FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
January 20, 2019, 11:11:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Don't miss out on the 17th FE-FC Holden Nationals, in Canberra Easter 2018. Entries close 25 January, all the details are on the website.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Butchered Fc ute  (Read 1649 times)
waynos

Model: FC

patience grasshopper

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2019, 02:28:47 PM »

A bit more on the guard
I've also rolled the headlights forward
 1 1/4inches.it happened by accident. I only had one screw in the bottom of the headlight rim and it fell forward over a few weeks. I noticed it looked meaner like that. So that's how this happened.
I've always thought that peak on top had to be longer so I smashed it in on the grass with hammer and bolster chisel. (old school) haha. I couldn't afford a sandbag at the time ,so I used nature one.
None of the guard is really concluded yet.
I like to get the mods close so I can get a good visual on the whole flow of the car, before finishing just in case I don't like it. Then I haven't wasted a whole lot of time.

Sent from my CPH1725 using Tapatalk

The grinder is mightier than the sword.
59wagon

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2019, 03:02:33 PM »

Awesome pic's & explanations Waynos. I've got some major repair work on my FB guards coming up that I'm a bit hesitant about as I haven't done this sort of thing before - thanks for the inspiration Grin

Also, with the widening of the roof rear, how do you get the top of the door frame gutter to line up in a straight line? I noticed in earlier pics there was some tape running from the windscreen towards the back - did you slice along there to push the roof gutter out and then add a filler patch?

Cheers,

John
waynos

patience grasshopper

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2019, 04:58:25 PM »

Awesome pic's & explanations Waynos. I've got some major repair work on my FB guards coming up that I'm a bit hesitant about as I haven't done this sort of thing before - thanks for the inspiration Grin

Also, with the widening of the roof rear, how do you get the top of the door frame gutter to line up in a straight line? I noticed in earlier pics there was some tape running from the windscreen towards the back - did you slice along there to push the roof gutter out and then add a filler patch?

Cheers,

John
I've never liked the bulbous  roof on a ute. As I have said I drove this car everyday for 2 years lookin at it. So I always wanted to pancake the roof which many say does not work. So pushing out the front of the roof to line up with the rear I thought would take some of that bulbous roof out. It did a little bit but I pie cut along  that masking tape line later on  to take even more of that bulbous roof line away. So what happened  was rain gutter stayed where  it was and 5/8 more came out of the roof and rear windscreen.

ardiesse
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2019, 05:08:54 PM »
+1

You're going to have a soiree?
Black tie, bubbly, caviar, and the main act is a demonstration of sheet metal welding . . .
Sounds like a winning formula to me.
The handpiece says TIG to me, I am guessing.

Rob

Remember: if your Holden's not leaking oil, it doesn't have any.
waynos

patience grasshopper

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2019, 05:33:00 PM »

You're going to have a soiree?
Black tie, bubbly, caviar, and the main act is a demonstration of sheet metal welding . . .
Sounds like a winning formula to me.
The handpiece says TIG to me, I am guessing.

Rob
Sounds good to me!  But black shirt instead of tie. We are gonna get dirty. And I mean dirty!

waynos

patience grasshopper

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2019, 05:40:38 PM »

I don't have a mig at home. I only like mig for plug welds. Tig for everything  else.my tig, I can stick weld with if I need to make a table or something. I really have no need for a mig at home.
I have 14000 dollar migs at work.
I don't find a need to bring one home much.
My thoughts are if you're building a car buy a cheap tig and learn to use it. Instead of a cheap mig. That's just my opinion.

fc5859

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2019, 08:39:56 AM »

great work, gee there are some talented guys on this site, I am getting more inspired to get another FC every time I take a look at the site, I sold my last FC in 2004
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: