FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 18, 2024, 11:18:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Bolt Pattern  (Read 3603 times)
spider

GO THE MIGHTY GREY MOTOR

View Profile
« on: December 14, 2002, 01:07:25 AM »

Hi to all Cheesy,
                  I am wondering if anyone can tell me if the bolt pattern on the back of a grey motor is the same as a red motor, as in 186. Huh
Cheer's Spider Grin
FC-V8

Model: FC

Not enough hours in the day

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2002, 01:29:28 AM »

Hi Spider
        They are the same bolt pattern,If my memory serves me correctly I bolting a 186 to the original gearbox years ago to my first FC.
Glenn

What it to rev ? install a CHEV !
0401-065-201
craiga
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2002, 08:15:53 AM »

Spider is spot on, the Poo Mobile has Red 149 with original grey 'box - all bolts up no problems. Just don't go giving that big bore 186 too much throttle too quick or you'll have a big mess to clean up  Cry

Cheers,

Craig.
brads59

OLD OLDENS=STYLE

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2002, 09:58:16 AM »

Hi guys,
Maybe try an all syncro box out of a HQ?
Still a three on the tree,but much more user friendly....
Cheers BRAD............

1959 Black Std sedan
spider

GO THE MIGHTY GREY MOTOR

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2002, 11:17:40 AM »

;DThank's everyone,
                                 The reason i asked is i wanted to run a 5 speed toyota box behind the grey motor, and wasn't sure that when i ordered the adaptor kit, if i had to buy a adaptor kit just for a grey but since it is the same as a red motor as in bolt pattern theres no problem Smiley i will know what to order. Since the grey motor is going to be bombed to the eyeballs and be totally a mongrel to drive on the road [MAGNIFICENT Grin]  I wanted a good manual box behind it plus the bonus of a overdrive.
Cheers Spider
craiga
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2002, 11:17:51 AM »

Brad,

Fitment of later model synchro gearbox's need floor and gearbox crossmember mods - and engineers reports. Better result, and able to safely pull chirpies into second  Grin just more stuffing around.........

Cheers,

Craig.
FE_STD_WAGON
qld-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2002, 01:10:23 PM »

Hi spider

Just a point to remember if you get bellhousing to suit a celica 5 speed to a red motor [which is the same bolt pattern as a grey] it wont have the mounting bolt holes for the rear engine mounts to suit the grey. So I guess I'm saying you'll have to get a bellhousing to suit a grey.

Regards FE STD WAGON
spider

GO THE MIGHTY GREY MOTOR

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2002, 10:15:32 PM »

Thanks FE STD WAGON Wink
                                        Now there is a point i would of forgotten all about. Thank's Mate for reminding me of the different engine mount's. I am working on the missus fe that has a 186 and forget that the engine mounts on my grey are different Smiley
Cheers Spider
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: