FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:29:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Parts for 1958 FC Special Sedan  (Read 3746 times)
my8thholden
nsw-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: March 03, 2019, 08:11:26 AM »

morning all ...I have a list ..I am shopping around .good reasonable quality.I have these items but I am looking for better ,not alloy bubbling under the chrome ,things like that ..

Front blinker assemblies LH and RH ,
rear guard tail fin ..Mounts above tail light, runs forward along top of guard.one only ..

clear lower tail light lense ,I need one good one ,one of mine is cracked.

Hub caps ..I would like at least two ,one of mine is good ,one is OK ,other 2 are poor ...there must be 2 good ones out there .I know a bloke in SA recos them that's an option..
some members happy to place stuff ..
Happy to purchase or swap...THX Vern ..

these days i'm half as good for twice as long
DJ
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 10:06:59 AM »

Vern, the clear lens is reproduced by Rare Spares now.
https://www.rarespares.net.au/rarespares/buy/lrt1001/lens-reverse-lamp-clear-fe-fc

On the rear guard fins, they are left & right sides with different part numbers.
There are also two versions (but with the same part numbers) depending on whether you have an extension to the front of the 'C' pillar, as in the late '59 paint style. (Fc Rear Fins)
Here's the description on paint styles : http://www.fefcholden.org.au/techinfo/fcpaintstyles.html

Dave
0417 270 315
Snoop

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 12:39:33 PM »

Hi Vern
I brought some parts of a guy yesterday think he has a nice second hand left blinker and I think a nos left hand as well. I payed $120 for a really nice second hand unit with nice original lense. Could find out for you if you like.
Cheers Peter
my8thholden
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2019, 09:32:39 PM »

Dave...Thanks for the info..I never looked closely at the two fins..yes clearly ..one is 7410974 RH  and other 7410975 LH  ..In the hand they look the same , I just took them off the car last year and put aside for later ,and later has come ,curse of the assumption ,there is no extension to the  C pillar...A quick look just now ,is the rake of the curve on the underside where it sits on the guard a different profile on the inside edge to the outside edge ?
Rob ..Further to the PM I sent you,what is the number on the one fin you have for me ?
Peter ..Yes please inquire on the front blinker lights ..

THX Vern

DJ
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 12:08:02 AM »

Vern, I don't recall now what the difference is between L & R sides.
When you look for a replacement, the fins on your model should have a plain end.
Fins for the later model are shaped to accept the extension piece. You will notice the difference when viewing from the side & from underneath.

Dave
0417 270 315
my8thholden
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2019, 06:54:07 AM »

Dave ..yes I see,the beauty of images,mine are definitely the plain ones, i'll put them on the car later and see what the difference is ...
Rob..If you are looking at this also ,pls confirm the one you have for me is plain type and if LH or RH  ..then I know which other one I need .
thanks gents Vern ..

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2019, 10:30:59 AM »

The difference between L and R is the curve on the top of the quarter. It's a different shape

Ken
ardiesse
nsw-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2019, 12:48:50 PM »

Ken,

Which side has the odd part number, and which the even number?

Rob

Remember: if your Holden's not leaking oil, it doesn't have any.
grey nomad

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2019, 02:44:32 PM »

R/H = drivers side =even number & L/H = passenger side = odd number.  In 99% of all holdens.  AL.
greyone

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2019, 10:35:38 AM »

morning all ...I have a list ..I am shopping around .good reasonable quality.I have these items but I am looking for better ,not alloy bubbling under the chrome ,things like that ..

Front blinker assemblies LH and RH ,
rear guard tail fin ..Mounts above tail light, runs forward along top of guard.one only ..

clear lower tail light lense ,I need one good one ,one of mine is cracked.

Hub caps ..I would like at least two ,one of mine is good ,one is OK ,other 2 are poor ...there must be 2 good ones out there .I know a bloke in SA recos them that's an option..
some members happy to place stuff ..
Happy to purchase or swap...THX Vern ..
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: