FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 30, 2024, 07:57:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Unfinished FE Project need gone :(  (Read 17574 times)
MatRug

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: August 05, 2012, 06:15:48 PM »

Undecided

I have an old 1953 FE Holden sitting back at my Parents place I am now looking at selling... I did start working on restoring this project back in 1998 but moved a few years later... Never got the chance to finish the old girl off... Now I need it out of there & no longer have the time or money to finish it off... I’m not sure how much it’s worth but I see most of them are going for around $2000.00. So best I start there...

Vehicle is located in Altona Meadows, Vic 3028
Will need to be removed from the site. It doesn’t run as everything has been disconnected.

As im new to this forum im having trouble uploading any picks. Email me for the photo's at this time till this newbe works it out Cheesy

« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 06:25:09 PM by MatRug » Logged
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 07:17:36 PM »

I'm keen to have a look at what you've got - send me a pm of your number and I'll give you a call.

Ken
MatRug

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 09:27:22 PM »

Undecided

I have an old 1953 FE Holden sitting back at my Parents place I am now looking at selling... I did start working on restoring this project back in 1998 but moved a few years later... Never got the chance to finish the old girl off... Now I need it out of there & no longer have the time or money to finish it off... I’m not sure how much it’s worth but I see most of them are going for around $2000.00. So best I start there...

Vehicle is located in Altona Meadows, Vic 3028
Will need to be removed from the site. It doesn’t run as everything has been disconnected.

As im new to this forum im having trouble uploading any picks. Email me for the photo's at this time till this newbe works it out Cheesy

Bit more Info:

This car is 90% there (but most of it is in the boot)  Grin
Normal rust spots through the floor. Front bench seat no longer around. All other parts in good condition for its age.. All chrome work still there. It did have a rear end hit so back drivers quarter paned damaged. All other panels appear strait.

I did start removing all the old paint & start rubbing the panels back. As you can see in one of the picks (once i upload them) i have re-coated the vehicle in a special killrust primer to stop further rust getting in.

This vehicle has been stored in a garage out of the weather now for 14 years. It has also been covered that hole time so should be just as good as when i first started working on it...

black57

feratrod
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 10:10:31 PM »

PM sent.

A car on the road is worth 2 in the shed...
FE Standard rat rod
MG Midget
1965 GSM Dart - ex race car
1948 Singer 9
2 1960s custom fiberglass race cars
And a couple of Cyclekarts underway
MatRug

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 08:25:48 PM »

I have just taken some updated pictures of the FE after its been sitting under covers for 14 years... I have FINALLY worked out how to upload these pictures  Grin

The old girl doesn't look too bad for sitting still for 14 years  Shocked..

not sure if I'm asking too much or not enough for the old girl... Any advice would  be great  Huh

« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 08:37:42 PM by MatRug » Logged
MatRug

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 08:46:41 PM »

I have just taken some updated pictures of the FE after its been sitting under covers for 14 years... I have FINALLY worked out how to upload these pictures  Grin

The old girl doesn't look too bad for sitting still for 14 years  Shocked..

not sure if I'm asking too much or not enough for the old girl... Any advice would  be great  Huh

-  - Sorry Bad Light & an iphone...

Yes the last 5 picks is what she looks like now... All rubbed back & in basic black metal converter/primer.
FCV08

Model: FC

FE FC Club of QLD

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012, 09:20:59 PM »

MatRug

Not sure whether you are are that PM is a personal message under My Messages.

If you are not sure posty your mobile number up and not doubt someone will call.

Cheers

Craig D
MatRug

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2012, 11:37:56 AM »

Craig

thanks for that.. I have had a bit of interest in the vehicle.. Hopefully if all goes well someone may just take it off my hands in the next week or 2.

Cheers,
matRug.
MatRug

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2012, 12:37:00 PM »

I haven't had any takers on this car as yet . Thanks for all who has come out & the advise they have given.. I am now looking at possibly stripping the car down for parts if no one want to take the complete car. I will consider $1000.00 for the lot or I will start pulling it apart in the next month or so. If there is any further intrest please let me know ASAP Ph: Mat on 0416 027 593. I do need this car gone before Christmas this year!
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2012, 04:46:03 PM »

Where is the car located ?

Stewy
sa-club

FErgus 1957 FE Special Station Sedan

Jeff Stewart
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2012, 04:50:51 PM »

Getting lazy Pete  Cheesy

Read the first post  Wink

Cheers Stewy   Cool

No matter how much you push the envelope, It'll still be stationery
FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2012, 06:47:18 PM »

Yes i am i read it obviouslly not slow enough.
Dam parts cars in VIC

need to find a cheap doner car in NSW

MatRug

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2012, 07:00:21 PM »

Happy to send it up on the back of a truck but you would need to organise the truck & a driver  Grin probably cost you more than what the car is worth  Roll Eyes I'm good at supervising, i could watch him load it  Tongue
VAN059

Brisbane, QLD.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2012, 08:16:40 PM »

Dibs on some of the chrome if you decide to dismantle Grin

Smokin Words and Shoutin Turds
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2012, 08:17:52 PM »

Yes i am i read it obviouslly not slow enough.
Dam parts cars in VIC

need to find a cheap doner car in NSW
Whatya need?

FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2012, 04:37:16 AM »

Just want a complete
Wreck for when I reassemble for clips and odds and ends .

black57

feratrod
View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2012, 10:27:17 AM »

I'm interested Mat. PM sent.

Pinky.

A car on the road is worth 2 in the shed...
FE Standard rat rod
MG Midget
1965 GSM Dart - ex race car
1948 Singer 9
2 1960s custom fiberglass race cars
And a couple of Cyclekarts underway
MatRug

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2012, 07:37:43 PM »

I'm interested Mat. PM sent.

Pinky.

Pinky

thanks. I have sent you the details as requested Smiley
MatRug

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2013, 10:14:11 PM »

Hi all
I'm back Sad.... I have been away on business for a while & was waiting for someone to come down prior to Christmas for a look but never showed up Angry.
SO I still have my FE for Sale Shocked...

This will be the last Chance.. Thank You to the guys that did show up & have a look Grin. Last offer was for $600.00.  So if there is any interest still out there please let me know... I will part with the COMPLETE Car for the above $$$ as i have till the end of FEB to get it out due to a death in the Family & need it gone..

I will also advertise this on eBay so if you are interested PLEASE get in Fast.. last one sold on eBay for $2000.000 & it wasn't much better than mine..

Please call or PM me..

Cheers,
Mat
0416 027 593.
MatRug

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2013, 08:17:26 PM »

Hi all
I'm back Sad.... I have been away on business for a while & was waiting for someone to come down prior to Christmas for a look but never showed up Angry.
SO I still have my FE for Sale Shocked...

This will be the last Chance.. Thank You to the guys that did show up & have a look Grin. Last offer was for $600.00.  So if there is any interest still out there please let me know... I will part with the COMPLETE Car for the above $$$ as i have till the end of FEB to get it out due to a death in the Family & need it gone..

I will also advertise this on eBay so if you are interested PLEASE get in Fast.. last one sold on eBay for $2000.000 & it wasn't much better than mine..

Please call or PM me..

Cheers,
Mat
0416 027 593.

[ebay 300874288425]I have just Listed this car in eBay if anyone is interested... Pleas look there from now on. Starting at $600.00 [/ebay]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: