:23 AM »

You're right Alex, if you compare it to a VN Commodore then Vince is WAY in front ;-)

Vince's car is far from a wreck, just needs freshening up. 20 years of daily use takes it toll on all of us..........

I hadn't seen it for a long time and first saw BYE BYE again at Bob's place out at Dural - Club Christmas party about 4 maybe 5 years ago? Maybe 6? Anyway, like Leon and you I'm happy to see its lasted. And with the same owner, like Alan Hale's.

Cheers,

Craig.
customFC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2007, 11:46:48 AM »

Some more pics from the 7th SM Nats. Lindsay giving it a big go in the burnout comp.

A closer look.

A closer look. Check out that attitude.  Cool

Regards
Alex

customFC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2007, 11:17:57 AM »

Some more info on "Vic's FC".
Came across an article in Street Machine, June '89 showing what is obviously Vic's old car.
Now owned by Dwayne Gerdes, the article mentions that Dwayne bought the car as a rolling body less engine and trans, smoothed and painted in matt black. Now painted in Venetian Red with 307/350 combo.

Regards
Alex

customFC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2007, 06:10:40 AM »

Now here is a real treat.
Alan Hale has sent me some photos from his personal collection of his car and a few others, to share with everyone.

I have included what Alan wrote in his emails to explain the photos.

These 3 shots below are the earliest pics I have of the car still in it's original grey/grey colours (light grey roof only) .
I have just fitted the first Red motor,a 161 with a cam ,yella terra head ,extractors and a  Hitachi 2 barrel carby !! That got tossed for a Holley 500 2 barrel pretty quick !!
Chrome glove box/dash and gauges under the glove box that are still in the car today ..
I am about 16 years old there I think ?  about 1971 or 72.

The car is now painted in (the HQ version of 'Hot House' Green) I can't remember the correct name !! Still with 161 power,Tasman mags on the front only,funny looking 'Hood Ornament' !! and some white pin striping.. I also installed an M21 Aussie 4 speed in this timeframe.
I have my P plates so I would be 18 then 1973-74.
Still has 'Preston Motors' sticker in rear window ..

More to come.

Love the pic with the hood ornament, a classic 70's shot. I dig that pinstriping also.
Thank you for sharing your pics. Great to see the cars early years.
Regards
Alex

customFC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2007, 11:45:42 AM »

Some more pics from Alan's collection.

These are all from the 7th street machine nats,1986 I believe (I was on my honeymoon) !! Both Lindsay's car and mine were our wedding cars with Victor Reilly driving mine .

Anyway in pic number 3,that is our good friend John Peterson MK3 Zephyr leaning on Gunna's car. Pic number 4 over on the right is Peter Fitzpatrick's Brougham that he won the Go-Whoa with several times..

Still more coming.

Regards
Alex

customFC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2007, 01:12:38 PM »

Here's some more pics from Alan's personal collection.

First V8 install in 1976 ( I think),was a 350 I bought from some guys that had it in a race boat. I ended up sticking a rod out of it at Hot Rod drag meeting at Heathcote park.

Old Calder Park drag pics..And a shot from display at Holdens xmas party at Lang Lang proving grounds.(I used to work there then )

Wanna see more?
Regards
Alex

Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2007, 11:20:45 PM »

Wanna see more?

You are joking aren't you Alex, now just post the frickin photos  Grin

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 25, 2007, 10:23:04 AM »

Yes Alex post more.  Love the 70s stance on the car back then - looks tuff

Ken
madman

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2007, 11:25:46 AM »

Hi. love the site!!!  My Name is Mark, I was the owner of the FC when it was in black undercoat.... I bought Victor Reillys FC off him minus motor and box in mid 84, he was drag racing it for a while...and wouldnt sell it to me until he ran a 10 second pass which he did in early 84. When i got it I wanted to put it back on the street. It had been off the street for a whlile and whilst it was candy apple red, it had faded and had a few areas of undercoat on the body. One of the conditions of entry to the 86 street machine nats in canberra was that there was to be no patches of undecoat,,... cars had to be painted or all undercoat.I put my 350 chev/turbo 400 in it. Motor was bulit by Bobby Grambau who still to this day owns his black EH   MY064     (i had bobbys EH as my wedding car and left the reception in Victors partners tunnel rammed 66 mustang).. Before I got the FC going we stripped nad painted the engine bay, rewired and re carpeted the car, got wipers, horn and all the other things that the car needed to be steetable done. Once it was back on the street, we changed the cragars for Weld wheels, 15 x 3.5 up front and 15.8's up the back and we were off... I owned the car for 2 years and due to time and other issues beyond my control I didnt have anough time to get the car painted, so to go to the Nats we did it in black primer.... painted it 3 times for $24.95.. Victor was a great help with the car from the moment I bought it off him, he and Bobby Grambau helped me to get it to run 12.55, 12.53 and 12.51 on its only trips down the quarter while i owned it. This was a 3000lb car on 12 month old B.F.Goodrich T/A's  the only change from when it was on the street being the removal of the exhaust, I also put it in the 86 Street machine show at theh exhibition buildings... It was, before I owned it and still is today and great car.and I wish the current owner many many miles of great cruising. If anyone has any current pics I would love to see them on this site.
customFC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2007, 11:50:57 AM »

Hey Mark, welcome to the site.
Thanks for sharing your story on your/Victors car. It is great to hear about your experiences and to be able to fill in parts of the history of a memorable FC. I too would love to see some pics of the car as it is today.

Perhaps these pics will help until that happens.
A couple more pics from Alan Hales photo collection.

"3 shots of Victor's car from the first Mt Gambier show and shine I believe, prior to it being repainted in Candy Apple Red."

Regards
Alex

customFC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 01, 2007, 07:43:06 AM »

Some more pics from Alan Hale, this time jumping back to when his car was painted green.

Green and ROH is with new ROH rear 'kidney' 14" and how high it had to sit to clear.

Green 1 is at Elwood forshore in Melbourne.

The other 2 are real early Calder shots with the 161 and original 'grey' drivetrain.
One of those shots I shattered the gearbox all over the startline!! I was as nervous as hell, leg shaking and all !! Ha certainly funny now, but it wasn't then.

Regards
Alex

customFC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 04, 2007, 11:13:53 AM »

More great shots of Alan's car. This time the car is now black pre V8. I will let Alan's words tell the story:

'192 Triple' is a bad shot of the engine bay when it was undergoing it's first rebuild to black. I fitted it with triple su's with the engine moved forward to clear the firewall ! I didn’t want to cut into the firewall and the only way to do it right was to change it!!

'192 Twin' is what I changed it to! That manifold was actually a genuine holden development one for XU1 Torana that they looked at prior to settling on triple strombergs. Wish I still had it, that engine was fantastic.

The next is at the 10th Victorian Hot Rod show in 1975. I was in the Victorian drag racers club back then, and the car is on their stand, I won 'Top Unfinished' at that show and was the first of many shows after I decided it was better to do that than continue drag racing with it then.. Certainly cost alot more than $3000.00 pretty quick...

Regards
Alex

propig2003

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 05, 2007, 08:53:40 AM »

man, how old am i. all these beasts were the inspiration for my pig. nuthin looks tuffer than seein these ole girls smokin rubber. some of you fellow streeters may recall seein propig on channel 9 in relation to the hoon laws and how a co called drag tag is helping to rid these critters off the road and onto a purpose built burnout pad in campbellfield. the pig is attaining a cult following up there when the ole girl cuts loose. but back to these heros of yesteryear, where wood any of us be without alan, victor and lindsay's initial input into modifying these beauties in the first place. keep those old photos coming, and as long as they do, there will always be an interest in them to members as well as guests.
thanks for the memories folks
brett
customFC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2007, 12:15:21 PM »

Some more of Alan's photos.

First one is just a nice shot of it finished with 192, twin su's, aussie 4 speed and 3.9 :1 LSD and Torana / HK 'chromies' ..

Next is a shot of it with V8 now and the new 4WD look that was all the go in the 70's, made the tyre clearance easy back then !!

Last one is a pic on the trailer coming back from the Hot Rod drags I mentioned earlier with a rod through the block ! My good mate Dave Ryan from Rare Spares is towing it for me in his and Carol's 56 chev

These 2 are from the 3rd Street Machine Nationals in Shepparton Victoria 1978, in the Go-Whoa and an unofficial burnout comp. This was the precursor to the current 'summernats' at Canberra.
If you look hard you might see Chic Henry checking everything out !

Last one is another from the Vic Hot Rod show where I had a double display with Bob Grambau and his EH, not sure what year that is. We both cruised to 'John's Picnic' at Pakenham this year

Regards
Alex

customFC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 11, 2007, 08:18:07 AM »

This is the last group of pics that Alan has sent to me.
There seems to be a lot of lookers, but not too many comments. If you want Alan to scan some more, how about showing some appreciation or interest. Wink Grin

1 more from the Shepparton Nationals Go Whoa .. I think the person in the foreground there is Bob Pyz another well known Rare Spares identity.

These 2 pics are of Rick Martin and myself,the other FC at the start of the '3 FC's' thread circa 1976-77 I think.
The shots were taken by Norm Darwin on the Sth Eastern freeway in Melbourne before it was open ! They were for a magazine article called 'A Pair Of FC's',, I think it was Australian Hot Rod

A closer look at each car.

Thank you for taking the time to share these pics with us Alan. I personally am enjoying them immensely.
Regards
Alex

craiga
« Reply #79 on: March 11, 2007, 08:38:57 AM »

Alex, Alan,

I'm definitely enjoying the pictures. The last one is one of the best - remember POS-A-Traction tyres? Limited grip in the dry, ice skating in the wet  Shocked

The two cars being un-lowered also shows how things have changed, now everything is dumped on the ground, back then it was up high - at the back at least, usually with a set of air shocks. Bad handling guaranteed!!

Keep 'em coming.

Cheers,

Craig.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: