FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 09, 2024, 10:07:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 2pk over acrylic  (Read 3385 times)
NES304
Guru

Model: FC

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« on: September 07, 2006, 10:33:48 AM »

Whats 2pk like over acrylic? is it stable or just not recommended. Is there a primer that can be used between the two paints?

ipg

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 06:56:42 AM »

im not an expert but i thought it would flare up with you went over the top of the acrylic.

please correct me alfio
SRVLIVES

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 08:17:05 AM »

Don't know the ins and outs of it all, but the info I got when mine went in the shop was that all the old (acrylic) paint would have to come off as 2 pak is not compatable and would blister off before I got it home! Shocked

the_love_god

DARK & STORMY

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 03:23:22 AM »

you can ,but it wont last.becuse any single pack paint is too soft,what happens in time the two pack paint will start cracking,becuse it too hard for the Acrylic,what you can is sand down you substrate panel as much as you can to bare metal then appliey either single pack or two pack,if you need help you can call me for help 0418195715 cheers AlfioM Smiley
the_love_god

DARK & STORMY

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2006, 03:26:25 AM »

blistering only happens water in the line,with two pack blistering is uncomon, with arcyic very comon.cheers AlfioM Cool
fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2006, 04:04:06 AM »

its very common to spray 2k over acrylic, this is how most people do cars up now without a bare metal respray, from what I know the problem is the acrylic is more likely to flex than 2k and acrylic can move and seperate under the 2k so to reduce hassles down the track it is better to use 2k from scratch on bare metal.
The other way around is ok, acrylic over 2k, I am painting my exterior in acrylic with 2k primers under it.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 04:05:13 AM by fccool59 » Logged

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
the_love_god

DARK & STORMY

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2006, 05:39:10 AM »

thats correct , you can use any 2k primer then Acrylic ,but you MUST go back to bare metal before you do,cheers AlfioM Cool
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: