FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:15:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 3 FC's  (Read 73275 times)
customFC
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2003, 11:09:45 AM »

What colour was Vic's car......burgundy?
Was it flat black at first?
Regards
Alex

FC-225

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2003, 08:03:45 PM »

What colour was Vic's car......burgundy?
Was it flat black at first?
Regards
Alex

Alex,
It was originally a sort of dull red,as in that pick above.
Then it was Candy Apple Red. Can't remember when that happened though. And now it is purple !!

And yes I think it was in black primer for a short time,but I could be wrong on that.

Cheers

AL.
customFC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2003, 12:03:16 AM »

I've been trying to find the pics I took at the 7th Nats, with no luck......it's driving me crazy wondering where I put that album. Anyway, heres a pic of Gunnas FC at the 6th Nats in 82. Sorry the pics not all that bright, my scanner looks to be dieing. Sad
Regards
Alex

Updating with a fresh scan of the pic.

Here's a pic of the car in the supercruise down Northumberland.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 06:36:48 AM by custom_fc » Logged

victor reilly
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2003, 06:22:38 AM »

hi i was surprised when a friend of mine told me he was looking at this site as he is interested on buying a fe holden and he says iam famous -not quite .its good to see alans car is still going strong iwas also at the first mt gambier car a long time ago and still have the old trophys (made from grey motor engine parts) i have seen my old f.c holden at the last oct 2002  croydon tuesday nite crusie nite and it is now purpul colour its weird as this was the colour the car was when purchased in 1974 for $5.00 -yes 5 dollars.a ton of money has been spend by self and its 5 other owners since then.its good to here rick is doing well i like to catch up with these guys as time goes to fast these days. there was a guy many of you might also know bob grambiu (spelt a different way i think) this eh holden was also at mt gambier  first show.he has just rebuild this car into one of the best street driven cars i have seen a while. we both used our cars  (jans 66 mustang fastback also just complete a nice wake up rebuild from being a sleep in the garage for 10 years) and had a ball. great to hear people still remember the old days cheers -victor reilly
Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2003, 07:02:03 AM »

Hello,
            About three weeks ago i saw a bright purple FC , looked in immaculate condition , mags and with no bonett on, did not get a real good look , lotsa chrome in the engine bay, looked like it was going for a test run and had stopped.But what a beautifull looking car.
                      Cheers Russell (the Phantom)

Bogans rule
FC-225

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2003, 08:08:40 AM »

G,day Bucket !!
How about all this eh ? Saw Bob Grambau last week at work,and he mentioned he caught up with you and Jan at a wedding and the Mustang !
Yeah,there was a few memories over in Mt Gambier,my kids are now really keen and want to go on cruises all the time now..hard to find the time these days though !
As soon as I saw that purple car in Lilydale,a couple of years ago I thought it looked sort of familiar !!
Anyway we should catch up some time maybe ??

Cheers

AL.
Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2003, 09:51:32 AM »

Hey again
                Forgot to tell you that i seen the purple FC in Wandin, which is not far from Lilydale
                                         Cheers Rusty(phantom)

Bogans rule
customFC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2005, 12:00:23 PM »

Updating some of the older links in Norm's posts so no one misses out.

Just been rereading this thread, 1 of the most interesting ever on the foum IMHO.
Regards
Alex

normd

6 in a row , the way to "GO"

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2005, 12:11:50 PM »

Hey Alex  "SNAP"

I had just chased up this post and "Updated" the 1st pic,  and "hey presto"  here it was at the top.

Great Minds Think Alike"   Grin Grin

Thanks Mate

Norm     Smiley

I Love My "FC" 192 . Old but still a "Rev Head"

R.I.P. Norm - A Great Mate to Everyone on the Forum.
Hewart
nsw-club

Holden on forever...

profile.php?id=1071847991 hewart
View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2005, 01:39:38 PM »

Hey guys...
I know it's already been said Alex... but your FE/FC photo collection must be huge.... and I imagine due to digital technology it will increase again dramatically!!
When are you doing that website Tongue Wink

Cheers
Les...

customFC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2007, 10:42:41 AM »

Time to dig this post up again I think!
Just dug out my old Street Machine magazines from storage and started flicking through. I came across an article on Vic Reilly's FC in Van Wheels, Aug/Sept '81, and thought I would share the pics.

Regards
Alex

FC-225

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2007, 04:36:40 AM »

Hi Alex,
More good shots ! I think they were taken in Mt Gambier,I was there as well,but cannot remember exactly..

Cheers

AL
GOA350
vic-club

FE's are great when they've got a V8

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2007, 10:12:08 AM »

These cars bring back great memories of when i first saw them. Vic Rielly's car inspired me to biuld GOA350. Vic didn't own the car then but the car venition red with Weld Pro Stars and owned by Duane Gerdes at around 1988. It was doing burnouts in the main street of Alexandra vic and man was it tough. It never used to run a bonnet or wipers.
  I remember Gunners car used to sit in API's showroom on display in about 1990 then disappeared. It too gave me ideas.
   Without these cars, cars like mine would not have been built, for that i thank you.
                     Cheers Scott
customFC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2007, 12:20:56 PM »

Tony, (nascohunter) sent me some pics to share with the forum.
Here a a couple of pics, 1 of Alan's FC and the other of Gunna's FC taken at the Street Machine Nats, both cars returning from the drags at the ACT track.

This pic Tony says is of Vics car at a show in the late 80's at the Blind institute.

I recall seeing this car in flat black and was the reason I asked if Vic's car was ever flat black. I am not sure this is Vic's car, but would be interested to know 1 way or the other. I will try to find the pic I took of the car in black.
Regards
Alex
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 12:22:48 PM by custom_fc » Logged

SpeciFEcation

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2007, 10:07:50 PM »

I recall seeing this car in flat black and was the reason I asked if Vic's car was ever flat black. I am not sure this is Vic's car, but would be interested to know 1 way or the other. I will try to find the pic I took of the car in black.
Regards
Alex

I'll ask him as I've got to talk to the 'buckets' today....
HAD 708

Model: FE

Holdens and the Mighty Woodsmen truly magnificent

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2007, 11:03:51 PM »

Tony told me he had sent the pics to Alex thanks for putting them up. I remember seeing that car at the Blind institute show in the mid 80,s. It used to be a huge show held on a close to 40acre block on the corner of Burwood hwy and Station Streets in Burwood in Melbourne. It unfortunately only went a few years and since then the land has been you guessed it!sold to developers and it is now a built up concrete mess.
Brett

Brett Gillard
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2007, 12:20:41 AM »

geez all these pics bring back so many memories.
It was these 3 cars that first turned me onto FE / FC's.
i can still remember the Street Machine mags showing them.
thanks for bringing those memories back again Wink Wink.

dean

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
SpeciFEcation

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2007, 03:24:09 AM »

Regards
Alex

Here's the story....

Victor sold the car back in 1983 (approx) when it was 'Candy Apple Red' to Mark Dickinson minus the motor and transmission. He then painted it flat black as is indicated here. Marh then apparently put a 350 Chev in it and according to Victor, it ran a 12.5 quarter.

It's been seen since and is painted back in the 'purple' colour that was on it when Victor originally purchased it for $5.

FC-225

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2007, 11:08:01 AM »

Here's the story....

Victor sold the car back in 1983 (approx) when it was 'Candy Apple Red' to Mark Dickinson minus the motor and transmission. He then painted it flat black as is indicated here. Marh then apparently put a 350 Chev in it and according to Victor, it ran a 12.5 quarter.

It's been seen since and is painted back in the 'purple' colour that was on it when Victor originally purchased it for $5.

Correct,and I have been told by others that it is in the Cranbourne are now ??

AL
customFC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2007, 01:01:08 PM »

Finally came across the photo I mentioned of the flat black car. With some of those tell tale signs and the story that speciFEcation managed to find out, this would be the car that belonged to Vic. I would love to see it in it's current purple state.

Here's another pic. Both pics were taken at the 7th Street Machine Nats. The FE belongs to Vince O Donoghue.

Regards
Alex
ps. I also found several more pics of Gunna's and Alan's FC's, so watch out for them soon.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 01:02:22 PM by custom_fc » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: