FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:25:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: My 59 Wagon  (Read 34278 times)
CoolFCWgn

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2015, 08:19:40 PM »

Here's a couple of images of mine finished. The pinchweld is not overly attractive. I'm also going to chase up covers for the top bolt.

Also a couple of images of the trim piece. Hope these are useful.

Ian.

DJ
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2015, 08:46:17 PM »

Looks terrific inside too.

Dave
0417 270 315
Stewy
sa-club

Model: FE

FErgus 1957 FE Special Station Sedan

Jeff Stewart
View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2015, 09:02:35 PM »

Almost makes me want to put seat belts in the FE wagon, such a neat job, a real credit to you Ian. Smiley

Cheers Stewy   Cool

No matter how much you push the envelope, It'll still be stationery
59wagon

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2015, 04:24:07 AM »

Thanks for all the replies.  Looks real good Ian, and I found those two bits of trim after going through a box of bits I got with the car - couldn't see the "A"pillar trims, but still more boxes to look through.  Can you let me know how you go with the bolt covers, please?
When I do my rear belts, I'll take measurements and post them in case anyone wants to do similar.
Cheers, John
59wagon

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2015, 07:19:23 PM »

Hi All.  I've been looking at how to tackle my wagon's sills and have read through a few very helpful threads on the forum.  I've copied a couple of pic's from the threads.
I noticed that in the 1st pic below, there is a brace under the floor beneath each "B"pillar (left of left hand clamp in picture) - mine doesn't have these. 

In the second pic, there's a ribbed metal plate "thingy" under the "B" pillar that lives between the inner and outer sills - I don't have these either.

When I got the car, the outer sills had been replaced and the inners patched up. I decided to remove the rh outer just to have a look - glad I did as there's more cancer here and I might redo some bits. If the missing bits in the above pictures are meant to be there, I guess they were removed during the patch up job. Do I need to make & replace these bits, or were they on some cars and not others.

The next two pic's are my car. As you can see, the rh "C" pillar dogleg area needs some work (the hole in the inner sill was covered up by the new outer that I removed). The lh side has been repaired at some stage (sorry for blurry pic). The repaired side has a "step" from the dogleg onto the top of the sill - is this correct or should it flair smoothly onto the sill.

Thanks everyone, John
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2015, 09:02:46 PM »

John, only sedans have the jacking point under the B pillar. Sedans had the scissor jack.
All the others had the bottle jack which was placed under the axle or front suspension.

The little piece between the sills is not essential in my opinion - it was on all cars originally and was probably removed previously as you suggest.

Ken
59wagon

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2015, 11:08:14 AM »

Thanks, Ken. Another thing learnt. Cheers.
fe350chev
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2015, 01:05:09 PM »

You are doing this with a lot of care and effort which will show in the end result. I appreciate the pictures people have contributed in regards to the seat belts and the tips I am learning about wagons in particular. I have seen a fair few wagons in the past few years. There is something about them that is rubbing off on me.

Cheers

Deano.

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2015, 09:21:40 PM »

Haha, that first pic does look very familiar.... Cool Cheers, Jamie.

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
59wagon

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2015, 12:54:25 AM »

Haha, that first pic does look very familiar.... Cool Cheers, Jamie.
Yeh, Jamie. People like you who detail their builds on the forum are a massive help and inspiration to people like me who wouldn't even contemplate doing a car from scratch.
When I first started looking for a car, I wanted a runner, preferably licensed. I knocked back a well priced EK sedan, almost ready for licensing, cos it had a couple of dents and a little rust - I thought it would be too hard to fix.  I then started reading various builds on this and the FB/EK forum and saw what could be done.
So I went and got myself an FC wagon full restoration job. Good move? I wonder sometimes but I'm enjoying it so far and learning heaps, including how to weld and shape sheet metal.
So, to all of you who have inspired and helped others to take on this type of work -THANKS.
Cheers, John
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2015, 02:13:50 PM »

Ok, I notice you still didn't get an answer about the dogleg? I waited cos I don't have a wagon but should be the same the offset of the lip. So here's the original fc taxi. Your just lucky cos I have it home ready to lift it off the trailer with the excavator for blasting these areas. The reason ppl aren't rushing in with pics is cos they can't show u what u wanna see properly, if i am understanding your question.
Here's pics of how they line up sideways view and the one that is finished is my fe custom on the other car. I'm gunna go around and dye grind it all nice once the bodies are completely repaired.

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
59wagon

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2015, 03:38:18 PM »

Thanksalot Dean, just what I needed. Cheers, John
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2015, 06:18:12 PM »

Wink

Deano

Errol62
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2019, 11:23:58 AM »

Bump. Any progress John?
Cheers
Clay

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
59wagon

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2019, 02:46:32 AM »

Bump. Any progress John?
Cheers
Clay

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Haha, you know what I've been doing Clay, trying to get the FB on the road so I've got an old Holden to drive while I work on the FC, which is a longer term project.

Cheers,

John
Errol62
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2019, 08:17:40 AM »

👍me too😈

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode)