FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 04:43:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Clutch / Brake Master Cylinder Reservoir  (Read 2123 times)
Rod

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« on: June 11, 2003, 03:04:15 AM »

I know there has been discussions along these lines before. Recently I began to put a kit through a clutch MC on an FE which insidently has the Tin reservoir. I know Ken has mentioned in the past that the plastic and Tin ones aren't interchangable. However I have come across a different type of Tin reservoir which is different to the ones in the Nasco Parts catalogue and Manual. It is slightly taller but the diameter of the Tin is smaller. The tread of the cap and base are identical to the other. It is Holden as it got holden embosed on the tin. Any suggestions if this is original FE or FC or if not what model it may be off.Just Curious.
Cheers

Rod
PS: Any out there got suggestions on the Low Line Canopy fitting as in a previous post
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2003, 05:58:24 AM »

Rod, I think you will find that HD had slimmer taller tin pots.
Regards Gary
Dr Terry
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2003, 06:14:02 AM »

Hi Guys,

The taller, thinner tin reservoirs are off EJ, EH & early HD (up to July '65). The pastic type with the squarer thread was used after that, to the end of HR & all replacements since.

There is another reservoir available for the early cylinders, made out of plastic, by a company called ABS. They have a black screw top and seem to be around at swap meets, at least in NSW.

Hope this helps.

Dr Terry.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: