FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 25, 2024, 12:28:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: small oil leak  (Read 2105 times)
yackboy49

Model: FC

EARLY HOLDEN CAR CLUB INC. WANGARATTA

View Profile
« on: June 20, 2003, 09:16:10 AM »

Just need some advice on oil coming from fly wheel cover, after a days running it drops a small amount.

how serious is this, &  does it get  worse ?

Cheers

yb.

Phil
hkmonaro_68

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2003, 09:53:37 AM »

Poss coming out of the rear main seal, or from the sump. Make sure its not running down from the top of the motor first.
ChrisB

"Shiny Bits"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2003, 09:58:35 AM »

YB,
I would be checking all obvious places for leaks like rear of rocker cover and side plate first just to make sure its not coming from another spot first.
The rear main seal was discussed recently by another fellow who replaced it in the car. It was bad enough doing it on the engine stand where I could use a broken crankshaft to seat the seal and clean up the edges where the caps joined.
If it is the rear main seal and you can live with it I would wait until you had to pull the motor out before fixing it.

Cheers ChrisB  Cool
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: