FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 09, 2024, 05:23:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Vacuum tank  (Read 2832 times)
crossply

Model: FC

Paul Reyntjes
View Profile
« on: June 01, 2008, 09:22:58 PM »

i got this tank with my wagon. it was bolted to the right side inner mudguard but not hooked up. I can only assume that it is a reservoir for vacuum wipers. I haven't seen one before. Does anyone know anything about these?
Paul
sexyfc

John greco
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 09:33:55 PM »

Hi Paul,engines with large cams have very little vacum at idle, so the brake pedle would be hard, vacuum tank will store the vacuum for your brakes when needed. (Something around those lines)
cheers john

Project started 16/01/08.
MalFE
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 11:27:20 AM »

Hi Paul.

I have a Repco PBR trailer brake kit which uses a vacuum tank the same as yours.
I used it on a HK that I had for towing my vacuum braked caravan in the 70s.

Cheers.
Mal
crossply

Paul Reyntjes
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 02:07:30 PM »

Thanks for the info guys,
I wasn't sure about the tank as it has no brand name or identification markings on it. The car did have a tow bar on it but no sign of vacuum assisted brakes any more. I'd be interested to see how it is supposed to be hooked up.
Paul
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 02:29:53 PM »

The Hook up is very easy,this tank goes inline in the vacuum hose that normally runs from the intake manifold to the booster.......FC427......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 05:40:41 PM »

There should be separate in and an out ports since it should have valving to prevent air entering the tank once the engine has stopped.  If it doesn't then valves need to be incorporated in the lines

Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: