FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 07:11:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Clutch Master  (Read 1894 times)
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« on: February 02, 2007, 01:54:07 AM »

The clutch master in the ute is leaking fluid back when the clutch is depressed.
Can I put a kit through or am I better off getting a new one.

Philby
act-club

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 02:31:28 AM »

Hey Stinky,

I put a kit (rubbers only) through a master about 8 months ago and haven't had a problem since.  The barrels were clean with no scoring/scratching so I didn't have to worry about a sleeve.

When I took the master apart the rubbers (original ones I think) were all out of shape and totally stuffed, there was also heaps of gunk in the lines which were shredding the rubbers.  No surprise it was spongy after one depression.

Good luck,

Cheers,

Phil
FB_MAD

I can't think what to write here so this will do.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 04:48:01 AM »

As Phil said, if the cylinder bore is OK ie:- no pitting or scoreing a new rubber kit may suffice. Clean up in metho and hone lightly if you have one otherwise a light going over with the finest emery paper wll clean it up.Blow out with compressed air.Just make sure all the crap is gone as it will chop a new rubber badly if it isn't cleaned enough.

Otherwise if in doubt fit a new cylinder or have a new stainless sleeve installed in the old one and fit a new rubber kit..

I always bleed my brakes once a year as brake fluid absorbs moisture  from the air and no matter how good your brake system is sealed, it will make its way in and cause all sorts of problems.

Terry.

Has anybody seen my red pen??
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: