FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 29, 2024, 11:32:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Replacing Floor Panels  (Read 2789 times)
Effie C

Model: other Holden

Still Lost & Confused

View Profile WWW
« on: August 18, 2002, 07:05:43 AM »

Help!
OK I know this is probaly stupid but when replacing the floor panels in an FC due to rust,is it best to cut out the floor to fit R.S replacement panels or just to weld new section over the top of old floor. Should I cut out rusting section and weld complete floorpanel over top of old floor or remove the whole floor section?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?

Panel beating or more specific rusting floor replacement is something new to me, I have already made patch panels for other sections and welded them in, but to cut the floor is a worry.

So please help the unintiated.

Thanks in advanced
John M

LIVE LIFE ONE DAY AT A TIME,FOR TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME!

Photo Site:http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/v161/EffieC/
air-chief

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2002, 07:37:15 AM »

Hi John.

You should really cut the old rust away. Lay your new replacement section in and mark around it, when you take the section out you will see where to cut, but make sure you cut about an inch-inch1/2 in from the line. This will give you some overlap.
Then just weld them in, make sure to use seam sealer where ever you don't weld so water doesn't get in between and cause more rust.

Hope this helps
a-c
Effie C

Model: other Holden

Still Lost & Confused

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2002, 08:37:51 AM »

Thanks AC
I surfed around and for anyone else interested the EH club of Victoria has a good story on replacing floor panels including pictures (love pictures).

Thanks again
John M

LIVE LIFE ONE DAY AT A TIME,FOR TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME!

Photo Site:http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/v161/EffieC/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: