FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 07:44:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: What are these Numbers 4 Ken  (Read 3112 times)
2brite
wa-club

Cruizin's devine in a '59

View Profile
« on: February 01, 2007, 09:48:08 AM »

I must be part cat because the curiosity is getting to me.

Ken what do you do with these numbers??

Do you decifer the numbers for the owners only and or

keep

some sort of record of the

type /quantity/colour/model/etc is still out there for your

own interest/hobby. :-/

Cheers Nunzio

ps i must be a lazy cat  because i've been meaning to ask this Q for awhile

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 10:46:11 AM »

Nunzio - good question!  There are probably others out there with the same question.
This started out about 15 years ago as a bit of a hobby to try and find out how many FE and FC vehicles of each type were made. It has turned into an obsession with a book in the pipeline similar to Don Lofflers excellent works.
I have collected numbers from over 2500 cars from all over Australia with lots of help from forum members for which I am very grateful.
Anyway the culmination to all this was 3 presentation talks I gave last year.  The first at the NSW 25th anniversary dinner, the second at the FE 50th anniversary run in SA and the last at the December meeting of the Vic club, at which I presented a very exclusive look at a number of photos from my extensive collection plus the culmination of 15 years of collecting numbers - the total build quantities of all FE and FC vehicles.
I am happy to help anybody (club and forum members that is) with information and dating of their car to the best of my ability (and my computer programs ability) But i will not be publishing big chunks of information as it is intended for release in my book.  Hope this clears up my obsession with numbers Tongue
I am still collecting numbers from cars as I have found that the more I look, the more unusual cars are still to be found, so keep sending numbers my way.

Regards   and thanks for the question           Ken
2brite
wa-club

Cruizin's devine in a '59

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 08:29:38 AM »

Enough said  Cheesy

How far off is your book Huh

Will be interested when it comes out along with a few thousand other ppl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...