FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:41:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Peter Brock - RIP  (Read 25289 times)
Kathy

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2006, 03:31:48 AM »

Racing legend Brock killed in car crash
Australian motor-sport legend Peter Brock is dead after his car hit a tree east of Perth today.

Brock was competing on the first day of the Targa West Rally when his vehicle hit a tree near the small community of Gidgegannup.

His co-driver has been taken to hospital but his condition is not known.

Brock was 61 years old. No other cars are believed to have been involved.

Known as 'Peter Perfect' and the 'King of the Mountain', Brock won the Bathurst 1000 nine times in the 1970s and 1980s and won the 1979 race by a record six laps.

He retired from full-time racing in 1997 but returned to Bathurst to win the 24-hour race in 2003.

Kathy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 03:36:13 AM »

More reports can be found here:  http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/peter-brock-killed-in-crash/2006/09/08/1157222310976.html
normd

6 in a row , the way to "GO"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2006, 03:47:04 AM »

Kathy
Just logged on to place same post....

I've got to tell Diz (my Mrs) she's out at the moment , she knew him well when she worked at Dulux Paints , he used to call her when he wanted paint for the cars & even asked to meet her when Dulux had a Promo Night
Got photo's of them here..... Very Sad Loss

*** 2 Aussie Icons gone in one week *****

Norm

I Love My "FC" 192 . Old but still a "Rev Head"

R.I.P. Norm - A Great Mate to Everyone on the Forum.
Hewart
nsw-club

Model: FC

Holden on forever...

profile.php?id=1071847991 hewart
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2006, 03:50:35 AM »

Another Aussie icon gone...! What a crappy week!

Thoughts and prayers to all his family and fans Cry

Very sad new indeed!!

Les... Cry

Kathy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2006, 03:50:38 AM »

Hi Norm

It's devastating and I'm sure we are all feeling a little gutted that our GOD is no longer around.  

Such a nice person too, down to earth, with all the time in the world for his fans.

FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2006, 03:52:01 AM »

Hi Kath
I was driving along on my way home when I heard it on the radio, it soon confirmed that we have indeed lost another "AUSTALIAN ICON" another sad sad day in Australian history.

RIP Brocky you will be missed by all.

Jim

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
GMH-O57(FLASH BACK 57)
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2006, 03:56:33 AM »

two great people in one week damn im getin a sig madde up il post it soon as its done

fe hotrod

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2006, 04:34:43 AM »

What a sad day for motorsport,holden and myself as to me peter brock was a hero and legend,on the few occasions i spoke to him he gave me all the time in the world,when i heard he was killed this afternoon i must say it did bring a slight tear to my eyes,which i must say hardly ever happens,im shocked!!the man might have passed on but the legend lives on!!RIP PETER BROCK!!!!........jamie............
normd

6 in a row , the way to "GO"

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2006, 04:39:14 AM »

Di's "cherished" photo.  ( Nov '88 )

She said whenever he rang , he was always in for a chat. Really nice guy.

Condolences to All his Family

R.I.P  Peter   Cry

I Love My "FC" 192 . Old but still a "Rev Head"

R.I.P. Norm - A Great Mate to Everyone on the Forum.
Dave_EH

Keep on Holden' on

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2006, 04:45:19 AM »

I'm totally shattered. My boyhood hero.

Peter and some of his famous race cars were to be the main attraction at a celebration of Bathurst at the Speed on the Tweed in Northern NSW next weekend.  I'd been looking forward to meeting him for so long.

A great man.  What a loss.
RIP Brocky

FB_MAD

I can't think what to write here so this will do.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2006, 04:48:23 AM »

Yep, two Australian legends gone within a week doing what they loved.
For me as a kid Brocky was "The Man", always the one I was watching and hoping would win Bathurst.
My childhood racing legend gone!

RIP Brocky

Terry Cry

Has anybody seen my red pen??
Hotlips
sa-club

I love my EFFEE

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2006, 04:49:15 AM »

Embarrassed EmbarrassedNeedless to say I AM DEVASTATED.....Brocky and Perkins are my two Holden heroes I have followed and admired.  I got Brocky's autograph last summer and had a chat; LUV THE GUY!!!!   It's always been my dream to do a lap or two in a V8 with one or the other - so now my dream is left with Larry Cry Cry.  I am going home now and putting on my Holden gear and getting blottowed@!*#&U!@(   THREE GREAT AUSSIES DEAD IN A WEEK - WHAT A BITCH!!!  

I am woman, hear me ROAR - "vrrmm vrrmm"
fe hotrod

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2006, 04:56:30 AM »

my hero and my son brad!!
nicko
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2006, 05:00:33 AM »

i cant believe it he was a true legend in his own lifetime as was Steve Irwin,
even the others on Ford forums are in shock, he was admired by anyone who loves cars  and car racing.
RIP Pete.

slim
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Ring 0420768346 for genuine FE/FC parts.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2006, 05:23:39 AM »

PETER BROCK was the KING and will always remain KING in my eyes. I also met Him several times and he was a real down to earth Bloke. What he achieved on the Track will never again be achieved. Im totally gutted.  My devotion to a life of HOLDEN started as a boy watching PETER BROCK win at Bathurst in a Torana !  I waited half my life to own a Monaro because Peter Brock drove one . He was also my childhood hero. He will be sadly missed by all and sundry. My condolences go out to all his family and close friends.

Im located at Liverpool, NSW
fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2006, 05:55:32 AM »

I just got a phone call about it from my uncle, Gee, I was so hanging to see brocks 48 run, I remember losing my voice trackside as a kid screaming "GO BROCK" as he raced at bathurst in a vk with the front and rear windows gone but then he blew up his motor trying to catch goss in the jag with a loose seat and he lost, I was completely devestated and almost in tears when that car stopped near the end of the race in around 1985.
Sure has been a crappy week and I would now be shitting myself if I was a Aussie icon (if there are any now left), two real top blokes both killed but atleast they went doing their stuff.
Notice how boring motor racing has been since brock left touring cars.

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2006, 06:25:44 AM »

A very sad day for Australia a great bloke and an Aussie Icon. A terrible loss to the country and Holden. What can you say about a bloke who gave of his time to all who needed it.Our prayers go out to his family.
RIP Brocky
We will all miss you.

jimmys57

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2006, 06:31:37 AM »

This has to be the saddest week for Australia in a long time.Just saw footage of Peter Brock driving that wonderful FX in England.Gees,a 138 doing 6000 Rpm,with a legend of Holden motor sport at the wheel.He will be long remembered as a true blue Aussie,and a Holden icon........Rest in peace Peter
fcdunedin

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

chris sayers
View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2006, 06:36:06 AM »

Such a sad day for all car racing enthusiasts the man was well respected here in NZ too, am about to gas up the FC put on his cd of Peter Brock's favourite driving songs and have a few thoughts of the legend .Happy travels mate.You can bet it's in a Holden!!!
HAD 708

Model: FE

Holdens and the Mighty Woodsmen truly magnificent

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2006, 07:08:20 AM »

What a tragic tragic loss and i think it especially hits all us Holden devotees that little bit harder because i think he was very aware of what the red lion meant to both himself and of all of us in the early Holden movement. One could go on and on about all that he did, i myself as Jamie mentioned had the tears in the eyes on my hearing of the news this afternoon. Collingwood Football Club have announced that they will be wearing black armbands on Sunday in the 1st elimination final in his honor as they were another great love of his, he was a committee member for 2 years in the 80's and a 40yr member. RIP Peter Brock a great Holden man and Australian.
Brett

Brett Gillard
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: